***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas is an idiot.

Look at the Fins’ WRs and look at the Jets’.

There is zero speed at the WR position.

Good NFL offenses tend to have a lid lifter.  The Jets have none.

GW:  can run well but he’s not a burner.  He wins more with route running and change of direction ability.

Cobb:  LOL

Lizard man:  LOL

Gipson:  Pretty fast but more of a shifty slot guy 

I agree with all that but GW.

He ran a 4.38.  That's pretty fast.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Congrats to Joe Douglas on the huge accomplishment.

50th loss of this regime.

24-50

For reference Big Macc final record as GM of the Jets

24-40

Would you rather have Mac back? I wouldn't. Say what you want about JD but this team is more talented that anything Mac put together.  

As I've said before Douglas does about half the things you do as a GM at a very high great level.   About another quarter and not so great and has been totally atrocious to the point of it deep sixing the team at the last quarter.  He has big blind spots that take him years to actually see what is happening with he team.

He took a costly and massive gamble with Aaron Rodgers, he gambled every thing on that and had zero legit back up plan.

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D worst move of all is signing Quinnen Willimas to a 100 million dollar contract and through 8 games, he has 0 sacks and 0 game changing plays.  

That's laughable. JD's worst move was drafting Zach Wilson, easily. QW isn't even close to his worst move.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas is an idiot.

GW:  can run well but he’s not a burner.  He wins more with route running and change of direction ability.

Mecole, but we traded him (though, tbf, it's not like he was that much of a WR to begin with).

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas is an idiot.

JSN just had his best game as a pro and lead the Seahawks in all receiving categories last week.

That will be his biggest mistake passing on JSN.  Along with the awful Quinnen contract.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

JSN just had his best game as a pro and lead the Seahawks in all receiving categories last week.

That will be his biggest mistake passing on JSN.  Along with the awful Quinnen contract.

6 receptions for 63 yds and no TDs in a 37-3 loss?

image.png.a742ca710ccf788097529e8959272f81.png

• Haha 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Anyone who says JD is a "good" GM is delusional at this point. Is he a "bad" GM? I would argue no.

HE IS AN AVERAGE GM.......lets face facts. 

I think he's a good GM but, even if you think he's average, that's still FAR BETTER than our previous GMs.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he's a good GM but, even if you think he's average, that's still FAR BETTER than our previous GMs.

Gotta disagree here. Douglas has not shown to be a better GM than Tannenbaum. It’s actually not even close. Better record, better draft picks, better free agent signings, better coach hires. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Gotta disagree here. Douglas has not shown to be a better GM than Tannenbaum. It’s actually not even close. Better record, better draft picks, better free agent signings, better coach hires. 

I was talking about our more recent GMs but I still think JD is better than Tanny (who couldn't wait to trade away draft picks, which led to the team falling apart).

These are Tanny's drafts:

image.thumb.png.06b71a6af0434af546f1b19a54cc65bf.png

40 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm firmly in the camp that we could do much worse than Douglas.  

He's probably in the top half of GMs in the NFL.  Just my opinion.

JD is the guy in charge of "shopping for the groceries" as Parcells used to say.  The question is whether those groceries are being used and cooked correctly by the coaches, and if some of those groceries were dropped on the floor (AVT, McGovern, Aaron Rodgers, etc.) on the way to the refrigerator.

I'd have to imagine this team would look better on offense with AR, with AVT and McGovern playing, etc.  If that's true then this would be a better than 4-4 team right now.  Not sure who or how we ascribe injury blame but it's a factor in a GM evaluation.

The other really big problem IMO is that Hackett was clearly a hire to bring in AR and Lazard, Cobb were signed to appease AR and give him a level of comfort and familiarity.  With no AR those are all looking like bad moves.  Cobb's biggest plays of the year were one 2-point conversion reception and an illegal block in the preseason that injured a Giant.  Lazard can't catch.  Nate Hackett is coaching like his father Paul and like the guy Denver fired.

At the end of last season the Jets were a middling team with a very good D, a couple promising pieces on O, and a QB holding the team back from doing better.  The missing piece was a capable QB and JD saw that and fixed that....  It lasted 4 plays.  So now the Jets look just like they did at the end of last year. 

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

When you break it down, there has been more bad than good with Joe Douglas.  Ideally, the Jets replace him.  Realistically, I don't see the Jets attracting anyone better.  More than likely, they would hire a complete buffoon like Mac again.

So you believe the Jets are more than likely to hire a much worse GM than Douglas but _also_ think it would be ideal for them to replace him.

Meme Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So you believe the Jets are more than likely to hire a much worse GM than Douglas but _also_ think it would be ideal for them to replace him.

Meme Reaction GIF

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. In an ideal world, you replace Joe Douglas because he simply hasn't performed well enough. In the real world, I have some reservations about replacing him because I do not trust that the Jets can hire someone better.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was talking about our more recent GMs but I still think JD is better than Tanny (who couldn't wait to trade away draft picks, which led to the team falling apart).

These are Tanny's drafts:

image.thumb.png.06b71a6af0434af546f1b19a54cc65bf.png

The Jets were a good team in 2009 and 2010, because of the Drafts in 2006 and 2007.  Mangold, D'Brick, David Harris and Revis were 4 critical pieces, 2 on O and 2 on D, to a ground n' pound team with an excellent defense.  I've been very hopeful that the Jets similarly landed foundational pieces on O and D again in 2022, with GW and Breece on O and Sauce and JJ on D.  Other than QB, my opinion is that the biggest problem on O is that Becton and AVT have not been the consistent and reliable guys that Mangold and Brick were.  For 4 years JD has been trying to build an OLine and it simply hasn't worked.  It's ALWAYS ranked in the bottom third of the league.  Nothing works, neither rushing nor passing, if the OLine isn't working.

• Upvote 1

If JD is fired, be prepared for the new GM to get rid of popular players and start all over again. They almost always do this.

That said, I've lost confidence in Joe Douglas. He had arguably the best draft in Jets history, however, he will be remembered for his failures at QB and OL as well as signing Aarod's scrubby friends who are a net negative. His stubbornness will get him fired.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk