***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

I’ve been squarely in the “Don’t Fire Douglas or Saleh” camp, to which I am changing my tune.

This is just bad. You still need to be competitive if you lose your starting QB. 

The part that bothers me the most about Douglas is he turned down the job first, demanding more years, money, and control. If you’re doing that as a first time GM you better produce and he simply hasn’t at all.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve been squarely in the “Don’t Fire Douglas or Saleh” camp, to which I am changing my tune.

This is just bad. You still need to be competitive if you lose your starting QB. 

The part that bothers me the most about Douglas is he turned down the job first, demanding more years, money, and control. If you’re doing that as a first time GM you better produce and he simply hasn’t at all.

Second year in a row the team gets less competitive as the year goes on. Teams gradually starts caring less and less, zero intensity, dumb penalties. Why do this again? I think Saleh’s whole program lacks focus and intensity, but it gets noticeably worse as the season goes on. 

• Upvote 3

I am now convinced that Joe Douglas despises Jet fans.

It's cruel and unusual punishment to subject a fanbase to the torture of having to watch the likes of ZW and TB7 attempt to simulate the appearance of an NFL quarterback.

A rickshaw driver who had no prior conception of the game of American football would be able to diagnose immediately that Zach Wilson stinks at his job.

Joe Douglas is essentially begging to be fired by sticking with ZW for 3 years running.

• Upvote 1

I've officially crossed over......

It's time for Joe Douglas to get fired.......

even more aggravating then the botched mess JD has created, are the Stans that want to pretend one draft is enough to get a lifetime contract as they continue to pretend all of the nonsense this regime created through their own incompetence never happened......

Now his 2nd overall pick doesn't even want to suit up anymore 🤣 JD mentally broke him by lying saying he was gonna get a reset, yet left him one injury away from playing.......

JD has to go......fire him, fire Saleh, tell Rodgers to fall in line or retire....

This franchise has to regain some semblance of dignity! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Clean house.  You can't run it back with these guys after a disaster year on top of that being the laughing stock once again.  Who cares what Aaron Rodgers thinks or wants.  He's 40 years old and is setting this franchise back at this point instead of elevating it.  

I'm still sticking with the devil I know. Been a fan of this team for 30 years, and I can tell you right now that whoever we bring in as a replacement will be another Idzik or Maccagnan and we'll be a talentless, rudderless ship for another decade. JD at least understands the cap, how the modern game is played (actually drafting edge rushers and premier playmakers), positional value, and team need, which sadly our past GMs have not.

JD had our best draft class of all time and one of the best of all time for the entire league. He missed on a QB during peak COVID, as did the 49ers, Bears, and Patriots. His team plays on the worst surface in the league that chews up players and spits them out. Becton and AVT are probably 10-year All Pros if any other org drafts them. 

We'll never know when and where Woody pulled the strings and where the blame falls for going on all in with Rodgers' cronies and who demanded that we with stick with Zach after Rodgers went down. Obviously, the biggest crime in all of this is that we should have had a legitimate backup QB and Zach should have been QB3. Smart orgs pivot quickly, as SF did with Lance (granted they got lucky with Purdy, but still, they had Darnold on the roster). Terrible orgs like the Jets, Bears, and Patriots sit and wait on their sunk cost, fooling themselves into thinking things might turn around. 

2023 told me what I already knew: Zach Wilson is a terrible QB, Aaron Rodgers is a terrible GM, and Woody Johnson is a terrible owner. I cannot say that JD is a terrible GM.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Mike Maccagnan GM record 24-40 .375

John Idzik GM record 12-20 .375

Joe Douglas GM record 24-54 .307

If you can't say that JD is a terrible GM then I will say it for you.  HE STINKS!

It isn't that simple for GMs, especially when comparing someone like JD, who opted for a true rebuild, vs someone like Maccagnan who chased quick fix, and low-ceiling bandaids to save his job and fluff up his record.

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Coffee Is Great said:

It isn't that simple for GMs, especially when comparing someone like JD, who opted for a true rebuild, vs someone like Maccagnan who chased quick fix, and low-ceiling bandaids to save his job and fluff up his record.

