White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Well, considering I think Zach sucks and this season is a disaster, my hope at this point is they start him for the remainder of the season. If he proves me wrong then fantastic we have a QB, if he falls flat on his face like I expect then MAYBE this team has the balls to move on and spare me 2 more years of nonsense with this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah, theres a chance that any of this may happen or anyone associated with the Jets shares your view of ZW

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Zach had what 6 bad games? Zero good  games?

Split the rest if the season up and see what you have in each of them. I think it’ll benefit Zach to sit a while longer. I’d also like to see how White bounces back.

Don't assume either us the guy until one proves it.

Missed the Titans game?

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

White’s not showing out consistently throwing to running backs all day. 

Time to let Wilson sink or swim 

exactly

Buffalo expose White. the gig is up. take the short pass away and he is inaccurate and makes poor decisions downfield.

i guess Buffalo seen the same stat CBS said. 81 of Whites 88 passes were under 15 yards. 

now i think Wilson can have those short passes all day long. cause no defense wants to get beat deep. and Wilson has shown not only does he like the mid to deep pass, he can make those throws.

now lets hope he learned something

• Upvote 1

The truth about Mike White: He has 8 interceptions in 3 games (and easily could have had more against the Bills), while Wilson has 9 interceptions in a little over 5 games. 

If the QB is going to be a turnover machine, give me the guy with the superior mobility and pimp my ride arm. 

I respect what White did here. Total gamer. Awesome guy to have as a backup. But let’s be real here. 

• Upvote 2

The Jets aren’t giving up on Zach Wilson after 1 year. Like him or not everyone can agree that the kid has a ton of raw tools to work with. Guys like him tend to get more chances than they deserve. 

Zach is a lot like Josh Allen as a rookie in that he has no idea how to play the position at this level. Fortunately for Josh he had terrific running ability which got him by until his arm caught up. Zach does not have that same ability and is on a worse team so the results are going to be that much worse. 

Let’s be honest here, what raw tools? His size? Nope. Athleticism? Nope. Football acumen? Big nope. Accuracy? Nope.

He has a strong arm. Really that’s it. Oh occasionally he’ll throw sidearm, it looks really cool!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Welcome to JN. Please open a thread and tell us what's on your mind. Don't even bother taking a look around first. 

Social media generation has taken over JN. Everyone's on permanent transmit-only mode. No one actually cares what anyone else thinks.

PS: when your "friends" like your posts on instatwitbook -- they don't actually like or care about that photo of your dog dressed up for Halloween -- they are reminding you of their existence so you go and like their sh*t.

I guess the 25 minimum Post requirement doesn't work. 

And the new registration has restarted again

?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Let’s be honest here, what raw tools? His size? Nope. Athleticism? Nope. Football acumen? Big nope. Accuracy? Nope.

He has a strong arm. Really that’s it. Oh occasionally he’ll throw sidearm, it looks really cool!

You know he runs like a 4.6 right? That’s pretty damn athletic. Hes also not small, I don’t understand where that misconception came from. He’s the same size as Aaron Rodgers.  He was very accurate in college. Watch a few of his games from byu and come back and tell me he’s not accurate. Most of them were tight window throws unlike fields and jones who threw to wide open guys most of the time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

He’s very athletic and can make plays and throws that only a couple other humans and the world can. 

Im not saying he’s ever going get to there. All I am saying is that he’s going to get every chance in the world to put it together. My guess is he’s the QB here three years minimum just like Darnold. 

He’s very athletic and can make plays and throws that only a couple other humans and the world can. 

Im not saying he’s ever going get to there. All I am saying is that he’s going to get every chance in the world to put it together. My guess is he’s the QB here three years minimum just like Darnold. 

Throws that only a couple other humans can make? You’re kidding me right? Or by a couple other humans you mean 80-90% of NFL QB’s?

• Upvote 1

You know he runs like a 4.6 right? That’s pretty damn athletic. Hes also not small, I don’t understand where that misconception came from. He’s the same size as Aaron Rodgers.  He was very accurate in college. Watch a few of his games from byu and come back and tell me he’s not accurate. Most of them were tight window throws unlike fields and jones who threw to wide open guys most of the time. 

He could run a 4.0 flat for all I care, if it doesn’t translate on the field it’s useless. As for his size. If he tries to use that “4.6” speed in the NFL he’s gonna get killed. He has no frame at all and I don’t care who you’re comparing him to, it’s obvious when the pads are on he is smaller that Rodgers. Hell, Kyler Murray looks bigger in pads. I’ve watched all of his games at BYU, some multiple times. There’s a huge difference between BYU accuracy and NFL accuracy. His entire college success (yes, that one season of success) was predicated on throwing to guys that he sees. The windows were huge because the defenders were such low caliber. Now that he has to make tight NFL throws you’re seeing that he’s not nearly as accurate as he looked. He has a strong arm, that’s his only redeeming quality. The NFL has gone blind to many a sh*tty QB over a strong arm, it’s nothing new.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

I get the sense that Wilson could have started last week if needed. He wouldn’t practice if he wasn’t healthy. I think they want to see what they have in White. 

