***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is the truth and add that there will be about a 0% chance that we draft a quarterback in the 1st round.

However, there is one thing that Woody likes to do and that is offer the fan mob some bloody flesh when they're pissed.

LaFleur last year, Tannebaum, Schotty, etc etc...so who is it going to be this year and what possible addition to the offensive coaching staff can do without firing Hackett (which obviously won't be happening).

Is the OL coach getting the axe? Are we adding a Senior Offensive Assistant? I feel like Woody will push for something like that.

I think right now woody will be influenced by what rodgers says.  What does rodgers want?  If you’re rodgers, what would you suggest you need the next 2 years?  Better OL and competent backup qbs.  My guess is the coaches remain, maybe a change in OL coach.  I think the qbs change the most. 

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think right now woody will be influenced by what rodgers says.  What does rodgers want?  If you’re rodgers, what would you suggest you need the next 2 years?  Better OL and competent backup qbs.  My guess is the coaches remain, maybe a change in OL coach.  I think the qbs change the most. 

• The QB room does need to change drastically. Sign a vet, Minshew, Brisett, Winston, even Darnold, and draft a mid round guy (Michael Pratt or Travis Jordan)
  • I think we could all play couch OL coach but really have no real idea why the OL is as bad as it is. Talent upgrades needed? Sure, but no OL should be THIS bad. Figure this out somehow, new coach, consultant, philosophy change, training regime change, whatever. Figure it out until its at least functional
  • Get another WR in there - draft, free agency, whatever. I would expect we go the free agency route for WR and draft for OL
  • Get another RB in there. Cook is done and Izzy we can't depend on because we haven't seen him play at all. Get another RB in there who can play

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:
  • The QB room does need to change drastically. Sign a vet, Minshew, Brisett, Winston, even Darnold, and draft a mid round guy (Michael Pratt or Travis Jordan)
  • I think we could all play couch OL coach but really have no real idea why the OL is as bad as it is. Talent upgrades needed? Sure, but no OL should be THIS bad. Figure this out somehow, new coach, consultant, philosophy change, training regime change, whatever. Figure it out until its at least functional
  • Get another WR in there - draft, free agency, whatever. I would expect we go the free agency route for WR and draft for OL
  • Get another RB in there. Cook is done and Izzy we can't depend on because we haven't seen him play at all. Get another RB in there who can play

I think the OL’s issues are fairly diagnosable, ravaged by injuries.  Currently they’re starting 2 rookies.  Assuming they use another high draft pick on a tackle, that should really fix the OL.  Besides qb there’s nothing more that requires offseason attention.

i agree we pursue wr help in FA and draft OT.  This assumes the jets don’t sneak into the top 3 of the draft and suddenly have a qb fall to them. 

I like the pratt/travels idea.  The jets need to start developing a qb farm system where they have competent backups from their own team.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 8:30 AM, Augustiniak said:

No Offense but, may Woody ***. Rogers was the worst decision made and any more time with Saleh and JD, is just more wasted seasons. I am running out of seasons

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

When a "Fire The GM" thread reaches 100 pages, I think it may be a sign that there is a problem with the GM in question...

Where there is smoke there is fire….

If the jets had been winning this thread fade away…..but the Jets just don’t win 

22 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

The way the OL has been handled is criminal 

IDGAF about the injuries…..

Two players stood out the most today. Becton(His 1st draft pick) and Tomlinson(A major FA signing) 

I would expect poor blocking from the 5th string guard…..not our starting left side of the line….

JDs misses need to cost him his job

FIRE JOE DOUGLAS!

Even with injuries this line has had becton and Tomlinson most of the year, that's 2/5 of the line and on top of it Tippman  was drafted to be the C of the future and many wanted him starting this year. So that's 3/5 of the line looking pretty much as it would.

The guys he drafted like max mitchell look putrid.

Like the guy people point to as being the one sure thing is AVT and he has barely seen the field in 2 years.

• Upvote 1

I think the part about Joe Douglas that pisses me off the most was his demand of a 6-year contract…like he was some proven commodity and acting “your roster is so bad that it will take me more than half a decade to fix this.”

Well…our QB is worse than Darnold and Our OL is worse than it was under Gase (with less offensive talent).

Just get the f*ck out of here and take your personal trainer fraud head coach with you.

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

It's beyond tragic-comedy at this point. These are just a few of the offensive linemen that could realistically be on the Jets, right now:

(2020 draft) T Tristan Wirfs, Guard Damien Lewis, R Lucas Niang, Guard Kevin Dotson, T Colton McKivitz, T Hakeem Adeniji, G Michael Onwenu. Undrafted that year: Terence Steele, who's a starting Tackle for the Cowboys, Nick Leverett, 2nd string G for the Bucs, and Aaron Brewer, who is the starting Center for the Titans. 

(2021 draft) T Pennei Sewell, T Christian Darrisaw, G Teven Jenkins, T Walker Little, C Josh Meyers

(2022 draft) G Cordell Volson, T Zach Tom, T Thayer Munford Jr.

With the exception of Wirfs and Sewell, almost all of these guys were taken in rounds 3-7 and almost all are starters for the team that drafted them and the ones who aren't starters, would be starters on the Jets. 

That's 19 players in three years, JD had 26 picks (26 opportunities) and didn't get one. 

Douglas traded the Jets' second first round pick in the 2021 draft, plus their two-third round draft picks to the Vikings for the 14th pick to take Vera-Tucker. He's been good but he's played 28 of a possible 51 games since entering the league (12 games since the start of the 2022 season), and no games since week 5 of this season.

The Vikings took Christian Darrisaw with the pick they acquired from the Jets in the first round and Wyatt Davis in the third round (with the second third round draft selection the Jets gave them). The Vikings ended up waiving Davis before the 2022 season and he has bounced around the league and is currently on IR for the Giants. Darrisaw has played 38 games for the Vikings so far.

There were plenty of decent offensive linemen in the 2021 draft that Douglas could have taken without having to trade up with the Vikings for Vera-Tucker. 

• Upvote 1