Le'Veon Bell blames Jets for everything as he languishes in free agency

26 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I’m old enough to remember how Gase couldn’t build a decent offense around Tannehill, Gesicki, Devante Parker and Kenyan Drake.

In the rare instances where Tannehill was healthy, the offense was fine. The rest of those players are JAGs.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Two things can be true at the same time and not be in conflict. First, taking a year off alte in the career of a back is going to be detrimental to a back's production. Most backs not named Frank Gore or John Riggins fall of the table production wise in their late 20s and early 30s anyway. And second, Adam Gase is a horrible NFL coach who appeared to not understand how an NFL offense works, spare the occasion he was fetching coffee in Denver and saying "Great idea, Peyton!" on a daily basis. 

I think his age has always been overblown. He sat out his age 26 season, not his age 28 or 29 season. 27 is not old, let alone after a 100% healthy year of no-punishment on his body. He should have still been in his prime.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think his age has always been overblown. He sat out his age 26 season, not his age 28 or 29 season. 27 is not old, let alone after a 100% healthy year of no-punishment on his body. He should have still been in his prime.

When he returned to the NFL with the NY Jets he never looked like he was back in football shape and I think he lost the heart and desire to play football. 

AG didn't help the situation either. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When he returned to the NFL with the NY Jets he never looked like he was back in football shape and I think he lost the heart and desire to play football. 

AG didn't help the situation either. 

I fail to see what that has to do with the endless repetition - going back to the day he was signed - of the notion that Bell was old when he got here. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I fail to see what that has to do with the endless repetition - going back to the day he was signed - of the notion that Bell was old when he got here. 

No denying the fact he was older. 

But many including myself saw a superstar NFL RB well rested who should have ran crazy that season. 

Instead we got failure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, joewilly12 said:

Le’Veon Bell blames Jets for everything as he languishes in free agency

May 28, 2021 | 2:29pm | Updated 

Le’Veon Bell is finished taking the high road on his disastrous time with the Jets.

In a series of Tweets responding to followers on Thursday, the free-agent running back said he will sign with a team this season and suggested the downturn in his career was the fault of former Jets coach Adam Gase’s play-calling.

Bell wrote, “I’ll sign somewhere when IM ready…ain’t no more finessing me with lies and s–t just to get me to sign with they team…no more rushed decisions on my end, period…”

Bell was on a Hall-of-Fame track through five seasons with the Steelers but sat out all of 2018 due to a contract dispute. He signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract with the Jets but was cut before finishing his second season and wound up as a backup for the Chiefs who did not touch the ball in Super Bowl 55.

“lol the only difference with the steelers was they gave me opportunity… haven’t had that since I left,” Bell wrote. “I probably need to play for a defensive minded head coach instead of these offensive minded guru’s …” image.gif.5de64c85a10adf5b0855a504adc4ea24.gif

That seems to be a shot at Gase, whose relationship with Bell was never on solid ground. It is well known that Gase did not want to sign Bell as a free agent. And then his usage of Bell never matched the contract.

As Bell pointed out to one fan, he had more offensive touches with the 2017 Steelers than he did in 17 games over two seasons with the Jets.

“lol so I had elite talent alllllll the way up until 2017 …… and then just [fell] off a cliff huh? Okay,” Bell wrote.

The 29-year-old Bell’s sarcasm ignores that there is plenty of historical NFL evidence to suggest running back production does dramatically fall off a cliff around age 30.  

When one fan suggested he got what he wanted out of the Jets, Bell replied, “money wise, somewhat. other than that, hell no.”

image.thumb.png.e0652dac9c67ab0b11192b64bb726856.pngLe’Veon Bell seemed to be taking shots at his former Jets coach Adam Gase.  

Bell did not criticize the Jets when he was available to the media before the Super Bowl. No longer worried about creating a distraction for his teammates, he spoke his mind on the Jets not putting him in position to succeed with the play-calling.

“I don’t consider a ‘HB dive’ on 3rd & short [or] 4th & short EVERY TIME is an opportunity…we line up & they callin out the play, that’s not opportunity,” Bell wrote. “On top of the play being a dive…I can’t make sh*t shake with that.”

Man that Andy Reid must have really sucked as well. 

Stop pointing fingers and start point the thumb

On 5/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, T0mShane said:

I’m old enough to remember when Jets fans and media were hugely confused as to why Adam Gase couldn’t build an offense around Sam Darnold and Leveon Bell..

