Fields is the answer, hes the next Russell Wilson or Mahomes

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I've seen criticism of him being listed as racist. Like with ESPN. I actually just don't like the tape. I was trying to be sensitive and avoid that but I'm an idiot unintentionally and shoot myself in the foot like 6 times a day. Like I said, I'm willing to eat crow if he turns out to be a stud. I have nothing against him beyond us picking at #2

I don't even think it was racism, it was only Dan Orlovsky being a terrible person and showing his true face. 

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Or Tom Brady for that matter

Or Trevor Lawrence, who's literally lighter yet taller than Wilson (what does that say about his "frame")

Or the fact that Fields is a running QB which makes him far more likely to be injured

The size argument went out the window, when he came in at Aaron Rodgers specs - making him middle of the pack size..

So we moved to a nonsense term like "frame" to stick with the same dumb narrative.  Don't like his game, that's fine but stop with the size stupidity.

Fields doesn’t even run as much as he should given his athleticism and speed.  It’s blatantly obvious in his game that he’s conscious of being labeled a “running QB”.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kmnj said:

If Joe's guy busts out Joe is toast-his future is tied to "his " qb-there are no more built in excuses for Joe now-his coach and it will be his QB and his roster.

No he's not

If JDs drafts, FAs suck and the team doesnt improve enough hes toast.  The idea that its all on the QB pick isn't a given

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he's not

If JDs drafts, FAs suck and the team doesnt improve enough hes toast.  The idea that its all on the QB pick isn't a given

If Wilson isn’t at least very good Woody will be handpicking the next GM and Head Coach in 2 years

According to Joe Douglas, through Albert Breer, Jets held off on trading Darnold because there were only 2 QB's in the draft they were willing to move off him for. I don't understand why they value Zach Wilson so much more than Fields but  there is irrefutable proof that they do. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

According to Joe Douglas, through Albert Breer, Jets held off on trading Darnold because there were only 2 QB's in the draft they were willing to move off him for. I don't understand why they value Zach Wilson so much more than Fields 

Because JD like our previous 3 GMs wouldn’t know a good qb if one tripped over him

Fields is just another Ohio State bust waiting to happen.  OSU is a great college program, but their teams are always so stacked vs very weak B1G competition.  Players like this tend to bust because they were misevaluated vs inferior competition.  Just look at all the Alabama and OSU players the Jets have selected that busted in recent drafts.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

If Wilson isn’t at least very good Woody will be handpicking the next GM and Head Coach in 2 years

Eagles moved up, traded a boatload of picks for Wentz and GM is still there

Rams used a ton of picks, moved up for Goff, GM is still in place

AZ used pucks to move up and pick Rosen, GM is still there

The Bears traded a ton of picks, moved up, passed on Watson & Mahomes, drafted Trubiski and is still there

Show that you can do the job and missing on a QB most have rated at least #2 in the draft and he busts and you’re still working.  Most QBs bust, happens.  
Why would you fire Saleh if he shows he can coach but his QB isn’t at least very good?

12 hours ago, Gramsci said:

Weirdly enough he ranks second in Qb rating under pressure.

But you obviously have seen something that others haven't.

This is not true. Of the four top QB prospects (Lance didn't play in 2020) he is dead last in QBR under pressure, dead last in QBR vs the blitz and is the only QB who holds onto the ball longer when blitzed.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31113560/2021-nfl-draft-qb-class-do-stats-match-tape-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-zach-wilson-others

He is an absolute catastrophe of a prospect who is going to fold over like a cheap suitcase against NFL blitz schemes. He cannot process the field before the snap (like our man Sam) and he cannot improvise like Wilson after the snap. He will be destroyed. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Eagles moved up, traded a boatload of picks for Wentz and GM is still there

Rams used a ton of picks, moved up for Goff, GM is still in place

AZ used pucks to move up and pick Rosen, GM is still there

The Bears traded a ton of picks, moved up, passed on Watson & Mahomes, drafted Trubiski and is still there

Show that you can do the job and missing on a QB most have rated at least #2 in the draft and he busts and you’re still working.  Most QBs bust, happens.  
Why would you fire Saleh if he shows he can coach but his QB isn’t at least very good?

Wentz > Wilson and Fields

On 4/8/2021 at 11:32 AM, Savage69 said:

How many OSU QB's have won a Bowl?? BYU has 2 and counting.. You can say that about USC also..

Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State are the elite programs of college football, but none of those three schools is king of producing quarterbacks who find success on the NFL's biggest stage: the Super Bowl. 

BYU QBs from 30 or 40 years ago are irrelevant, that has nothing to do with the success of anyone in this draft.

11 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

Fields is just another Ohio State bust waiting to happen.  OSU is a great college program, but their teams are always so stacked vs very weak B1G competition.  Players like this tend to bust because they were misevaluated vs inferior competition.  Just look at all the Alabama and OSU players the Jets have selected that busted in recent drafts.

Like the Ghost and Dee Milliner??

On 4/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, FidelioJet said:

Literally, this is actually mind boggling to me.

After what we've been through - there's still a good portion of this board advocating taking a CB or Edge with #23.  It's insane.

As far as I'm concerned Day 1 and Day 2 should be entirely offense...

Have at it with defense after that...

Every draft is the same thing. Vocal group of posters that insist we upgrade every element of the defense with our top picks  before even thinking of offense. They would be happy pick Zach and not taking OL until the 6th if we drafted a bunch of QBs and EDGE. I have to believe JD will not make this mistake

Fields isn't even as good as Jones. Head to head in the National Championship game Jones destroyed him. Fields (17/33 194 Yds 1 TD) looked lost and confused while Jones (36/45 464 Yds and 5 TD passes) was in complete control minus the fumble. No-one predicted that this type of disparity in stats would have occurred. And this is why Jones and not Fields will be the 3rd QB off the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Fields isn't even as good as Jones. Head to head in the National Championship game Jones destroyed him. Fields (17/33 194 Yds 1 TD) looked lost and confused while Jones (36/45 464 Yds and 5 TD passes) was in complete control minus the fumble. No-one predicted that this type of disparity in stats would have occurred. And this is why Jones and not Fields will be the 3rd QB off the board.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Every draft is the same thing. Vocal group of posters that insist we upgrade every element of the defense with our top picks  before even thinking of offense. They would be happy pick Zach and not taking OL until the 6th if we drafted a bunch of QBs and EDGE. I have to believe JD will not make this mistake

I missed the part where anyone said any of this ever, let alone a group of posters.