***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

On 12/7/2023 at 8:30 AM, Augustiniak said:

I think right now woody will be influenced by what rodgers says.  What does rodgers want?  If you’re rodgers, what would you suggest you need the next 2 years?  Better OL and competent backup qbs.  My guess is the coaches remain, maybe a change in OL coach.  I think the qbs change the most. 

Move the training facility to a beach club.

10 hours ago, heymangold said:

everyone needs to move on from the JSN thing.  he's not even the best receiver from the rookie class.

if JSN was on this team he'd have 9 catches for 73 yards and 0 TDs.  doesn't matter.

move on already.

It does matter. Maybe not JSN specifically, but it was painfully obvious we need OL or WR with that pick.

We don't even have a slot WR on this team.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A big problem nobody is talking about is AVT could actually be done.

A 300-lb OL trying to recover from a ripped Achilles is no cause for optimism.

So the Jets need an entirely new OL across the board, except maybe at C if you buy that Tippman doesn’t suck.

AVT will be fine and be ready to go in 2024.  Jet negativity is at an all time high.

Its ok Jet fans!!!  You will all be talking Super Bowl this coming August.

So out of morbid curiosity, I did a search to see what my real weigh-in on JD was back when first hired.  While I will freely admit this pretty clearly puts on display my inherent cynicism with this team, I also couldn't help but laugh to see that this wasn't too far off from where we're at today.  About the biggest difference is many have seem to forgotten Chris and Woody Johnson are two different people, at least physically even if not mentally, when it comes to the blame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even trying to act like I foresaw this in JD specifically, but you know it's just...... Jets.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:54 AM, Bleedin Green said:

While I agree the Jets seem to now seem to be in a better situation than they were, if this move doesn't work out (and there's far from any guarantees it will), we'll all be crucifying CJ in a few years from now, for letting his prior failure of a GM hire a recently fired failure of a HC, and then letting that guy hire a buddy of his as the new GM, who's resume was simply working for a bunch of GMs who were very successful both with and without him.

This current perspective of Maccagnan didn't exist back when we was first hired.  The final storyline for Douglas will all be completely dependent on his overall success or failure with the team.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It does matter. Maybe not JSN specifically, but it was painfully obvious we need OL or WR with that pick.

We don't even have a slot WR on this team.

it doesn't.  i agree the pick shouldn't have been an edge.  but it's over now.  no point in dwelling on the 3rd best WR taken in the draft last year.  it's obvious that JSN wouldn't be putting up the mediocre stats he is now in this jets offense.  

every team, every pick can play the "what if" game.  it doesn't matter.  if the jets drafted mahomes, you can't guarantee he'd be mahomes.  take the L on the pick and move on.

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

AVT will be fine and be ready to go in 2024.  Jet negativity is at an all time high.

Its ok Jet fans!!!  You will all be talking Super Bowl this coming August.

Couldn’t stay on field when he had a clean bill of health B2B years.

Now recovering from Achilles rip, we should expect him to play 17 games at a high level?

LMAO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, chirorob said:

He's run the team for 4 years.

Busted left tackle.   Busted the QB.  Traded 2 third rounders move up to draft a guard. 

Gave big bucks to Laken Tomlinson and Duane Brown.   Gave big bucks to Alan Lazard.  Gave 8 million to Cook.

Look at the cap in the next few years, tens of millions spent on players who won't be on the roster.   No 2nd rounder in the draft coming up.

All this, and the worst offense I can remember.  He's had years, and has built the worst offense I can remember, rivaling the Kotite Jets.

You bring the "Receipts", couple the receipts with the 32nd Ranked OL after 4 years, I'm SOLD.

I actually was glad that Douglas was hired due to his extended time within 2 of the Very Best FO's in the NFL....Baltimore and Philadelphia.  Some greatness Had To rub off on him?  Right?  Wrong.  Then to have these Horrific results you just have to chalk it up to this team being Cursed.  Doesn't matter who they hire as GM or HC, how good they were in where they came from, when they get to the Jets it's virtually Always a Disaster.  I don't even care about Winning anymore.  Can I at least watch 1 single Offense that is in the Top 10 in the league?  There has Only been 1 Jet Offense who can say that in the LAST 38 YEARS.  Can I just watch a Jet team that is competitive EVERY game?  Can I every watch a Coaching Staff that is not Obviously Outcoached almost EVERY week?

Gas Up the Plane dragging the "Fire (latest Coach, GM name)" and send it skyward tomorrow.

I don't want this guy touching Another Draft.  Most of all EVER drafting another QB.

• Upvote 2

It isnt complicated as to why the Jets Offense sucks pig balls. 
Two of the most critical parts of any teams offense are OT and QB. JD sh*t the bed on two number 1 picks. But that's not the worst part. What makes it so egregiously destructive is he has stuck with them for several seasons, even though both were sending signals and throwing up red flags that they were not reliable. So he never did try to find replacements, he just kept assuming that "next year, they'll be good". He's a fool.
And Woody's ok with that. JD gets to destroy this team even more. 
Problem is .. with this sh*t a Line we wasted valuable evaluation time in Wilson ... His next team will be interesting to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Problem is .. with this sh*t a Line we wasted valuable evaluation time in Wilson ... His next team will be interesting to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Zach played badly even when he had time.  As bad as when the o line was bad? Obviously not. Zach doesn’t have it. He may turn into a serviceable backup one day but he’s never gona be anyone’s franchise starting qb 

• Upvote 2