I'm old enough to remember when DefenseWinsChampionships told us .  . . nevermind. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

What?

Dude, its simple.  Bell in his full season ran over 250 times

Gore in his full season ran 180 times.  And only because Bell started 4 games because he was injured.  Thats not the hated coach or the hated RBs fault.  

Either way it isnt a case where "Frank Gore saw more opportunities than LB ever had here".

• Sympathy 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, Beerfish said:

Took a year off and got old.

Having said that some of his comments are 100% correct, Gase is the worst offense coach this league has seen in some time.

That statement is incorrect, it’s “ever” not “in some time.”

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bell was like buying a 3 year old car with 120k on the clock. Looked good on the outside, but was totally fooked.

He hardly set the world on fire in K.C, in Andy Reid’s all star offence. He’s shot and he’s egos still alive.

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Interested in how Moseley looks in a real game. Spare John Riggins, again, there are very few players who took a whole season off and came back as effective. Think of it; you go from practicing all the time, hitting and getting hit, as you have been doing since high school, to nothing. It has to be difficult to get back into it. It's as much mental as physical. Remember Johnny Mitchell tried a comeback in 1999 and was done in one day of a Parcells practice. 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:59 AM, T0mShane said:

In the rare instances where Tannehill was healthy, the offense was fine. The rest of those players are JAGs.

Tannehill’s rating went from an average of 92.7 to 117.5 once he escaped Adam’s Gaze.  Damn I wish we had Jags like Devonte Parker (went from 312 yards under Gaze to 1202 without him), Mike Gesicki and Kenyan Drake (955 rush yards, 10 TDs and 25 receptions). 

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:27 PM, Beerfish said:

Having said that some of his comments are 100% correct, Gase is the worst offense coach this league has seen in some time.

Another brilliant signing by Mr. Coffee...

mccagnancoffee.thumb.jpg.8ed472c2fd28dd35433a3a97fadaae8c.jpg.9484a097b30dcf9941ae98e50d97feb7.jpg

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Interested in how Moseley looks in a real game. Spare John Riggins, again, there are very few players who took a whole season off and came back as effective. Think of it; you go from practicing all the time, hitting and getting hit, as you have been doing since high school, to nothing. It has to be difficult to get back into it. It's as much mental as physical. Remember Johnny Mitchell tried a comeback in 1999 and was done in one day of a Parcells practice. 

One, hes a defensive player, not a skill position player

Lots of players have been injured and lost a year or more and have come back.  

Johnny Mitchell was a moron but a moron who made a killing with smart investments in SA real estate who didnt need the money and didnt want to break his ass like Parcells demanded.  

On 5/28/2021 at 12:27 PM, Beerfish said:

Yeah sure got old but I saw just like you did him run hard into a wall over and over..I remember one game against buffalo where everyone thought the plays were over including our team and him wiggle for a few more...real waste of talent..he could have been washed up by the time he was in KC but dude could have had some good game is they gave him a chance.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, Jet Nut said:

Dude, its simple.  Bell in his full season ran over 250 times

Gore in his full season ran 180 times.  And only because Bell started 4 games because he was injured.  Thats not the hated coach or the hated RBs fault.  

Either way it isnt a case where "Frank Gore saw more opportunities than LB ever had here".

What?

• WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What?

Its not that confusing.  Bell had more carries without Gore than Gore had without Bell.  Each had one season without the other.  The 4 games that Bell wasnt hurt early last season Bell had a 2-1 advantage over gore.  Youre taking up JWs argument that Gore had a lot more opportunities that Bell and thats wrong. 

None of this means Bell was used right by Gase.  I have no idea why you want to argue this

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not that confusing.  Bell had more carries without Gore than Gore had without Bell.  Each had one season without the other.  The 4 games that Bell wasnt hurt early last season Bell had a 2-1 advantage over gore.  Youre taking up JWs argument that Gore had a lot more opportunities that Bell and thats wrong. 

None of this means Bell was used right by Gase.  I have no idea why you want to argue this

Adam Gase had a maniac ego. 

He never wanted Bell to begin with, so therefore... he intentionally misused Bell (on purpose). 

He purposely ran Bell HB dive 10x per game in order to sabotage Bell; in order to say "I was right" and/or "I told you so". 

It was criminal and absolutely disgusting the way(s) Adam Gase played Bell. 

