***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson isnt making 100 million dollars.  Zach Wilson can be cut now.

Except the QB is the most important position on a team. Drafting a major bust at #2 overall is catastrophic and much bigger than extending an all pro player from the previous season. At least there's time for Q to turn it around - Zach's time is over.  

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Both are bad GMs. I don't want either.

The fact JD has a worse record speaks volumes.

I don't agree. Mac handed JD a high school talent level roster. JD had to tear that all down and sacrifice a couple of seasons. I'm not saying JD is great, but the talent level on the D is very good - Mac couldn't get talent on either side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I don't agree. Mac handed JD a high school talent level roster. JD had to tear that all down and sacrifice a couple of seasons. I'm not saying JD is great, but the talent level on the D is very good - Mac couldn't get talent on either side of the ball.

The tear down excuse doesn't work anymore when we are in his 5th year and have seen teams turn it around during this same time frame, in less time.

JD still hasn't won more games than he did in his first season with what was largely maccs high school roster.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Good Gms don't miss the playoffs 4, now potentially 5 years in a row with 0 winning seasons.

It's hard to argue with you there.  But he certainly built a heck of a defense (including with FAs).  And we do have 2 special players on offense too (both his draft picks).  

If you are going to attempt to build (or adapt, in this case) your offense around Zach Wilson, the plan at least has to make sense.

The Jets need a bunch of uber-athletic big physical basketball player type WRs like (a young) Kelvin Benjamin or Quentin Johnston with the wingspan of a condor where they have a better chance of adjusting to errant hospital balls.

They basically need Drake London and bunch of dudes who excel at 50/50 balls like Mike Evans.

22 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The tear down excuse doesn't work anymore when we are in his 5th year and have seen teams turn it around during this same time frame, in less time.

JD still hasn't won more games than he did in his first season with what was largely maccs high school roster.

The Tear down is very relevant when comparing records between the two which is all I'm saying. Like it or not, JD is the best GM this team has had since Tanny. I'm not saying he's great,  but I'd take him over Mr Coffee any day of the week

JD is better than any of the GMs I’ve seen run this clown franchise over the past 50 years. But that’s because all of the other GMs were pea brains. JD still deserves to be fired because, despite a stellar 2022 draft, his moves have been riddled with mistakes that smack of arrogance, overconfidence and an overinflated ego. JD will never understand that you have to spread out your bets and have solid backup plans because things WILL go wrong. 

• Post of the Week 3

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

JD is better than any of the GMs I’ve seen run this clown franchise over the past 50 years. But that’s because all of the other GMs were pea brains. JD still deserves to be fired because, despite a stellar 2022 draft, his moves have been riddled with mistakes that smack of arrogance, overconfidence and an overinflated ego. JD will never understand that you have to spread out your bets and have solid backup plans because things WILL go wrong. 

This first part is the crap I've been telling myself these last few years. I'm glad you don't make the same mistake I do, which is assuming something the Jets have is good because the previous stuff sucked even more. It's the reason why @BornJetsFan1983 was right about Berrios and now, probably the reason why JD isn't the future. Yes, he got the Jets up to the next level, but now it's clear he's reached his ceiling. The Jets probably need a replacement.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:32 AM, BroadwayRay said:

There is no evidence to suggest or back up that Joe Douglas is the best GM of the last 50 years.

People for some reason keep repeating this lie since like the day he got hired when for an unknown reason 99% of the fanbase fell in love with him and declared him amazing.

This is a results business. This teams results point to him being one of our worst GMs.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s safe as long as Rodgers supports him and wants to play next year. 

I can’t imagine any owner moving heaven and earth for a player and then accepting paying him 100 million for 4 plays. 

If there’s one good basis for making decisions, it’s doubling down on a mistake that you made.

I think a good owner wouldn’t be held hostage by a player when making a long term organizational decision, but do have to concede that this owner could certainly make that choice.

• Upvote 1