5 Reasons why I love Jamal Adams thread

Alka

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas was never paying him a penny.  There were 3 players joe had his eye on ditching in order to get picks to rebuild this roster; Adams, Darnold and Leo.

There were goners from day 1.

Were this true he’s a dunce for not dumping Darnold last off season when his value was so much higher. JD thanks you for trying to defend him but kindly asks for your silent support going forward.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Jamal one day wants to come back to us like Revis did after we fleeced Tampa and got Sheldon and Revis back. But this time we will laugh in Jamal's face since his time of being a good pass rushing linebacker is numbered. 

We do we need a revenge fantasy to complete this story? Jets blew it by drafting him over Mahomes/Watson. He made some pro bowls here then JD got absolute top dollar back for him. Beginning, middle, and end.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Even the majority of Seahawk fans know they got fleeced.

I work with a guy that's a huge Seahawks fan. He thinks the Jamal Adams trade was an excellent trade where the Jets got fleeced. He also claims Jamal wanted out because the Jets suck. Might be true? But the amount we got for him I'm perfectly find with.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I work with a guy that's a huge Seahawks fan. He thinks the Jamal Adams trade was an excellent trade where the Jets got fleeced. He also claims Jamal wanted out because the Jets suck. Might be true? But the amount we got for him I'm perfectly find with.

I live in Seattle and watch the Hawks games with family. 
That’s the prevailing opinion out here. But they’re nuts. Drank the koolaid. 
They have a QB screaming about a poor OL and they give up 3 hi value picks. They’re in cap hell. They have to pay him or look like idiots. Their best players are all older. 
They’re screwed.  Conceivably they can pull it off but I doubt it 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas was never paying him a penny.  There were 3 players joe had his eye on ditching in order to get picks to rebuild this roster; Adams, Darnold and Leo.

This is such revisionist history...Douglas would have paid Adams eventually if he wasn't such a mental patient and if we won one more game Darnold would be the QB of the team right now.

52 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

drive through fast food GIF

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, addage said:

I live in Seattle and watch the Hawks games with family. 
That’s the prevailing opinion out here. But they’re nuts. Drank the koolaid. 
They have a QB screaming about a poor OL and they give up 3 hi value picks. They’re in cap hell. They have to pay him or look like idiots. Their best players are all older. 
They’re screwed.  Conceivably they can pull it off but I doubt it 

I checked the Hawks message board after their playoff lose and the overwhelming sentiment was Adams was a stud and we need a new coach and QB....it was mental. lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Jets do suck until they don’t. I’m glad he’s happy with their passing defense with Jamal that is about as bad as ours without Jamal. I mean, not like AVT could have helped their O line and Russel Wilson or nothing. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I checked the Hawks message board after their playoff lose and the overwhelming sentiment was Adams was a stud and we need a new coach and QB....it was mental. lol

Jamal needs to quit football and start a cult in Seattle before it’s too late. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yea, not like the reason and sanity that we have here.. Remember when people thought Adam Gase was an offensive genius and anyone question Darnold's ascension to the GOAT was ridiculed... or Jamal Adams was a great choice at 6 overall and the best safety in the NFL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

We do we need a revenge fantasy to complete this story? Jets blew it by drafting him over Mahomes/Watson. He made some pro bowls here then JD got absolute top dollar back for him. Beginning, middle, and end.

I like to finish my meals with a little salty snack to bring it all back full circle. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He traded Leo for Ashlyn Davis. I'm sure in your mind that was a great move by JD. How could it not be. He's JD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, genot said:

He traded Leo for Ashlyn Davis. I'm sure in your mind that was a great move by JD. How could it not be. He's JD.

To be fair let’s see what Leo does in a non contract year before we decide how good or bad that trade was. It has nothing to do with Ashtyn Davis, who could very likely stink or possibly do better in this new defense. Paying defense lineman long term contracts never worked well for the Jets. We have better places to put that money than the D line. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair let’s see what Leo does in a non contract year before we decide how good or bad that trade was. It has nothing to do with Ashtyn Davis, who could very likely stink or possibly do better in this new defense. Paying defense lineman long term contracts never worked well for the Jets. We have better places to put that money than the D line. 

Preach Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

The implication was that JD made a decision to trade those players when he became GM based on cost and how they benefited the team. If I'm looking at it that way' the Giants got the best of that deal. Leo was always a good player. He was dominant last year.

11 minutes ago, genot said:

No he traded what was at the time a lazy, under productive DL with a soon expiring contract for a 3rd round pick. 

A deal that everyone was more than happy with at the time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, genot said:

The implication was that JD made a decision to trade those players when he became GM based on cost and how they benefited the team. If I'm looking at it that way' the Giants got the best of that deal. Leo was always a good player. He was dominant last year.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Your implication didn't show in your prior post. Crusher's did. And Leo... was always a good player? At what? His stats are sad. He had one solid year, maaaaybe two. And guess what, last year which you called dominant.. contract year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he traded what was at the time a lazy, under productive DL with a soon expiring contract for a 3rd round pick. 

A deal that everyone was more than happy with at the time.

He was a good player here. Played 80 percent of snaps in every game. It's laughable to call him lazy. At 300lbs playing that much,he probably did play half speed a few plays in a game Doesn't mean he's lazy I thought he needed to be traded. We just drafted QW. Leo was a free agent. The trade made sense. That's why he was traded. Not because JD thought he was lazy or a jag. Like some people here we're calling him

14 minutes ago, pointman said:

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Your implication didn't show in your prior post. Crusher's did. And Leo... was always a good player? At what? His stats are sad. He had one solid year, maaaaybe two. And guess what, last year which you called dominant.. contract year. 

Sacks. Sacks. Sacks Sacks Sacks Sacks. Didn't have sacks. Looking beyond that stat. He was a good player here 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll really love Jamal if Seattle has a terrible season and that 1st in 2022 turns into a top 10 pick. 

I think it’s more of a possibility than many think. I do not know if I would say top ten pick but top half of the draft I wouldn’t be surprised. Seems a bit hectic over there right now