One thing I hated about Joe Douglas was how he because submissive to Gase and actually allowed Gase the opportunity to bring in a dinosaur Frank Gore to begin with. That should've never been allowed to happen. 

Gase was in love with force feeding Gore as a way of saying "I told you so". 

The one week Gore left the game early on? Our younger RBs combined for 300 yards rushing (without Gore). 

Only to see Gase forced feed Gore 20+ x the following week. 

Etc. 

Gase sabotaging of Bell out of pride and spite was pure evilness. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, slats said:

Adam Gase was right about not wanting to sign Bell, so at least he has that going for him. The elite talent is toast. 

But, but, the Jets finessed him with lies and sh it. Cry me a river. The Jets have been finessing me with lies and sh it practically my whole life.

• Thumb Down 1

Name of the Game "Quote Yourself for Truth" (some of the greatest posts you've created over the years)

Jealous, much? 

Jealous how you can't quote yourself with a well written out article? 

You care to comment on my Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell articles before arriving as Jets? 

No comment? 

Do you have any good football posts?

Prove it.

Because I don't believe you. 

My posts are quoted from TGG genius and it doesn't matter where I said it (because I said it) lol and I've been here on JN dating back to 2006-2007, genius. 

My Sam Darnold post was 8 months after his freshman bowl game mvp. 

My Robby thread was after his rookie season heading into year two. 

My Jenkins thread was after a 2.5 sack rookie season. 

My Adams and Maye posts were after the draft before their rookie years. 

And My Bell thread was while he were still a Steelers holdout. 

Look @ the DATES of my posts. 

"THE DEFINITION OF GOING OUT ON A LIMB" LOL @ YOU CLOWN ASS TOOL. 

People like you like to hate on greatness. 

You clowns been hating on me, dwc, for YEARS NOW we'll over 10+.

I'm a Jets writer living legend baby - the Fireman Ed of Jet forums - my greatness won't be appreciated until I'm dead and gone. 

Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He never wanted Bell to begin with, so therefore... he intentionally misused Bell (on purpose). 

He purposely ran Bell HB dive 10x per game in order to sabotage Bell; in order to say "I was right" and/or "I told you so". 

One thing I hated about Joe Douglas was how he because submissive to Gase and actually allowed Gase the opportunity to bring in a dinosaur Frank Gore to begin with. That should've never been allowed to happen. 

The one week Gore left the game early on? Our younger RBs combined for 300 yards rushing (without Gore). 

Etc. 

AG had an agenda to get Gore the 16,000 yards no matter what even if games were lost doing so. 

AG is a bum and for me will go down as the worst HC in NY Jets history. 

Great to see Bell calling out AG. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

AG had an agenda to get Gore the 16,000 yards no matter what even if games were lost doing so. 

AG is a bum and for me will go down as the worst HC in NY Jets history. 

Great to see Bell calling out AG. 

Yup. Way worse than Rich Kotite imo. 

I love what Joe Douglas is doing but last year? He had zero right to sign Frank Gore (for Adam Gase) while allowing both Gase and Gore to take away playing time for all 3 of Bell, Perine and Ty Johnson. 

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Etc. 

I did say he was misused, for all the reasons you stated.  
My only comment was as badly as he was used, he got more carries that Gore

22 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought he was misused with the Jets and should have been more productive. Esp as a receiver and the go to guy on 3rd downs. IMO he was just what a young Qb like Sam needed. At the time I liked the signing but it didn’t work out. 

I agree that he should been used a lot more as a receiver in NY.  But meanwhile, Andy Reid, the best offensive genius in the game today, couldn't find much use for him either.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, slats said:

Adam Gase was right about not wanting to sign Bell, so at least he has that going for him. The elite talent is toast. 

Exactly.   The Jets may not have used him optimally, but the truth is he did not produce with either the Jets or KC.   No touches in the Super Bowl?  Wasn’t that Andy Reid’s decision?.

• Upvote 2

One of my best friends is a die hard PIT fan. When we signed Bell he was surprised people people spoke of him in NY as if he was some prolific speed runner. He wasn’t at all, he plodded and danced his way to 4-5 yards and kept moving the chains as a RB. Easy to do with a line like PIT had but not effective at all with the line we had. Where Bell was most dangerous in PIT was as a receiver, and it was pretty criminal how we would not employ him in the same manner.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1