***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

On 1/1/2024 at 11:37 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Saleh is doing a good job with what JD put on the field for him. I still can't figure out how this team has won 7 games last season and 6-7 games this season. Coaching can be overrated at times. A good roster makes being a coach easier. 

Coming out flat as a pancake vs JAX and Seattle last season, with playoffs on the line, is not acceptable coaching

Nor is losing to a miserable, pathetic NE team for the 100th time in a row in week 2 when there was still a season to speak of

They will probably win today just because meaningless, counterproductive wins are what the Jets specialize in

Ending “the streak” by beating Bailey Zappe is kind of different than doing it legit vs Brady but whatever, let Beningo go pop champagne if they pick off Zappe a few times and eke out an ugly “win” vs a tanking NE team that’s a shell of what it once was…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Coming out flat as a pancake vs JAX and Seattle last season, with playoffs on the line, is not acceptable coaching

Nor is losing to a miserable, pathetic NE team for the 100th time in a row in week 2 when there was still a season to speak of

They will probably win today just because meaningless, counterproductive wins are what the Jets specialize in

Ending “the streak” by beating Bailey Zappe is kind of different than doing it legit vs Brady but whatever, let Beningo go pop champagne if they pick off Zappe a few times and eke out an ugly “win” vs a tanking NE team that’s a shell of what it once was…

The more I think about it, the more I think that Saleh is doing a good job with what JD put on the field for him.

I didn't say Saleh was without fault or a great head coach. I did say that Saleh was given a dogsh*t offensive roster and it's easier to be a good coach when you have a good team. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Saleh is doing a good job with what JD put on the field for him.

I didn't say Saleh was without fault or a great head coach. I did say that Saleh was given a dogsh*t offensive roster and it's easier to be a good coach when you have a good team. 

Saleh wasn't given complete dogsh!t on offense, he has chosen complete dogsh!t for offensive coaching staffs. When you don't have the best talent, you must get creative, and neither MLF, or Hackett had or has done that.

That's on Saleh and JD. Saleh will never be a good HC if he doesn't change the way he coaches this team soft. Time to stop being their friends, and being the HC. Stop playing guys who can't play and learn what you have in some of the other guys. It took him too long to get the likes of some of our younger guys like Brownlee playing when it was clear, Lizard wasn't the answer.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Saleh wasn't given complete dogsh!t on offense, he has chosen complete dogsh!t for offensive coaching staffs. When you don't have the best talent, you must get creative, and neither MLF, or Hackett had or has done that.

That's on Saleh and JD. Saleh will never be a good HC if he doesn't change the way he coaches this team soft. Time to stop being their friends, and being the HC. Stop playing guys who can't play and learn what you have in some of the other guys. It took him too long to get the likes of some of our younger guys like Brownlee playing when it was clear, Lizard wasn't the answer.

Tomlin would have won 8-10 games with this team, I have zero doubt.

FWIW... I just wrote this on Woody's twitter feed.

Jesus Woody, you are the most inept child like owner in all of sports. I honestly can't think of a more poorly equipped owner than you. You have ruined football for millions of Jets fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Saleh starting to look better and better to you?...

Soon you'll be thinking that Woody isn't such a bad owner after all...

Jets-induced Stockholm Syndrome...

He's beyond help. This team from ALL coaching, management, scouting, GM and of course ownership is undefendable. Worst team in sports.

I can't believe anyone can defend any aspect of the team.

Feel sorry for GW, Sauce , QW's and a few others. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Zach Wilson. Offensive line. Dogsh*t.

On 1/7/2024 at 3:56 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

One more shot for Joe next year . Then ,

tenor.gif

The amount irresponsible spending and recklessness that will be done in order to save his job next year will only be rivaled by [REDACTED BY The Crusher BECAUSE POLITICAL DISCUSSION ISN'T ALLOWED HERE] thru next November!

😛

• 2 months later...

Douglas should never get another GM job. He intentionally neglected the QB position last year. He intentionally let a player who will contribute in this supposedly win-now season walk. Mediocre GM with a lucky draft.

Get ready for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

LMAO

Since January all the talk has been about the urgency to find a quality, reliable backup QB…

And JD’s big move is to sign injury-addled 34 y.o. Tyrod Taylor, who was permanently supplanted in-season by UDFA living-in-his-moms-basement Tommy freaking DeVito

You can’t make this up

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

At this point, Becton has to come back. Bring him back on a 2-year deal and plug him in at RT. Move AVT to RG. 

LOL

The fat bitch just led the league in sacks allowed and penalties and people are acting like we can’t possibly upgrade from that. I’d rather just start Warren at RT.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

The fat bitch just led the league in sacks allowed and penalties and people are acting like we can’t possibly upgrade from that. I’d rather just start Warren at RT.

You think I want his fat ass playing? Your GM didn’t do sh*t in day 1 of free agency. We have a 1-2 year window, if that, with an aging QB returning from major surgery. I don’t get this sh*t. It’s a nightmare. 

Just now, Ghost said:

You think I want his fat ass playing? Your GM didn’t do sh*t in day 1 of free agency. We have a 1-2 year window, if that, with an aging QB returning from major surgery. I don’t get this sh*t. It’s a nightmare. 

So why Becton?

He plays the majority of the games for the first time since his rookie year, and he ends up being arguably the worst starting OT in the NFL…

People are crying about John Simpson but want to bring back this f*cking loser who’s been filled with nothing but excuses and excess fat for the last 3 years?

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

So why Becton?

He plays the majority of the games for the first time since his rookie year, and he ends up being arguably the worst starting OT in the NFL…

People are crying about John Simpson but want to bring back this f*cking loser who’s been filled with nothing but excuses and excess fat for the last 3 years?

I have very little faith in JD. We need to bring in someone. Tyron Smith, Trent Brown, someone.