Marcellus Wiley: “fight free camp? This team has no fire”

Rhg1084

46 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Fights are usually a sign of guys competing for a spot, getting their competitive juice's up.

They're often a sign of insecure players getting beaten on a play who are worried about their spot on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if they're generally the same guys who at times practice out of control, and hurt their teammates in practice.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Saleh has made it clear that fighting a teammate won’t win you a job! Bam - there it is - no need to fight. Simple as that. In fact fighting could cost you a job on this team. Bam! No more to be said. 

Yep.  Store up that aggression and use it on Sunday. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

your opinion is always to be against the JD regime and accept any critic from the media as gospel 

how about you start a fight with your fellow co worker , it will get your juice flowing for sure 

you are not tired of it? you dont really like this team so go be a fan of the teams your beloved Adam Gase  and Mike Maccagnan work at 

Once again, a flase narrative. I dont spend money and tears going to games because im not a Jets fan.

Moreover, I was with the fire Gase crew. Hard to push your narrative when its based off lies

Go ask judge if he was happy that fight resulted in his starting qb on the bottom of a scrum.  I think that’s why he’s not playing vs the jets.

if you want to bash the jets, it’s easy.  Pick something.  If they were fighting at jets camp the national narrative would be that saleh does not yet have the team behind him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jets Nut is 100% correct. As he pointed out, Judge didn't appreciate it at all. Risking player injury for this utter stupidity is frankly bad news. Just as any other lack of discipline and focus is seen as a liability. Not exactly rocket science, but it obviously is to dumb clucks like Marcus Wiley.

There is a difference between no fights at all and an out-and-out melee involving the entire team which is apparently what happened at Giants camp.

It is a rhetorical trick and a cheap one at that to try pretend that those two very different things are one and the same thing,  As far as I can tell, Wiley nor anyone on this board has advocating for the "melee" because they have not.

So yes, Judge was right to stop practice when he did and no, nobody here is saying anything different.

The question as I understand it is does the complete lack of any fighting at all say something about the energy level of the team? If that is the question then count me as one of those who agrees that it just might say something about them.  If that makes me a moron, or stupid, or a non-rocket scientist or a dumb cluck in your mind then so be it.

And just because I think that does not mean that I want a bench clearing brawl of any kind.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Start with the line, "This team aint got no fire"

Why do these shows think its cool and hip to sound illiterate?

It’s a black geek thing…and I say that as a lifelong black geek…when we speak commensurate to our education we’re deemed too “proper” by our peers …so we try to utilize the vernacular to fit in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember when Geno Smith got his jaw broke. Is that what you guys want? For Zach to get beat up? 

I bet most teams who have "training camp fights" have awful seasons that same year too. 

That was 2015 and our last winning season when we went 10-6.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

It’s a black geek thing…and I say that as a lifelong black geek…when we speak commensurate to our education we’re deemed too “proper” by our peers …so we try to utilize the vernacular to fit in.

I gave up on that kind of fitting in a long time ago…I leave idiocy to idiots now…

• Sympathy 2

39 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Thats cool, but when youre on TV I think people need to reel it in.  

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Lets start with logic.   - Good Idea

The only way to show fire and passion is to come to blows with teammates? - No! But it is one of the ways that these things might happen/Often does happen

And it makes sense to risk injury to prove this?  -  These things are never planned. When they happen they are spontaneous and I highly doubt that the Risk analysis is part of the in -the-moment calculus

Also if it indicates fire, passion and whatever good vibes this moron can think up why did Judge end practice immediately screaming at his players because its not how his team will act on the field - Glad to have your expertise on the topic of what "morons" might be thinking. Do you especially qualified to opine in this area?

Yeah, I'm alive and have experienced different things.  Its how we decide on which side of an issues we sit.  And having played football as well as many other sports I think I and apparently most who responded to this thread realize that the idea that a summer camp fight in the early part of August isnt going to have an effect on the team or prove the team lacks fire.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

There is a difference between no fights at all and an out-and-out melee involving the entire team which is apparently what happened at Giants camp.

