***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

one of JD's proclamations when assumed the role of GM of NYJ was he wanted to "create the greatest culture in sports." 

We look like the Rex-Idzik years....the Bowles-Mac years....the Gase-Mac/JD years....it's time to move on. This is a joke.

Well, that's because the one constant in this equation has no clue how to hire a GM......

The faces may change, but the results are the same...

However that doesn't mean I hold onto someone who's proven to be crap because I fear the unknown........JD has proven enough that it's time to move on from him....

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Injuries are a given in the NFL. It's a matter of time before you lose a starter or two. 

For unfortunate teams, they may lose their QB1 

look around the league......QB1s are hurt all over the place......but you have backup QBs playing well. 

Look at Browning last night, if you just looked at his statline and erased his name.....you'd think Cincy had a healthy Burrow....

Look at how Dobbs played well without even knowing his teammates names.....

Yet look at us....JD built the worst QB room in the league and it's not even up for debate.....Zach sucks, but the QBs behind him are either on par with how they suck or worse then Zach. Inexcusable! 

FIRE JOE DOUGLAS!!!!!!!!! 

I'm sick of the Jets because they're consistently a bad football team. I've been extremely patient with this regime, but the expiration date is here. JD has had a long time to build a successful team. He's been here since the summer if 2019, and the 2023 Jets are worse than the Mike Maccagnan Jets. He's had a few hits in the first round, but overall he's been a bad GM. Time turn the page on this regime, and I don't give a flying F what Aaron Rodgers thinks about it. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

one of JD's proclamations when assumed the role of GM of NYJ was he wanted to "create the greatest culture in sports." 

We look like the Rex-Idzik years....the Bowles-Mac years....the Gase-Mac/JD years....it's time to move on. This is a joke.

Culture - his head coach is submarining his players in texts to ny media hacks. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Nowadays ? 1-2 years, (with 3 being an outlier if you've had really bad injury luck) to be field a competitive playoff team. Anyone who says otherwise is talking nonsense.

Exactly.....people who want to hold onto JD because they think he's gonna magically finish this "rebuild" in year 7 are delusional....

All you have to do is take a look around the league.....look at how the playoff teams have flipped over the last few years

figuring out QB goes a long way to completing a rebuild.....our GM took his shot at his guy for QB, and he ended up being one of the biggest draft busts of all time

Regimes don't survive whiffing on a QB taken in the top 3 that bad. Some Jets fans have a low bar because of absolute crap we've had building the team....

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm sick of the Jets because they're consistently a bad football team. I've been extremely patient with this regime, but the expiration date is here. JD has had a long time to build a successful team. He's been here since the summer if 2019, and the 2023 Jets are worse than the Mike Maccagnan Jets. He's had a few hits in the first round, but overall he's been a bad GM. Time turn the page on this regime, and I don't give a flying F what Aaron Rodgers thinks about it. 

In the NFL (Not For Long), 5 years is more then enough time and patience given. This is a results based business. No one survives a 24-54 record. 

I'll give Joe credit for the Rodgers swindle however because it may have brought him an extra 1-2 years of cushion 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You were all talking Super Bowl in August and now its fire everyone.

Aaron got hurt and it ruined the season.  

Everyone is coming back to try again with a healthy rodgers.

Accept it Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give Joe Douglas getting fired a 40% chance right now. If the Jets get embarrassed by the Texans at MetLife I increase the likelihood Joe Douglas gets fired to 60%. It's gonna happen too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Saleh is the most likely to be gone. Douglas, Rodgers and Wilson all back.

Are you joking? Joe Douglas is way worse at his job than Robert Saleh. If the Jets fire Saleh he will have his pick of DC jobs. I don't think Joe Douglas will ever get another high level front office job in the NFL again. And lastly, Zach Wilson will be gone this coming off-season. Book all of this. 

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Are you joking? Joe Douglas is way worse at his job than Robert Saleh. If the Jets fire Saleh he will have his pick of DC jobs. I don't think Joe Douglas will ever get another high level front office job in the NFL again. And lastly, Zach Wilson will be gone this coming off-season. Book all of this. 

