Zach Wilson arm strength

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Darnold supporter checking in here....did some of you really question Zach Wilsons arm strength? i am very conflicted by the QB situation, but can we please agree that this guy has a canon?

“Darnold supporter checking in” lmao

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if you don't see it on game film, pro days don't matter.

i find it impossible that the jets need to see pro days to make their decision on the QB.

Pre-days for top 5 QB's are entertainment and nothing more.  

They have been poked and prodded by everyone for a year.  There can't possibly be anything, anyone can learn from watching them throw the ball to old teammates in shorts and t-shirts for a half hour.

I'm really looking forward to watching ZW's next week, but I don't expect me, JD, Saleh or LaFleur to learn anything.  It'll just be fun.

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

That first gif is not a flick of the wrist, that’s his entire body into the throw.

Wilson has perfect mechanics, balance, and flexibility which allows him to put a lot of torque on his body and energy behind his throws. His arm on its own is probably not as strong as Darnolds, who throws with no mechanics and 100% arm. 

I compare Wilson to someone like Justin Thomas in golf. They are long because of their ability to swing consistently at 100% more so than their natural power.

Its good, but I do think he puts a lot of stress on his arm/body and  it might mean more points of failure for injury and maybe less longevity.

i think that people overthink this type of stuff generally. i remember the kid the bears drafted falling in the draft because he was going to have only a few years in the NFL because his knees were gone. i think he is still playing and playing well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FloyLe00.htm

27 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Meanwhile darnold struggles to throw a simple out route 

are you sound like one of those idiots on twitter that can basically narrow any tweet on any subject down to politics...let it go...this is not about Darnold.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I hope we are Lucky enough not to have Jax wake up and realize Wilson is 'the one'...

... but hey TL is not a terrible consolation prize.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree with this...

I think ZW will be the better pro - but I can't imagine Jax passing on him - just not gonna happen...

But if they did - yes.  I certainly won't be crying about drafting TL :-)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if you don't see it on game film, pro days don't matter.

i find it impossible that the jets need to see pro days to make their decision on the QB.

Wilsons film vs Power 5 schools is garbage 

Pro day is important because it is the NFL football not the ncaa one which is smaller fatter and easier to throw and catch 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Wilsons film vs Power 5 schools is garbage 
Pro day is important because it is the NFL football not the ncaa one which is smaller fatter and easier to throw and catch 
Was this cut and pasted from your previous 20 posts about Wilson ? Or have you created a macro hot key at this point ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was this cut and pasted from your previous 20 posts about Wilson ? Or have you created a macro hot key at this point ?

BitBot trademark 2021

You dont have to agree with me but when Zach wilson is on the injured reserve like Chad forever, I want you to remember who called it 

Bring up the suck for Sam thread I knew that dude was trash too 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, QB1 said:

That first gif is not a flick of the wrist, that’s his entire body into the throw.

Wilson has perfect mechanics, balance, and flexibility which allows him to put a lot of torque on his body and energy behind his throws. His arm on its own is probably not as strong as Darnolds, who throws with no mechanics and 100% arm. 

I compare Wilson to someone like Justin Thomas in golf. They are long because of their ability to swing consistently at 100% more so than their natural power.

Its good, but I do think he puts a lot of stress on his arm/body and  it might mean more points of failure for injury and maybe less longevity.

Well which is it? 

12 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Can't wait for the back and forth battles on Zach Wilson leading up to do the pro day. All that wasted energy and we wind up keep Darnold. lol

Can't wait for? They've been going on for a while now.

40 minutes ago, QB1 said:

The problem with Darnold is he has poor mechanics, not that he only uses his arm to throw. When Darnold steps up in the pocket and throws with proper mechanics, he is more accurate. The big problem is he doesn't  seem to do that very often as he is mostly running away from a pass rusher due the the stellar OL's he has played behind.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

The most impressive thing in this post is Wilson in shorts, he looks like he's put

weight on his frame.  Which is very important for him

The last 2 times i have seen him in video he looks like he really has been working with trainers and looks the part now if nothing else. 

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

Darnold has above average arm strength, he can make every throw. Of all the issues he has, this isn't one of them.

hahahahaha no....he cant......or at least IF he can he sure hasnt been. Even when the wr is open and Sammy is not running from his life he misses way more than he should at this level. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

The last 2 times i have seen him in video he looks like he really has been working with trainers and looks the part now if nothing else. 

These kids always “bigger” in shorts and t-shirts, especially when they aren’t around their O-Linemen.   

• Upvote 1