It is a rhetorical trick and a cheap one at that to try pretend that those two very different things are one and the same thing,  As far as I can tell, Wiley nor anyone on this board has advocating for the "melee" because they have not.

So yes, Judge was right to stop practice when he did and no, nobody here is saying anything different.

The question as I understand it is does the complete lack of any fighting at all say something about the energy level of the team? If that is the question then count me as one of those who agrees that it just might say something about them.  If that makes me a moron, or stupid, or a non-rocket scientist or a dumb cluck in your mind then so be it.

And just because I think that does not mean that I want a bench clearing brawl of any kind.

Why do you think Wiley was even raising the issue. He was making an obvious comparison to the Giants brawl and suggesting that it was actually a positive, while dissing the Jets for being in a better headspace under a coach who clearly knows how to manage professional players and are focused on learning his system. Everything I've read about the Jets players indicates that they are genuinely happy and enthusiastic to play under Saleh. Somehow that's been twisted into a negative. 

• Upvote 3

This guy was happy about how a Buffalo Bills training camp fight in 1997 "RUINED A PLAYERS CAREER"!

(see link below) 

"Wiley recalls Bills camp fight as best ever"!

https://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/15935/wiley-recalls-bills-camp-fight-as-best-ever

Screenshot_20210813-142417.thumb.png.1ba47814d4aaffa59014431b304a98b0.png

Since when does fighting teammates who's back you're supposed to have = WINNING?

Because that "bestest fight ever" = 6-10 (4th place of the AFC East Division) and @ 6-10 overall it seems as if Buffalo's players hated one another. 

Tomorrow I'm going to find his Twitter Page and make fun of him so bad with that article + that picture and spam his Twitter Page for 15 minutes with copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste ???

#Follow DWC on Twitter

I've finally graduated to Twitter and I'll have millions of followers sooner rather than later (by giving the Cimini's and the Wiley's a piece of my JN mind).

????). 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Why do you think Wiley was even raising the issue. He was making an obvious comparison to the Giants brawl and suggesting that it was actually a positive, while dissing the Jets for being in a better headspace under a coach who clearly knows how to manage professional players and are focused on learning his system. Everything I've read about the Jets players indicates that they are genuinely happy and enthusiastic to play under Saleh. Somehow that's been twisted into a negative. 

There are a bunch of leaps of faith in that paragraph.  While he the Giants *may* have been on his mind he was being asked to compare zero fights to a universal brawl.  Saying that zero fights might equate to a lack of passion is not the same thing as advocating a full on brawl as you are doing here.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

There are a bunch of leaps of faith in that paragraph.  While he the Giants *may* have been on his mind he was being asked to compare zero fights to a universal brawl.  Saying that zero fights might equate to a lack of passion is not the same thing as advocating a full on brawl as you are doing here.

Not really. What fight prompted this whole discussion, if not the Giants'? That's the only newsworthy fight that has occurred in he last few weeks. And I wasn't advocating any form of fighting. Actually the opposite. Bottom line: Wiley is rationalizing the Giants' fight as a sign of "fire," while stating that the Jets, on generally good behavior, lack that same "fire." It's not complicated. It's just stupid.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

Makes even less sense to think a one on one fight is indicative of a team with fire in them.  So the point that two players fighting is good for a team makes less sense than what happened at Giants camp.  Five weeks before the season starts.

Wileys comment was silly at best.  Fights or no fights are meaningless.  Especially as has been said when youre spending most practice days in shells and even in pads youre not tackling so there's less chance of a fight breaking out.   

• Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Not really. What fight prompted this whole discussion, if not the Giants'? That's the only newsworthy fight that has occurred in he last few weeks. And I wasn't advocating any form of fighting. Actually the opposite. Bottom line: Wiley is rationalizing the Giants' fight as a sign of "fire," while stating that the Jets, on generally good behavior, lack that same "fire." It's not complicated. It's just stupid.

Its really not complicated but the logic is being lost in translation

• Post of the Week 1