*** Around the League ***

nycdan

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

He might have symptoms. Then you need 48 hours of no symptoms followed by 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. 

He is vaccinated. Just moving forward teams should have rules that players need to be completely quarantined during the season if a positive test is going to make you miss a game. Wilson was at the BYU game last night- why???? Just not necessary. 

There are going to be more players miss games than last year, which is nuts.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Add him to the PS and let go that slow hog Zuniga. 

If he is in shape physically and mentally it could be a great match for Bell because they’re smart enough on how to use him. I might still be a sucker for him but always thought his value was more as a receiving back than a feature runner. And now he doesn’t have enough left in the tank for that. I always thought he could have been a great 3rd down option for Sam. As a receiver out of the backfield. 

On 9/5/2021 at 12:06 PM, Matt39 said:

If he's vaccinated and he's being ruled out 5 days before the game then the NFL is being ridiculous. 

You can still spread the virus even if you’ve been vaccinated and don’t have symptoms. They have slightly different quarantine rules for those players vaccinated though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If he is in shape physically and mentally it could be a great match for Bell because they’re smart enough on how to use him. I might still be a sucker for him but always thought his value was more as a receiving back than a feature runner. And now he doesn’t have enough left in the tank for that. I always thought he could have been a great 3rd down option for Sam. As a receiver out of the backfield. 

Who are we talking about again? I’m talking about Zuniga and the LB that just got released by the Raiders. 

• Upvote 1

LARAMIE — Make no mistake, Josh Allen was the headliner at Wyoming football’s Pro Day on Friday. Allen’s prospects as a projected first-round selection in the upcoming NFL Draft brought television crews from both NFL Network and ESPN, as well as a bevy of NFL scouts and coaches.

But Rico Gafford made for one heck of an opener.

The former Cowboys cornerback opened some eyes with his 36 1/2 vertical jump. Then, he made them double take with a pair of 40-yard dashes that the Star-Tribune unofficially timed at 4.26 and 4.23 seconds. One scout had Gafford at 4.19.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Texans are in full fire sale mode.  

trading a late rd pick for David Johnson > signing Bell’s dumb a$$

If the pick is a 6th/7th, sure.  Anything more, might as well kick the tires.  Maybe the Ravens will use Bell as a pure pass-catcher if they ever bring him up from the PS.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the pick is a 6th/7th, sure.  Anything more, might as well kick the tires.  Maybe the Ravens will use Bell as a pure pass-catcher if they ever bring him up from the PS.  

I actually think Bell ends up being their starting rb by week 5 or 6

but yeah David Johnson is a way better player