Saleh Loves Austin Walter

jetsrule128

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Perine is not on the active roster to cut.

Walter was one of the few guys we brought over from SF. Surprised it took so long to give him a shot.

The roster on the Jets website says that he is on the roster. I definitely would cut him and add Walter.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The biggest ability is availability, when becton gets back he better stay healthy.

The issue with becton is he played well at times in his rookie year, appeared soft though tapping out of games and getting hurt.

Sounded really bad in camp, then gets hr right away.

I get the camp thing. When you are in no pads and shells it’s MUCH harder to stop speed rushers especially ones of Lawson caliber 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

OMG they missed on a 4th round running back last year and drafted their starting running back in the 4th round this year.

50% in the 4th round, sign me up for that.

And get no credit from bringing in the back from SF that their pumping over Perine.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we all do.  But RBs (for the most part) are easily replaceable/interchangeable so it’s not like we solved a major problem 

Unless we ran for 57 yards instead of 157 yards today.

Then this place would be in a frenzy complaining about the RBs and running game that JD compiled and how the running game is the QBs best friend.  .

You would have started a thread.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Unless we ran for 57 yards instead of 157 yards today.

Then this place would be in a frenzy complaining about the RBs and running game that JD compiled and how the running game is the QBs best friend.  .

You would have started a thread.  

To me, the OL is the running game. And fwiw, I do want to upgrade the OL. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

OMG they missed on a 4th round running back last year and drafted their starting running back in the 4th round this year.

Agenda's are a funny thing Maxman.  Perine is the person you mention when you have a perspective that we should change GM's every year, but you conveniently forget about Carter in the meantime. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Agenda's are a funny thing Maxman.  Perine is the person you mention when you have a perspective that we should change GM's every year, but you conveniently forget about Carter in the meantime. 

Or how people were talking Perine up before last season.  He was the speed back first and this spring the big back we needed.  

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

People are so temperamental I swear. Becton played very well last year. Now they want to throw him in the trash can. This fan base gives me a migraine 

To be fair, if it’s the trash can behind the all-you-can-eat joint, you won’t have to throw him. Just point the way 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

They went 0-3 for in the 4th round in 2020. 75% of his picks in that round are basically out of the league. That is pathetic.

And Running Back is a position you can’t miss on anywhere in the draft. F*ck as Walter shows you can get guys that contribute off the scrap heap any week of the season. Perine was a low ceiling back who had no business being drafted at all let alone in the 4th. 

It was obvious at the time. Garbage pick from a garbage GM.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

This.

Perine was a fit for Gase's system, not Saleh's. Casualty of war, move on. No big deal.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Or how people were talking Perine up before last season.  He was the speed back first and this spring the big back we needed.  

I'm on record as saying the Perine pick was trash almost from day one...JD should admit he blew it with this one and move on...it's also an indictment of the organization as a whole that Walter was buried this long..the guy has a great burst that Perine never had.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I'm on record as saying the Perine pick was trash almost from day one...JD should admit he blew it with this one and move on...it's also an indictment of the organization as a whole that Walter was buried this long..the guy has a great burst that Perine never had.

Walter has had injury issues which at least partly contributed to him not suiting up.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

yep, i don't see why all the hate of the perine pick.  okay maybe the 2020 draft isn't looking really good but compared to what?  2021's?  they still got players who are starters in becton, davis and mann.  the jury is still out on clark, mims, zuniga.  and they got morgan back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

That would make sense if Perine were playing.  Having him inactive every week is admitting he isnt good enough.  Then when the 4th back was needed they activated the back no one knew was on the team, not Perine.  Walter was used when Carter went down.  He wasnt one of the top 3 backs on the team.  Still isnt.