Tankathon Week 13 Edition

Colts (6-6) @ Texans (2-9)

Taylor is 2-3 on the season. So with him under center, the Texans have a shot.

Jaguars (2-9) @ Rams (7-4)

We beat the Rams, can the Jags make a surprise win of their own?

49ers (6-5) @ Seahawks (3-9)

Competitive matchup for the Hawks. Go 9ers!

Giants (4-7) @ Dolphins (5-6)

A Giants win would give us some cushion in the draft standings over a Dolphins team who will remain competitive throughtour the year.

Panthers (Bye Week)

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Lions win however we're pretty much out of the #1 overall reach.

Not really. We are only a game and a half out, that tie of theirs could screw them. 

#1 doesnt even matter this year, just give us a top 3-5 and we are golden. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not really. We are only a game and a half out, that tie of theirs could screw them. 

#1 doesnt even matter this year, just give us a top 3-5 and we are golden. 

A game and a half basically would mean the Lions would have to finish with two more wins then us the rest of the way. That's no happening however we'll all chear them on vs the Seahawks.

Agree that we're in good shape with a top 5 and along with possibly a top 10 pick.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

A game and a half basically would mean the Lions would have to finish with two more wins then us the rest of the way. That's no happening however we'll all chear them on vs the Seahawks.

Agree that we're in good shape with a top 5 and along with possibly a top 10 pick.

Yeah that's a good point. I think we are solid no matter how we look at it. 

• Upvote 1

To be honest i am not liking the way this is shaping up for our needs.  I can see us missing out on the top couple of pass rushers.

There are some good wrs but not a super dominant top 5 pick kind of guy imo.

As I've said before, i am also worried about favoring defense and not taking the best guy if he is sitting there for us (like an Evan Neal)

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

To be honest i am not liking the way this is shaping up for our needs.  I can see us missing out on the top couple of pass rushers.

As I've said before, i am also worried about favoring defense and not taking the best guy if he is sitting there for us (like an Evan Neal)

The Jets are so lacking in talent that they should be finding potential starters well into Rounds 2 and 3.  Whether they draft at #4 and #5 or #7 and #8, they'll find guys who should be able to step in immediately.  Sure, I'd love the pick of the litter as well and guys like Hutchinson, Thibodeaux and Neal are fantastic but let's not forget that AVT is probably the best football player (regardless of position) on the offense and he was taken at #14.  The Jets best WR is looking to be Elijah Moore and he wasn't taken until #34.

The Jets need Edge rushers, linebackers, safeties, offensive linemen, tight ends and wide receivers.  (lol  What don't we need???)

I think there will be some guys who can help them in the 6-10 area if that's where they end up.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I’ve been doing a mock draft every week for a while.   I don’t even know what to root for.

I’m not sold on most of the big names.  Sometimes it feels like they need to hype someone, so they look at the high value positions and start the hype train.  It’s tough to say “don’t take a center too early” when there might be lots of early busts lol   

it’s been said elsewhere but the combine might be really interesting and provide clarity on how good all those edges might be.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’ve been doing a mock draft every week for a while.   I don’t even know what to root for.

I’m not sold on most of the big names.  Sometimes it feels like they need to hype someone, so they look at the high value positions and start the hype train.  It’s tough to say “don’t take a center too early” when there might be lots of early busts lol   

it’s been said elsewhere but the combine might be really interesting and provide clarity on how good all those edges might be.  

Ive been doing about 3 a day LOL.  Been looking at alot of under radar guys since a trade back in rounds 1 & 2  would enable us to add players.  If we can do that, we could acquire a boatload of very talented players.  Have seen alot of film and profiles. I'm drooling over these guys: DT  Leal, LB Loyd, RB Spiller, Edge Sanders, S Joseph, CB Wright, TE McBride, DT Haskell, LB Muma, S Verone McKinley, OT Raimann,  WR Rambo.  

• Upvote 1

Ive been doing about 3 a day LOL.  Been looking at alot of under radar guys since a trade back in rounds 1 & 2  would enable us to add players.  If we can do that, we could acquire a boatload of very talented players.  Have seen alot of film and profiles. I'm drooling over these guys: DT  Leal, LB Loyd, RB Spiller, Edge Sanders, S Joseph, CB Wright, TE McBride, DT Haskell, LB Muma, S Verone McKinley, OT Raimann,  WR Rambo.  
I think alot of those guys you are drooling over are not really under the radar prospects...those are guys who should be gone within the first three rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Tanking just isn't the joyride on a 55-ton death machine that it is when we're doing it for a QB

What else do we have left at this point.  We are 3 and 9.  We have an historically inept defense.  Kickers can't make kicks.  Rookie QB is struggling.  I want to see the team win games.  Was happy with last week's win, would have liked to see them build on it and get another W yesterday, but it didn't happen.

