We like the good PFF grades. We don't like the bad PFF grades.

AFJF

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF can't possibly know as much as people here know from watching the game from the last row of section 345 while intoxicated. 

There are not many people on this Board who think trading Jamal Adams for what JD fleeced the Seahawks for was a bad idea.   There was no way Adams was worth what the Seahawks had to pay him in salary, ignoring the draft picks.

I could have argued that keeping JA in 2020 would have resulted in a few extra wins, which could have been meaningless.  Actually, I believe we will argue in a few years that we would have been better off in 2020 if we won a few more games, and picked lower in the 2021 draft.

But JD was not getting the compensation he received by holding onto Adams.  So trading him when he did was a good move.  

The Seahawks fell into the trap of mortgaging their future to try and win a SB last year with Adams.  That did not work.  They then doubled-down on the trap of having to keep and pay Adams rather than cutting their losses, to save face.  Given what is happening in Arizona, John Lynch sort of knowing what he is doing in SF, and the Rams, and the age of Pete Carroll, I think the Seahawks are on a downward trajectory.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I swear to god...I am going to be on this planet another 45 years, and when I am 98, I will be on a Jet fan site where somebody is going to say "If we would have JUST kept Jamal Adams, he would have taken us to the Super Bowl."

Save enough strength to make your last act on this Earth dropping a crucial neg-rep on @Pac

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of players that Douglas and Gase were dead balls right about, Robby Anderson currently has 29 receptions on 69 targets, which is almost impossible to do. 

But good franchises keep their players.

Couldn't be that their teams are good because their players are good and therefore worth keeping.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, varjet said:

There are not many people on this Board who think trading Jamal Adams for what JD fleeced the Seahawks for was a bad idea.   There was no way Adams was worth what the Seahawks had to pay him in salary, ignoring the draft picks.

I could have argued that keeping JA in 2020 would have resulted in a few extra wins, which could have been meaningless.  Actually, I believe we will argue in a few years that we would have been better off in 2020 if we won a few more games, and picked lower in the 2021 draft.

But JD was not getting the compensation he received by holding onto Adams.  So trading him when he did was a good move.  

The Seahawks fell into the trap of mortgaging their future to try and win a SB last year with Adams.  That did not work.  They then doubled-down on the trap of having to keep and pay Adams rather than cutting their losses, to save face.  Given what is happening in Arizona, John Lynch sort of knowing what he is doing in SF, and the Rams, and the age of Pete Carroll, I think the Seahawks are on a downward trajectory.  

The Seahawaks are screwed. Their QB is headed somewhere else next year and they have no 1st round pick and just gave huge money to their GM and coach. 

They look to be headed down the 7-10 and worse type of team with a stop gap mid aged FA QB for the next 2-3 year till they can reset. 

Poor JA

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Seahawaks are screwed. Their QB is headed somewhere else next year and they have no 1st round pick and just gave huge money to their GM and coach. 

They look to be headed down the 7-10 and worse type of team with a stop gap mid aged FA QB for the next 2-3 year till they can reset. 

Poor JA

Russell Wilson is under contract for two more years with a significant amount of dead money involved if they decide to trade him. He may want out, but it’s no guarantee. Far from it. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Poor JA

If only they had draft picks 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

PFF is trash. Always has been and always will be 

Even when it gives me news I like

Eh it’s a good starting point. The guys with trash scores are usually trash and the guys with great ones are usually at least good. From there you can look up film and break it down. It’s impossible to tell based on purely watching the game live once. They watch it multiple times grading each player. Like for instance the play where Ashton Davis appeared to be beat a few weeks ago, the fans were screaming about how bad he is, when I’m reality it was dunn who screwed up and Davis was trying to correct his mistake. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, slats said:

Russell Wilson is under contract for two more years with a significant amount of dead money involved if they decide to trade him. He may want out, but it’s no guarantee. Far from it. 

And he looks like he’s done. Either physically or he’s just given up. 

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And he looks like he’s done. Either physically or he’s just given up. 

He was playing incredible football before he broke his finger.

image.png.bd6e3c3cd7b5dd0f1edff407b9e5b92f.png

How can someone say (Russ) Wilson is done but get annoyed when people say (Zach) Wilson stinks?

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of players that Douglas and Gase were dead balls right about, Robby Anderson currently has 29 receptions on 69 targets, which is almost impossible to do. 

Its no suprise robby is having bad year his main QB was sam darnold and his current QB is cooked. If teddy can make him a 1,000 yard reciever. Imagine what a good QB could do with him. We will never know of course cause he sign that extension. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Its no suprise robby is having bad year his main QB was sam darnold and his current QB is cooked. If teddy can make him a 1,000 yard reciever. Imagine what a good QB could do with him. We will never know of course cause he sign that extension. 

I posted this at the end of October. Too lazy to update the numbers but since Darnold's best games were at the beginning of the season, it's probably even worse.

-Robby's YPG has cratered from 68.5 with Teddy to 29 with Darnold. Not only is he being targeted 1.5 times less per game (and this is with Curtis Samuel and his 97 targets now in WAS) but more troubling is what has happened to the value of those targets. In 2020, Robby's yards per target was a respectable 8.2 (#65 out of 153 qualifying pass catchers). This year? 4.2 (#144 out of 146). That is... ******* terrible for an outside WR. Only two poor RBs -- Mike Davis and Miles Gaskins -- are lower.

-DJ Moore's story is in many ways worse. Under "pop gun" Teddy, Moore was 10th in the league with an average yards per target of 10.1 -- borderline elite and he did this over a significant sample size after putting up 1,200 yards last year. This year... brace yourself... Moore's YPT is 8.0 which is.... #65. The exact same as Robby's rank under Teddy. Yeah, that Darnold is such a gunslinger. /sarcasm

tl;dr: Sam Darnold turned DJ Moore into Robby Anderson and turned Robby Anderson into the least efficient WR in the NFL. QB makes the weapons, not the other way around.