Your prayers are appreciated ...

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Thank-you.  I made it rain.   Well, maybe more of a sprinkle....a drizzle?  A drop?  Either way, I made Max wet.  Wait, that's not right either.

the situation is very fluid right now.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

We are in awe of what is happening here. Yesterday was chemo day and I was giving Lauren some updates on this thread. When I say she was speechless, I mean she was speechless. She smiled and was just like wow. Smiles are huge right now.

My daughter looked this thread up and said Dad this is incredible. You have all given me the street cred in my house that I have always longed for.  LOL.  All those hours in my basement talking to my "Jets Friends" and now everyone gets it. I mean that part, the power of this community has always been so inspiring. On a personal level, never more so than right now.

I promise you all this, we will never forget this. Being lifted up at your toughest moment is not something you forget. But what you have all done here is beyond anything I could have even ever dreamed of.

Chemo went well yesterday, Lauren's white blood cell counts have been low but she went to MSK three times last week to get some booster shots which worked. Next chemo was moved up to Saturday because we had previously planned a camping trip with a large family group. The first thing she said when she got the diagnosis is I am still going on that trip. We stay on the water near Rehoboth, really nice place. So she moved her chemo up so we could all still go.

Saturday will be a long day because there are two hormone therapies given as well (every 3rd week). I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to move it up. Nope, she doesn't complain, doesn't do anything but quietly fight.

Thank you all so much!

This seriously brought tears to my eyes (but only in a good way).  God bless Lauren, you, and your entire family.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

This is getting exceedingly strange.  And I've got more questions.

You managed to start a thread on JN that didn't erupt into one of the dozen pre-approved petulant arguments.  That on its own should tell you, there actually are no answers out there.  Nothing we know is real.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Hey everyone - I hope you'll indulge me one last emotional post.

In my work, I think a lot about endings and goodbyes.  They're never easy, especially when something meaningful has happened.  I've gotten pretty good at my job over the years, but I still haven't figured out the perfect goodbye.  All I have is the good-enough goodbye.

That's what I'll endeavor to do here.

Joe Klecko will be the last goal I set.  I hope we crush it, and then some.  But wherever we end up, our mission is already accomplished.  The dollars are just a bonus now.  We've raised over $7,200 which is incredible - Phil can feed his family, stress free for months, because of this - and as I said at the onset, can just focus on healing.  But what's even more incredible, in my view, may be that we raised it from 165 people.

What happened here is that 165 members of Jet Nation Dot Com said, "@Maxman, we're in this together... We've got you."  And we did so loudly.

Me - I worried initially.  I lost a fair amount of sleep Friday night after posting the link.  What if I screwed up?  What if this was a bust?  Did I set Phil up for disappointment at this already tough time?  Thank you all for making my worries completely unfounded.

People have thanked me throughout, and I'm grateful for your kind words, and your trust - but this wasn't about me.  I asked Phil for permission, I made a link, I posted it, and I cheer-led a bit.  This was about all of us coming together and doing something great.  I thank you all for that.

I spoke to Max, and he agreed, it's time to get back to football.

Let's Go Jets!  Let's Go Lauren!

This was awesome bro and yeah we can talk Football but I hope this stays open throughout all of 2021's season until we find out 100% she whoops ass again and beats it (which she will because she's already a proven fighter). I'd like to keep this thing going throughout the entire season this way I can donate every Friday throughout the entire season because I witnessed my mom having to overcome breast cancer and while I was @ work for almost a year I felt emotionally distressed and if I would've received say 50k of support I wouldn't of had to work a nervous wreck and could've took an entire year off of work his to focus on my mom instead of working M-F 50 hours per week. It was a nightmare to me so it's just my opinion but I'd like to keep this support going throughout our entire season of 2021 football while she kicks this things ass!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair you cheered a lot and so did I. I’m so happy I had a chance to be part of this. If we ever meet at a game I’m kissing you on the lips. I know your like 8 inches taller than me so I’ll wait till you sit down. An amazing thing you did here, for an amazing family and I’m sure this love and positive momentum will carry them through this. Was a beautiful thing everyone did here together the last couple days. Ok fine, I’ll kiss you all on the Lips. 

I feel like you have to kiss him on whatever part of his body your lips are parallel to.  Probably right below the neck line lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair you cheered a lot and so did I. I’m so happy I had a chance to be part of this. If we ever meet at a game I’m kissing you on the lips. I know your like 8 inches taller than me so I’ll wait till you sit down. An amazing thing you did here, for an amazing family and I’m sure this love and positive momentum will carry them through this. Was a beautiful thing everyone did here together the last couple days. Ok fine, I’ll kiss you all on the Lips. 

ready

the hangover GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Hey everyone - I hope you'll indulge me one last emotional post.

In my work, I think a lot about endings and goodbyes.  They're never easy, especially when something meaningful has happened.  I've gotten pretty good at my job over the years, but I still haven't figured out the perfect goodbye.  All I have is the good-enough goodbye.

That's what I'll endeavor to do here.

Joe Klecko will be the last goal I set.  I hope we crush it, and then some.  But wherever we end up, our mission is already accomplished.  The dollars are just a bonus now.  We've raised over $7,200 which is incredible - Phil can feed his family, stress free for months, because of this - and as I said at the onset, can just focus on healing.  But what's even more incredible, in my view, may be that we raised it from 165 people.

What happened here is that 165 members of Jet Nation Dot Com said, "@Maxman, we're in this together... We've got you."  And we did so loudly.

Me - I worried initially.  I lost a fair amount of sleep Friday night after posting the link.  What if I screwed up?  What if this was a bust?  Did I set Phil up for disappointment at this already tough time?  Thank you all for making my worries completely unfounded.

People have thanked me throughout, and I'm grateful for your kind words, and your trust - but this wasn't about me.  I asked Phil for permission, I made a link, I posted it, and I cheer-led a bit.  This was about all of us coming together and doing something great.  I thank you all for that.

I spoke to Max, and he agreed, it's time to get back to football.

Let's Go Jets!  Let's Go Lauren!

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Upvote 3

On 7/11/2021 at 7:41 AM, TeddEY said:

On a related note, does anyone here work for a company that can print giant novelty checks?

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

9wi6o5mvkui01.png

Big checks are nice and all, but does anyone work for a company that can supply nurses like that for the JetNation tailgate? 

Jokes aside (though it would be nice)...

Best wishes to Lauren!  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Okay, "all on the lips" and "8 inches" snapped me back to JN reality.  

Kudos @TeddEY and everybody for accomplishing something wonderful as well as making this thread a must read multiple times a day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2