***The Official New York Jets @ New York Giants Game Thread (7:30pm)***

Ghost

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I won't even be upset if Elijah Moore doesn't play because that kid is absolute fire (preseason game or not) and it'll give Denzel Mims an even bigger opportunity to shine. 

I'm fired up and can't wait to see Zach Wilson for a couple of series + how our soon to be top 1-3 NFL Defense looks under coach SALEH!

You know who I'm really A+ fired up for? James Morgan. If this kid lights it up 3x during the preseason? His trade value automatically becomes 2nd round status. 

your enthusiasm is contagious. 

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Celebrating the big 2-8 today by going out to dinner at the one restaurant with no TVs.  Do I dare stream it at the table and ruin the night with football???

plotting season 12 GIF

Happy birthday man. 

I just sent you PM of link to all the games today. 

@ 1:00 the first game comes on. So you can see how awesome they work. 

But the links for every game don't pop up until kickoff time. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Happy birthday man. 

I just sent you PM of link to all the games today. 

@ 1:00 the first game comes on. So you can see how awesome they work. 

But the links for every game don't pop up until kickoff time. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Happy birthday @Mogglez

Thank you so much guys!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Celebrating the big 2-8 today by going out to dinner at the one restaurant with no TVs.  Do I dare stream it at the table and ruin the night with football???

plotting season 12 GIF

Trust your gut and enjoy the evening. Happy Birthday. All I remember about being 28 is it was year 7 of my 42 (and counting) years of Jets season tix.I hope your next 35 are more enjoyable.?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You've raised your son into a good man.

+1,000,000 to JetNut. 

• A father/son duo? Posting on JN as Jets fans together? 

Reminds me of...

image.thumb.png.2c1d40f5516b8ba50934c8f4df940822.png

I was exactly like him at his age, from 19 on I was a jet nut.  Crazed.  Screaming for Matt Robinson to be put in, loving Walt and the start of the Sack Exchange

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Some things we will NOT see tonight:

1. Adam Gase

2. Smelling salts

3. Patton Oswalt's doppelganger

4. Adam Gase in 2nd half

5. FB dives with a 100 year old RB on 1st down

6. FB dives with a 100 year old RB on 2nd down

7. FB dives with a 100 year old RB on 3rd down

8.. Sam Darnold and a bewildering pick

9. Cover 0 blitzes

10. A lacrosse player as our #2 receiver

11. The majority of our cap costs at CB (Trumaine Johnson cost more against the cap than all our other corners combined)

12. Adam Gase press conference

You left out:

13. Gregg Williams

14. Darrel Loggins

I don’t expect to see Wilson looking off safeties or Audi blinging, but please please please no brain farts 

When the play is dead, throw it away or scramble. 

no panicked pre-determined throws into double coverage. 

Pleaee lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Here's the 10 Players on my "Bubble Watch" for Tonight

Players who seem like longshots who could still surprise someone and take a spot on the opening day roster

1. Austin Walter RB - Seems like the odd man out at RB right now but he's still in with a chance 
  2. Ryan Griffin TE - Herndon and Kroft are ahead of him and there is some young talent with potential behind him
  3. Kenny Yeboah TE - Talented but hasn't got a lot of positive press so far in camp
  4. Vyncint Smith WR - Gifted athlete who can play special team too, can he contribute at WR
  5. Lawrence Cager WR - Another guy who seems to have strong potential - can he show it tonight
  6. Corey Levin C/G - Has bounced around the league for a few years without doing much, but the door is open for him to earn a spot at backup C & G
  7. Jabari Zuniga DE - Was hurt a lot last year and didn't do much or honestly flash a lot of potential - can he actually play?  We will know more later today.
  8. Jonathan Marshall DT - Big ole corn fed rookie 6th rounder, but we are deep at DT
  9. Isaiah Dunn CB - We've heard a lot about him, let's watch to see how he does in a game
  10. Corey Ballentine CB/KR - Can he steal the last spot on the roster as a backup CB and kick returner?

I will watch these 10 players closely - they should all play a lot - and give each an "Up" or "Down" vote after the game

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

All of the above hahaha.  I could reverse the clock on my age though and act like a petulant child by screaming “it’s my birthday, we do what I WANT”.

Wait this isn’t acceptable behavior? Happy birthday my friend.  I’m wearing underwear right now that’s older than you. 

26 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Players who seem like longshots who could still surprise someone and take a spot on the opening day roster

1. Austin Walter RB - Seems like the odd man out at RB right now but he's still in with a chance 
  2. Ryan Griffin TE - Herndon and Kroft are ahead of him and there is some young talent with potential behind him
  3. Kenny Yeboah TE - Talented but hasn't got a lot of positive press so far in camp
  4. Vyncint Smith WR - Gifted athlete who can play special team too, can he contribute at WR
  5. Lawrence Cager WR - Another guy who seems to have strong potential - can he show it tonight
  6. Corey Levin C/G - Has bounced around the league for a few years without doing much, but the door is open for him to earn a spot at backup C & G
  7. Jabari Zuniga DE - Was hurt a lot last year and didn't do much or honestly flash a lot of potential - can he actually play?  We will know more later today.
  8. Jonathan Marshall DT - Big ole corn fed rookie 6th rounder, but we are deep at DT
  9. Isaiah Dunn CB - We've heard a lot about him, let's watch to see how he does in a game
  10. Corey Ballentine CB/KR - Can he steal the last spot on the roster as a backup CB and kick returner?

I will watch these 10 players closely - they should all play a lot - and give each an "Up" or "Down" vote after the game

Good analysis. I will be watching them too.

• Upvote 1

I almost came to the conclusion that the Jets failures were all because of me. I almost decided to sacrifice myself on the altar of JN and root for the Giants for the benefit of you all. But then I said eff that! It's all because of you! You are the reason for my misery!  You should lay down your fandom for me!

Ok but how about we try for a few games, just to see if it works? ? ?

42 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Think Marshall will stick over Shepard. Is Zuniga playing tonight?

• Upvote 1