100% agree. Now they know, likely a backup that can come in and move the chains for a game or two. 

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The truth about Mike White: He has 8 interceptions in 3 games (and easily could have had more against the Bills), while Wilson has 9 interceptions in a little over 5 games. 

If the QB is going to be a turnover machine, give me the guy with the superior mobility and pimp my ride arm. 

I respect what White did here. Total gamer. Awesome guy to have as a backup. But let’s be real here. 

This is very short sighted.  When Zach was injured he was leading the NFL in picks, had the lowest completion percentage, was the worst rated QB in the NFL and the Jets were averaging 13 points a game, also good for worst in the NFL.  On the flip side of your take, in that same time frame and a lot less run, White has thrown for more TD's than Zach has all season and is completing passes at almost a 10% higher of a clip and is averaging 50 yards more a game as well and the offense is averaging 21 points a game and scored the most points they have all season in 1 of his 2 full games that wasnt vs. the #1 D in the NFL....in addition to the fact you're starting to see some players find themselves with White delivering the ball.  

I understand the excitement of Wilson.  I get he's the long term future of this team.  That doesnt mean it has to be next week.  Robert Saleh and the Jets need a win in the worst way, not sure Mike White doesnt give them the best chance at victory Sunday.

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

When did he run a 4.6? He skipped the 40 at his pro day.

Regardless of what we think, Wilson is going to start when he is healthy to play. He was anointed the starter at the beginning of camp without having to earn it and you have to have serious doubts about this team and coaching staff if they are backtracking from that decision halfway through Wilson’s rookie season.

it’s the Wilson show from the time he is healthy until at least the end of 2022. If it isn’t, it would be because he is injured or playing incredibly bad, which would mean Douglas and Saleh are getting canned.

15 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I’d go with White but would be changing to Wilson vs Houston barring White having another Cincy like performance.

There’s no need to hurry Zach at all. Even if he’s healthy let him get some more reps in practice and get back up to speed. He can rest up and play the easier game the following week. 

Zach was probably healthy enough to start against Buffalo. If he had been playing well before he got hurt and Mike White didn’t put up a HoF performance against Cincy, he probably would’ve. But he wasn’t playing well, and White’s performance allowed them to give him another week to get up to speed while simultaneously avoiding one of the league’s best defenses in his return. It was described as a 2-4 week injury when he got hurt, and this Sunday marks four weeks. It’s time. 

He had a good break. He got to see LaFluer’s offense operate the way it’s designed. Everyone did, and that probably raised everyone’s confidence, too. He got to hear his teammates chant his backup’s name; that had to great for him. He’s said the right things, that he needs to incorporate what White was doing into his game - something he was probably hearing from his coaches and ignoring in favor of the ESPN throws. Now he knows for sure that that works. No need to put White back in to reignite the temporary QB controversy. As long as Wilson’s ready to go (which in the NFL rarely means 100%), this is the week to get back in there and show what he can do. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Zach was probably healthy enough to start against Buffalo. If he had been playing well before he got hurt and Mike White didn’t put up a HoF performance against Cincy, he probably would’ve. But he wasn’t playing well, and White’s performance allowed them to give him another week to get up to speed while simultaneously avoiding one of the league’s best defenses in his return. It was described as a 2-4 week injury when he got hurt, and this Sunday marks four weeks. It’s time. 

He had a good break. He got to see LaFluer’s offense operate the way it’s designed. Everyone did, and that probably raised everyone’s confidence, too. He got to hear his teammates chant his backup’s name; that had to great for him. He’s said the right things, that he needs to incorporate what White was doing into his game - something he was probably hearing from his coaches and ignoring in favor of the ESPN throws. Now he knows for sure that that works. No need to put White back in to reignite the temporary QB controversy. As long as Wilson’s ready to go (which in the NFL rarely means 100%), this is the week to get back in there and show what he can do. 

He probably was and yeah I know NFL players are always playing through niggles but I just wouldn't hurry - I don't see any incentive beyond our own selfish desire to see our prized asset play. Zach didn't look ready 4 weeks ago so I doubt he suddenly will now. I'd have been happy to sit him the rest of the year if White even played at a mediocre level. Miami defence has their tails up - They see how easy their schedule looks from here and will be looking to make a statement against a Jets team they beat every year. I think this could be another awful week for Zach and I don't see how that benefits him or the Jets.

