Mac Jones Signs Rookie Deal with Patriots

Patriots sign first-round QB Mac Jones to rookie deal (nfl.com)

Patriots sign first-round QB Mac Jones to rookie deal

Published: Jul 06, 2021 at 04:52 PM
Jelani Scott

The Patriots have officially signed their potential quarterback of the future.

New England has agreed to terms with Alabama product Mac Jones, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per Tuesday's transaction wire.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that Jones, the 15th overall pick in April's draft, will earn roughly $15.6 million fully guaranteed over four years, with a signing bonus of about $8.7 million.

The Patriots' first-round selection of the 22-year-old signal-caller immediately brought a noteworthy dose of intrigue to the QB room which still includes last year's starter Cam Newton.

Following an encouraging showing during OTAs and minicamp in May and June, Jones positioned himself for a chance to compete for QB1 honors, a battle NFL Network's Mike Giardi recently stated the team is gearing up for this summer.

Whether or not the promising rookie wins the starting spot outright remains to be seen. His signing on the dotted line, however, marks the official start of his journey toward what could be a bright future under the bright lights at Gillette Stadium.

21 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Patriots sign first-round QB Mac Jones to rookie deal (nfl.com)

Patriots sign first-round QB Mac Jones to rookie deal

Published: Jul 06, 2021 at 04:52 PM
Jelani Scott

The Patriots have officially signed their potential quarterback of the future.

New England has agreed to terms with Alabama product Mac Jones, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per Tuesday's transaction wire.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that Jones, the 15th overall pick in April's draft, will earn roughly $15.6 million fully guaranteed over four years, with a signing bonus of about $8.7 million.

The Patriots' first-round selection of the 22-year-old signal-caller immediately brought a noteworthy dose of intrigue to the QB room which still includes last year's starter Cam Newton.

Following an encouraging showing during OTAs and minicamp in May and June, Jones positioned himself for a chance to compete for QB1 honors, a battle NFL Network's Mike Giardi recently stated the team is gearing up for this summer.

Whether or not the promising rookie wins the starting spot outright remains to be seen. His signing on the dotted line, however, marks the official start of his journey toward what could be a bright future under the bright lights at Gillette Stadium.

But Belichick still remains a cheating scumbag  right? Musta missed that part...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

20 years ago, Tom Brady participated in the NFL Combine. Here's what people  remember - The Boston GlobeWilliam Galloway on Twitter: "5 games. 5 wins. 1,907 passing yards. 12 TDs.  1 Mac Jones. #MacJones… "

Star Wars Doom GIF

The only hope that I have while comparing the 2 pictures is that it appears (at least back when this was taken of Brady) that Brady has some chest hair, whereas, Mac Jones either is a hairless human or shaves his entire body daily and both are completely ******* creepy and therefore, confidently makes me feel he will fail. 

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The only hope that I have while comparing the 2 pictures is that it appears (at least back when this was taken of Brady) that Brady has some chest hair, whereas, Mac Jones either is a hairless human or shaves his entire body daily and both are completely ******* creepy and therefore, confidently makes me feel he will fail. 

I buy it. I’m worried about Zach because he looks like Jimmy Clausen’s more attractive cousin.

• Haha 2

Mac Jones has this arrogance about him. Not confidence, but arrogance. That arrogant smirk having soft body better be lights out otherwise I am gonna giggity giggity my ass off when he falls on his face. I rarely root for someone to be a goof but this guy, he has the goods to be heckled. Also, Belichick is a scumbag. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@joewilly12  ?

Is that picture of Mac Jones from the future after he retired or does he actually look like this? What a slob.
B U S T Bust bust bust. Couldn’t happen to a lousier organization. 

0B7C3090-E6D7-484F-99B6-35B92620A6EE.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, JiFapono said:

image.gif

• Haha 1