"This organization is going to lift you, not the other way around."

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Most frustrating part of all of this is that Douglas put together what should be a very high level group of WR's.  If we saw more 4 and 5 WR sets, Wilson would have a much easier time taking advantage of some mismatches.  Imagine trying to cover Denzel Mims and Keelan Cole with your 4th/5th CB or a safety.

Instead, the OC is in love with 2 and 3 WR sets meaning Wilson has to look to guys like Griffin and Kroft instead of Mims and Cole.

When you have a group of outstanding TE’s like we do, there is no need to go 5 wide.?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Most frustrating part of all of this is that Douglas put together what should be a very high level group of WR's.  If we saw more 4 and 5 WR sets, Wilson would have a much easier time taking advantage of some mismatches.  Imagine trying to cover Denzel Mims and Keelan Cole with your 4th/5th CB or a safety.

Instead, the OC is in love with 2 and 3 WR sets meaning Wilson has to look to guys like Griffin and Kroft instead of Mims and Cole.

Personally, he should of made a stud line before suring up the WR corps. 

It also concerns me, did JD really think Wilson come in week 1 slinging it. Sure seems so. How off is JD about Wilson it what keeps me up at night. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

70% sure Wilson is going to ask for a trade this offseason

Kid is not a quitter. He didnt have to come here. He could easily have refused ala Eli and Elway and demanded he be traded elsewhere. Kid has heart unlike Darnold who's a brooding bum. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Whatever Fido. Most of us have been trying very hard to find stuff to be optimistic with this kid. Feel free to blame everyone but him but he simply hasn't played well at all. If you use the word "potential" "arm talent" "flash plays" in your answer then I'm putting you on ignore. 

Simply put:  He wasn't ready to start.  Not by a mile.  JD got a bug up his ass about starting Zack day one so should be blamed for the move.  But Zack has earned the fans' scorn.  He's looked every bit the college player on a pro field.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Kid is not a quitter. He didnt have to come here. He could easily have refused ala Eli and Elway and demanded he be traded elsewhere. Kid has heart unlike Darnold who's a brooding bum. 

You're right, the kid seems to have heart.  I do bet him Mom and Dad are regretting not pushing harder though.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Put me on Ignore...it won't change the reality.

I have never once said he's been good...in fact I've stated it over and over again that he hasn't.  I have never once said he doesn't need to be better, in fact, I've stated it over and over again that he does....

But I've also said over and over again that he has shown the ability to be special and is surely been hampered by his OL, TE's and WR's that can't catch.  He's young and needs time....

If y'all want to insist on attacking him like he's already a bust through 5 games on this garbage roster, with a new system and rookie HC and OC...So be it.  You won't see my posts anymore, but I can promise you I'll continue to point out the reality when people say otherwise.

Potential, Arm Talent and Flash Plays....

Wilson needs to buy this comic book - The first appearence of Flash - Only US $16,595.85 on ebay

flash.jpg

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Personally, he should of made a stud line before suring up the WR corps. 

It also concerns me, did JD really think Wilson come in week 1 slinging it. Sure seems so. How off is JD about Wilson it what keeps me up at night. 

I mean, he was aggressive and traded up to get the best OL in the draft after drafting multiple OL in year 1.  If Cam Clark doesn't get a spinal injury, he's probably the starting RG and GVR is a backup which is where he belongs.  He also went out and signed Moses despite already having Fant on the roster.

37 minutes ago, freestater said:

Robert Saleh to Zach Wilson on draft night. 

Not working out so well. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

This is what I have been saying for weeks. Saleh is a used car salesman. His words on draft night went right out the window after he repeatedly defended his defense at post-game press conference but always seem to take a shot at the rookie QB. 

Not to mention, HIS defense never gives Zach the ball quickly after a Jets Punt/TO, instead HIS defense gives up 12 play drives. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Simply put:  He wasn't ready to start.  Not by a mile.  JD got a bug up his ass about starting Zack day one so should be blamed for the move.  But Zack has earned the fans' scorn.  He's looked every bit the college player on a pro field.

Nope...

It takes time to learn the position.  He's as ready as any other rookie.  He certainly has a bit more of a learning curve coming from a smaller program and was put into about a tough situation as possible - but he's gotta learn some time.  

He looks like a college player on a pro field for 5 weeks, I think we mostly agree on that.

I think, if anything, JD was over confident about the roster he put on the field around him.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

You do know that many on here were lauding Darnold for being "a great kid" and "had a lot of heart".    No one gives a crap unless you can play.

What did I say about Sam Darnold?

This was about Zach forcing his way off the Jets - or like his parents wanted, not wanting to come here in the first place. 

Darnold did't force his way out of here, but he sure was happy when he was gone.  Judging from the celebration video I saw...

Zach leaving this fan base would be the best thing for him and I'm sure he and his parents know that, but Zach is a competitor.