Russell Wilson is on IR, Jets could have two really high picks

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

2 very winable games over the next 4 fro Seattle even with Geno

Sure, but losing 2 games as well would put seattle at 4-5, which isn't a great position. Don't forget that with Wilson playing the whole game the seahawks are 2-2, so coming back to a losing record won't be great, especially for a team in the nfc west. 

32 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

2 very winable games over the next 4 fro Seattle even with Geno

27 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You see it as two winnable games, I see it as two losable games over the next 4. 

Wilson is eligible to return week 10 at the Packers, and will have missed 3 games not 4 due to the fact Seattle has their bye week in week 9 after playing a home game vs the lowly Jaguars in week 8 on Halloween.

Here's how I see it playing out before Russell Wilson is eligible to return week 10 at the  Packers.

Week 6 at Steelers, Loss, 2-4

Week 7 vs New Orleans, Loss, 2-5

Week 8 vs Jaguars, Win, 3-5

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 at Packers

Note: I could see Seattle beating the Saints making them 4-4 when Russell Wilson gets  back. 

Part 1

I don't wish injury on any player. If R. Wilson wasn't hurt at the moment, I would wish for an injury on Sunday. With that said, now that he IS injured, I don't feel bad about Geno being their starting QB. Geno is a capable QB, and you sometimes see why he was drafted in the 2nd round. The longer he plays, the sooner you understand why he failed on the Jets and has also played for the Chargers, Giants, and Seahawks.

Part 2

Expectation - Geno Smith goes 1-3 over the next four games

Reality - Geno Smith goes 4-0, and allows Wilson to take additional time off to rehab his finger. Goes 5-0 and Wilson returns to win out the season. Jets get 27th pick

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Part 1

I don't wish injury on any player. If R. Wilson wasn't hurt at the moment, I would wish for an injury on Sunday. With that said, now that he IS injured, I don't feel bad about Geno being their starting QB. Geno is a capable QB, and you sometimes see why he was drafted in the 2nd round. The longer he plays, the sooner you understand why he failed on the Jets and has also played for the Chargers, Giants, and Seahawks.

Part 2

Expectation - Geno Smith goes 1-3 over the next four games

Reality - Geno Smith goes 4-0, and allows Wilson to take additional time off to rehab his finger. Goes 5-0 and Wilson returns to win out the season. Jets get 27th pick

Seattle has one of the worst defenses in NFL history. They’ve been average at best as a team even with Wilson starting.

I’d be happy for Geno if he played well and won some games but, after that first drive last week, he looked like a QB who you can rattle. On that team, he’s in a position where he needs to continually put points on the board just to keep them in the game. That’s not a great combination. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Then there's PHI, with three first round picks.  PHI (2-4), IND (1-4), and MIA (1-4).

Talk about loaded.

Ballard is smart in Indy.  Once they are out of it, he will bench Wentz so he doesn’t hit 70% of the snaps and they won’t lost their 1st round pick next year

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d be happy for Geno if he played well and won some games but, after that first drive last week, he looked like a QB who you can rattle. On that team, he’s in a position where he needs to continually put points on the board just to keep them in the game. That’s not a great combination. 

I think this is key. Seattle's defense is legitimately bad. Their RB is going to be out as well. This isn't a team that's going to be able to hide their backup QB. The WR's are great, but the offensive line isn't.

They were 2-2 with Wilson playing all game with losses to 3-2 Tennessee and 2-3 Minnesota and wins over 1-4 Indianapolis and 2-3 San Francisco. Minnesota's only other win is against the Lions.

Seattle also has winnable games but both games against Arizona, at the Rams, and at the Packers are all part of the nine games they'll have after Wilson is eligible to return.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

JD is picking, so don't see the upside.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Jets hired somebody to pick in the draft and let JD swindle the teams? Problem is I don't know if there would be anybody who would take that offer.

• Upvote 1