He opted for a true rebuild and failed spectacularly.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I'm still sticking with the devil I know. Been a fan of this team for 30 years, and I can tell you right now that whoever we bring in as a replacement will be another Idzik or Maccagnan and we'll be a talentless, rudderless ship for another decade. JD at least understands the cap, how the modern game is played (actually drafting edge rushers and premier playmakers), positional value, and team need, which sadly our past GMs have not.

JD had our best draft class of all time and one of the best of all time for the entire league. He missed on a QB during peak COVID, as did the 49ers, Bears, and Patriots. His team plays on the worst surface in the league that chews up players and spits them out. Becton and AVT are probably 10-year All Pros if any other org drafts them. 

We'll never know when and where Woody pulled the strings and where the blame falls for going on all in with Rodgers' cronies and who demanded that we with stick with Zach after Rodgers went down. Obviously, the biggest crime in all of this is that we should have had a legitimate backup QB and Zach should have been QB3. Smart orgs pivot quickly, as SF did with Lance (granted they got lucky with Purdy, but still, they had Darnold on the roster). Terrible orgs like the Jets, Bears, and Patriots sit and wait on their sunk cost, fooling themselves into thinking things might turn around. 

2023 told me what I already knew: Zach Wilson is a terrible QB, Aaron Rodgers is a terrible GM, and Woody Johnson is a terrible owner. I cannot say that JD is a terrible GM.

Brrrrrrrooooooooooooooo...

Is anything JDs fault then? Anything at all? 

Leaving ownership out, I think most of you live in a fantasy land that Woody has magical input. He does not. Other than the same any owner would have if drafting a supposed face of your franchise in the top 3. 

sh*t starts at the top my man. 

JD was ball washing Zach prior to drafting g him, so was Saleh. JD cant draft an O Lineman to save his life. JD doesnt know how to pivot with roster moves in season. JD drafts an edge rusher in 2023 1st round with like a bazillion offensive options on the board. Barring Arod JD stocks the roster with anyone that doesnt threaten Zach Wilson at QB. JD most certainly does NOT understand how the modern game is played, not sure how you justify saying that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

Leaving ownership out, I think most of you live in a fantasy land that Woody has magical input. He does not. Other than the same any owner would have if drafting a supposed face of your franchise in the top 3. 

JD was ball washing Zach prior to drafting g him, so was Saleh. JD cant draft an O Lineman to save his life. JD doesnt know how to pivot with roster moves in season. JD drafts an edge rusher in 2023 1st round with like a bazillion offensive options on the board. Barring Arod JD stocks the roster with anyone that doesnt threaten Zach Wilson at QB. JD most certainly does NOT understand how the modern game is played, not sure how you justify saying that. 

Streveler knew JD was rotten.

• Haha 1

JD is the manager, ok? 

This sh*t show you are witnessing. JD orchestrated it. His fingerprints are all over it. 

What part don't you understand???

The Jets have a completely dysfunctional offense. HALF THE TEAM CANNOT ACHIEVE A SINGLE OBJECTIVE. 

Ah, whats the use. I'm done. Enjoy the next five weeks, watching a team not even trying to fix the problem. FULL STEAM AHEAD AND NEXT YEAR, BOY OH BOY, JUST YOU WAIT!

LMFAO

• Upvote 2

Injuries are a given in the NFL. It's a matter of time before you lose a starter or two. 

For unfortunate teams, they may lose their QB1 

look around the league......QB1s are hurt all over the place......but you have backup QBs playing well. 

Look at Browning last night, if you just looked at his statline and erased his name.....you'd think Cincy had a healthy Burrow....

Look at how Dobbs played well without even knowing his teammates names.....

Yet look at us....JD built the worst QB room in the league and it's not even up for debate.....Zach sucks, but the QBs behind him are either on par with how they suck or worse then Zach. Inexcusable! 

FIRE JOE DOUGLAS!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JTJet said:

These stans only bring up the 2022 draft and pretend the 2020 and 2021 drafts didn't happen, they pretend the bad FA signings didn't happen.......or that it was someone other than JD that made those picks/signings

it's pathetic at this point......

• Upvote 1

One of Saleh’s biggest mistakes was the decision to roll with 40y old Duane Brown in week 1 at LT after he missed all of training camp and was only cleared to play maybe a week before 9/11.

If Brown doesn’t whiff on that cut block, Rodgers might still be playing.

I wonder if this decision actually came from Joe Douglas.