Your prayers are appreciated ...

Prayers from the Panhandle of Florida. Keep your head up man, and take care of your wife & yourself. I know it's easier said then done.. ( I'm dealing with difficult health issues with my wife also.) You guys got this, best of luck and prayers sent to you guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 2

Maxman, I loose healing upon your wife Lauren in Jesus' Name! I encourage you to read the New Testament which is the compilation of the apostles' testimonies of what Jesus has done for us all. It will build your FAITH- which is what unleashes God's power! I've experienced God's Spirit through faith in His Word and know of countless miracles He has done.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 7/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

good luck man- she is a strong person

get well soon

this cancer needs to be ******* solved

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, Warfish said:

Sister-in-Law just got diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

If only we, as a species, put as much effort into curing Cancer as we put into so many other, less important or less productive things, maybe this horrible blight might finally get cured.

So sorry to hear that Warfish. She will be in my prayers!

• Sympathy 2

On 8/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Warfish said:

If only we, as a species, put as much effort into curing Cancer as we put into so many other, less important or less productive things, maybe this horrible blight might finally get cured.

Sorry to hear this, Warfish.  Hopefully, with the support of a loving family, she can beat this.

• Upvote 1

Just saw this.   Best thoughts for her beating the disease.

• Upvote 3

On 9/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, Latinlawyer said:

Maxman,

I have known you online since the old website days. May God protect your wife, you and your family. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. 

God bless you,

LL (Gabe)

Thanks Gabe! That is much appreciated, it is amazing how long ago we all started talking Jets football together.  I wish you posted as much now as you did back in the old days, you were always a good poster.

Lauren has 4 chemo treatments left then we will see where everything stands. Thanks for the prayers.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks Gabe! That is much appreciated, it is amazing how long ago we all started talking Jets football together.  I wish you posted as much now as you did back in the old days, you were always a good poster.

Lauren has 4 chemo treatments left then we will see where everything stands. Thanks for the prayers.

Max,

When is the final treatment scheduled for? Continuing prayers for your wife & family 

Ya'll are remembered here in the mountains of NC. I pray that God really blesses you and your family in a very real and touching way. God is in the miracle business. Love ya'll and God bless you all, and everyone on this thread.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/7/2021 at 1:40 AM, Maxman said:

Hi Maxman, 

Yeah, i will probably start posting more as the team finally has some hope. Regardless, my prayers are with you, your wife and the family!

LL (Gabe)

• Upvote 2

Really hope she fights through, **** cancer.  

It's horrible that it returned, the side effects of these medications are terrible down the road, so it's really amazing to see that she's willing to fight through it.  I went through it once decades ago, and I swore if it ever returned, I might just skip treatment and live out the rest of my short life, so all the props to her for fighting it head on again.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, Maxman said:

Thanks again everyone. You have all been great, and the fighting on the board has been minimal, so that is an added bonus.

Lauren had her last triple treatment on Thursday. Chemo, and two hormone therapies. She is a trooper, after that we got in the RV and drove down to Cape May for the weekend.

She has two more weekly chemo appointments. Then the scary part. They rescan and we sit down to talk about the future. Scary sh*t, but we take it one day at a time and trust in God's plan. We know that Lauren will be on hormone therapy forever. That is once every three weeks.  Waiting to hear about how everything else progressed.

Thanks again and may God Bless you all!

The love and positive vibes wont stop flowing from here, friend.  Keep your head up, she's got this! 

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, Maxman said:

Thanks again everyone. You have all been great, and the fighting on the board has been minimal, so that is an added bonus.

Lauren had her last triple treatment on Thursday. Chemo, and two hormone therapies. She is a trooper, after that we got in the RV and drove down to Cape May for the weekend.

She has two more weekly chemo appointments. Then the scary part. They rescan and we sit down to talk about the future. Scary sh*t, but we take it one day at a time and trust in God's plan. We know that Lauren will be on hormone therapy forever. That is once every three weeks.  Waiting to hear about how everything else progressed.

Thanks again and may God Bless you all!

Max - you guys are strong and you got this ... Harrowing sh*t for sure ... but she has you and she is here !

Prayers will always be with you guys.  Hang tough and keep the love brother.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Stop being such a bunch of hypocritical pussies. 

All I kept hearing was that we need our own coach and QB.  We need to start from scratch.  That we need to develop younger players and stop wasting time playing vets.  Just this past season the board was overrun with posts complaining that Bell and Gore were on the field.  2015 is lambasted as a disaster because we didn't make the playoffs and developed nothing.  The board almost universally complains about late season wins because they cost us draft capital.  People would rather go 0-16 than 8-8.  Now they are doing what you asked and you whine like my son avoiding "rest your eyes time" at pre-school?  Suck it up.

Things have looked bad.  That is no guarantee of success, but it is not a guarantee of failure either.  Andy Reid started off -0-4 in Philly.  He was an offensive genius brought over from the Packers and his teams scored 29 points over the first 3 games including being shut out.  Sound familiar?  Kyle Shanahan, with these very guys on staff, started off 0-9 in SF.

sh*t may look up and it may not, but Douglas was a well respected hire.  He was not some dunce that couldn't handle a press conference brought over because he was the only guy willing to take on Rex.  He was not some coffee addled protege of a guy who goes to the wig store and asks for the Moe Howard.  He is a guy everybody said would right the ship and play the long game.  He is playing the long game.  Live with it.  Barring some real insanity he gets this year and next.   He should.  

Iiotyttppttre you q

Hi Warfish.  Just saw this.  Very familiar with breast cancer as my mother died from it when I was 19.  Medicine has improved by leaps and bounds since the 1970's and a far greater chance for recovery and lengthy lifespan thereafter for your sister-in-law.  Wishing her and your family the best during this.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:16 AM, batman10023 said:

Sending our prayers your way. 

I think you mentioned hospital is in Manhattan at Sloan.  We live a block or so away so if you need a place to crash for a couple of hours or shower etc. just let me know. 

the kids are in school so it’s empty during the day. 

Thanks so much, that is an incredible offer -- very generous.

Lauren is going to Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown \ Holmdel.  We live in Middletown so it is about a 5-minute drive. Which is a blessing before this was built we went to the cancer institute in New Brunswick. About 45 minutes with no traffic and there was always traffic so it would take an hour plus to get home.

• Sympathy 2