Joe Douglas is a careerist and company man. He rarely talks, is rarely seen. He’s a perfect Woody yes man. Saleh is going rogue texting wfan personalities and airing the Jets dirty laundry about Wilson getting special treatment etc etc. I think Saleh is goading Woody to fire him. The league knows how big of a joke the Jets top end leadership is. I think Saleh conned his way into a HC job by studying corporate buzzwords, but he’s still going to be seen as a legit DC who can identify talent and run a defense.

as far as Wilson goes, his family ties to Woody are real and he’s also tight with Rodgers. He’s under contract next season too. He’s not getting cut unless he agrees to it.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Joe Douglas is a careerist and company man. He rarely talks, is rarely seen. He’s a perfect Woody yes man. Saleh is going rogue texting wfan personalities and airing the Jets dirty laundry about Wilson getting special treatment etc etc. I think Saleh is goading Woody to fire him. The league knows how big of a joke the Jets top end leadership is. I think Saleh conned his way into a HC job by studying corporate buzzwords, but he’s still going to be seen as a legit DC who can identify talent and run a defense.

I agree.  I think saleh is ready to bolt and probably knows douglas has status over him.  It changed when he was forced to let go of his OC and buddy.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Only counting the 2020 season to now, which Joe Douglas is most responsible for, the Jets are the worst team in the NFL with a 17-45 record, and during the same stretch the Joe Douglas Jets also own the worst margin of victory in the league at -8.2. At some point Joe Douglas needs to be held accountable, and he will be accountable when the Jets finish the 2023 season with 4 to 5 wins. If not, then Woody truly is the worst owner in professional sports. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?range=yearly_since_2020

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Only counting the 2020 season to now, which Joe Douglas is most responsible for, the Jets are the worst team in the NFL with a 17-45 record and the Joe Douglas Jets also own the worst margin of victory in the league at -8.2. At some point Joe Douglas needs to be held accountable, and he will be accountable when the Jets finish the 2023 season with 4 to 5 wins. If not, then Woody truly is the worst owner in professional sports. 

Joe Douglas has been bad, I’m not going to to dispute that. I called out this cloak and dagger stuff the moment he was hired. 

On 9/27/2023 at 12:44 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It took 4 plays to get Arod killed because our O line was so poorly constructed. Do you believe he would have ever lasted a full season behind that line?

And no I dont.. My prediction was 8 wins and no playoffs

No way Rodgers last half a season behind that OL he handpicked. And how about 4 wins and no playoffs? Lol

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

team america vomit GIF

Here’s the thing, none of the decision making with the Jets is linear. There’s no chain of command. Saleh is actually doing us a favor airing this stuff to JB because it clears up some of the corruption and nepotism rife at 1JD.

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

If we make the playoffs next year, after a 6-year, painfully unwatchable rebuild, is that a success?  

Yea, of course...

To break the longest streak of no playoffs in all of professional sports is a success any way you slice it...

The only caveat is that the window is small because our QB is 40.....we have no long-term solution at QB on the horizon.....we don't even know if we have the right people to find this long-term solution(we don't).........

On 3/15/2021 at 2:45 PM, kevinc855 said:

You all know I got no love so far for Big Joe....

BUT giving him this offseason to see what he can do. If its signing a bunch of 1 year on the cheap deals and most draft picks busting again....I know I wont be alone in calling for his firing

See guys even I gave him a chance 

Then he proceeded that year to draft Wilson Bust, E Moore traded, M Carter Cut, Pinnok cut, Nas,  not here, Marshall, not here and Sherwood where is that guy? MC2 has been a decent slot corner and AVT is talented when get can stay on the damn field. 

In the offseason he also made the awesome signings of Carl Lawson, Corey Davis, Tyler kroft, Tevin  Coleman and Keenan Cole 🙄

I can't defend JD's W/L record but I still do think he's done a good job with the draft overall (certainly the Sauce draft and I like the early returns so far on the IV draft). 

My bigger concern is that I don't trust the Johnson bros to hire an upgrade.  I fear they'd end up getting talked into another Maccagnan type, just like they let themselves be talked into Adam Gase coaching to where the NFL is going.  

It can be argued "our W/L record stinks so we have nothing to lose anyway" but I still do think the talent on this roster has been greatly upgraded.  

On 12/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

You were all talking Super Bowl in August and now its fire everyone.

Aaron got hurt and it ruined the season.  

Everyone is coming back to try again with a healthy rodgers.

Accept it Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the truth and add that there will be about a 0% chance that we draft a quarterback in the 1st round.

However, there is one thing that Woody likes to do and that is offer the fan mob some bloody flesh when they're pissed.

LaFleur last year, Tannebaum, Schotty, etc etc...so who is it going to be this year and what possible addition to the offensive coaching staff can do without firing Hackett (which obviously won't be happening).

Is the OL coach getting the axe? Are we adding a Senior Offensive Assistant? I feel like Woody will push for something like that.