If White plays well there is no downside at all. Either his value goes up or he sucks and Zach comes in the following week. There is no QB controversy and never has been. Zach is the future and everyone knows that. No one can say the coaches played favourites or dropped White at the first sign of trouble - You give him enough rope to hang himself and if he balls out then you have an asset you didn't know you had. 

I'd rather watch Zach play then White. I'll probably skip the game if White starts - I will watch every snap with Zach. I just don't see how it benefits the team or Zach himself to put him back out there when he can benefit from waiting. 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

He probably was and yeah I know NFL players are always playing through niggles but I just wouldn't hurry - I don't see any incentive beyond our own self interest to see our prized asset play. Zach didn't look ready 4 weeks ago so I doubt he suddenly will now. I'd have been happy to sit him the rest of the year if White even played at a mediocre level. Miami defence has their tails up - They see how easy their schedule looks from here and will be looking to make a statement against a Jets team they beat every year. I think this could be another awful week for Zach and I don't see how that benefits him or the Jets.

If White plays well there is no downside at all. Either his value goes up or he sucks and Zach comes in the following week. There is no QB controversy and never has been. Zach is the future and everyone knows that. No one can say the coaches played favourites or dropped White at the first sign of trouble - You give him enough rope to hang himself and if he balls out then you have an asset you didn't know you had. 

I'd rather watch Zach play then White. I'll probably skip the game if White starts - I will watch every snap with Zach. I just don't see how it benefits the team or Zach himself to put him back out there when he can benefit from waiting. 

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

FWIW, Wilson not expected to start this week. He feels fine, but the Jets want to give him another week. 

Always knew that Bobby Salad had good judgement. 

8 hours ago, doitny said:

and he forgot the 1/4 of a game he played against NE which he looked pretty good.

Yeah, he was 6/10 for 50 or 60 yards, not to shabby

Also had a nice 2nd half vs a decent Panthers D on opening day

Sometimes we dont think when we post.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Sandlot Flirting GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He probably was and yeah I know NFL players are always playing through niggles but I just wouldn't hurry - I don't see any incentive beyond our own selfish desire to see our prized asset play. Zach didn't look ready 4 weeks ago so I doubt he suddenly will now. I'd have been happy to sit him the rest of the year if White even played at a mediocre level. Miami defence has their tails up - They see how easy their schedule looks from here and will be looking to make a statement against a Jets team they beat every year. I think this could be another awful week for Zach and I don't see how that benefits him or the Jets.

Miami has one more win than the Jets, hardly a reason for you to cower over playing them.

You think the Jets should be afraid of a 3-7 team, then I can see why you want to sit the kid.  

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

If you dont see the raw tools, if you dont see athleticism, dont get the imortance of the arm, the different arm angles etc that everyone else sees and appreciates its kind of on you.

Yeah its kind of cool much cooler than your constant hating of our rookie with a little over 5 games experience clouding your mind

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Missed the Titans game?

The Titans game was ok to good.  He had two really good throws that helped us win that game.  We could've easily lost that game however and we'd be thinking about his performance a little bit different.  

If I remember he missed some throws on one of the last drives that is part of the cause we went to overtime.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Just now, football guy said:

Wilson not starting this week is his expectation. He does expect to return next week. 

As far as this week, my gut (not from a source) is that the game of musical QBs to continues with Joe Flacco getting the nod. 

ooof.  Why?  What progress would that make for this team?

Zach has 6 starts and most Qbs need at least 12 starts to start showing improvement. There are exceptions to the rule (you might even call Mac Jones so far as being one of them) but it will be in interesting to see if he's learned anything after taking a break. If he really means what he's saying here https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-zack-wilson-my-style-of-play-needs-to-get-more-like-mike-white-s then we might see better play and a more consistent offense. If he can manage the short gain offense but still has the ability to throw long that's the definition of a franchise Qb the type Jets fans have wanted for years. 

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

White has completed 67% of his passes he has 5 TD's with a yards per attempt at a full yard better than Zach.   Wilson has less TD's a lower completion percentage by a lot.  A lower Yards per attempt by a lot.  

Wilson turns the ball over more, completes passes at a lower rate which has impacted his yards per attempt negatively and he's throwing less TD's.  

The truth is Zach, who has way more arm talent and physical skills than Mike White has been really bad.  He's failure to run the O was also retarding the development of other young players.

The truth is Wilson wasn't ready to start.   Lefleur wasn't ready to be an NFL OC and the Jets didn't have a backup plan which is totally on Saleh and Douglas.  

As a fan I bought into starting Zach and Moore being an all pro potential reciever out of the gate.   Clearly that was the message we were getting.  Pretty hard to beleive the coaching staff who were not part of the marketing plan to sell jersey's and put fans in the seats bought into it since they were there everyday.  

Lets face it the reason we are all a little shocked is they sold it to us.  The fact that they bought into their own BS is not a good sign for Saleh, Lefleur or Zach going forward.