At least the draft gives us opportunities to talk about how we can get better.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

What else do we have left at this point.  We are 3 and 9.  We have an historically inept defense.  Kickers can't make kicks.  Rookie QB is struggling.  I want to see the team win games.  Was happy with last week's win, would have liked to see them build on it and get another W yesterday, but it didn't happen.

Oh, don't I know it. Come Halloween, the Draft is our Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think the only team ahead of the Jets that would go with a pass rusher is Detroit. Jax needs O lineman, and I think the Texans will go CB.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets are so lacking in talent that they should be finding potential starters well into Rounds 2 and 3.  Whether they draft at #4 and #5 or #7 and #8, they'll find guys who should be able to step in immediately.  Sure, I'd love the pick of the litter as well and guys like Hutchinson, Thibodeaux and Neal are fantastic but let's not forget that AVT is probably the best football player (regardless of position) on the offense and he was taken at #14.  The Jets best WR is looking to be Elijah Moore and he wasn't taken until #34.

The Jets need Edge rushers, linebackers, safeties, offensive linemen, tight ends and wide receivers.  (lol  What don't we need???)

I think there will be some guys who can help them in the 6-10 area if that's where they end up.

I am susceptible to recency bias but after yesterday I think we need to draft with an emphasis on D (pass-rusher) but I would like one more stud interior Olineman if possible.  Oh yeah, and TE.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I think alot of those guys you are drooling over are not really under the radar prospects...those are guys who should be gone within the first three rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Comparing them to the big bigger names Like Hutch, Theiboux, Neal  - 3rd rounders are often hit or miss. We'ver seen our share but isnt that what makes a 5 star GM? Finding talent in mid rounds. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I am susceptible to recency bias but after yesterday I think we need to draft with an emphasis on D (pass-rusher) but I would like one more stud interior Olineman if possible.  Oh yeah, and TE.

Edge rusher, OL, TE, LB, WR would probably be my pecking order right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

The draft is all I got ?  It's the way to build a team though its an excrutiatingly slow process.  JD has made some nice picks and has had some misses. All GM's do. Next year's draft is critical. We have many picks and JD really needs to hit on the majority of them. The talent in this upcoming draft is really exciting.  Plus there is FA and we have the bucks to splurge yet again.  Next year, we will see a very different team.  Needs: A center,  guard, RT on the OL. and there are some really promising ones scattered throught the first 4 rounds.  LB's, LB's LB's. Mosley is gone after next year. We need at least 2 in this draft, 2 of these please Lloyd, B Smith, Muma. We need not 1 BUT 2 safties: Again, there's 5 or 6 that entice.  CB: a high prospect at least by round 3 - Mykel Wright PLEASE!  RB: we must get a cow bell RB: Spiller can be had early in round 2.  Zach needs this kid to take the pressure off. WR: No real must haves but a few sleepers late in draft.  DL: Leal should be there around pick 5-7. We will miss out on Hutch and Thibeoux. But Leal is a Manimal and can play edge AND DT.  Immediately fortifies the DL. IMO he is a MUST pick.  Edge: Sanders. Havent heard much about him? Watch Cincinnati in the college playoffs. TE: No reason we cant draft 2. There are like 10 in this draft that put our TE's to shame.  

We have 9 picks. No reason JD doesnt hit on all of them and add a couple.  Its not like we dont have dire needs across the board. As per availabilty PFN Mock simulator.

• First-round pick (own)  DE Leal
  • First-round pick (via SeaHawks) (Trade back- get a mid #1, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th) LB Lloyd
  • Second-round pick (own)  RB Spiller
  • Second-round pick (via Carolina in Sam Darnold trade) Edge Sanders 
  • Second - round pick (via trade) - S Battle
  • Third-round pick (own) CB Wright
  • Third - round pick via trade - TE McBride
  • Fourth-round pick (via Carolina in Sam Darnold trade) LB Muma
  • Fourth-round pick (via Minnesota in Chris Herndon trade)  OT Rasheed Walker
  • Fifth-round pick (own) Edge Gunter
  • Fifth-round pick (via Pittsburgh in Avery Williamson trade) TE Wylie

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The draft is all I got ?  It's the way to build a team though its an excrutiatingly slow process.  JD has made some nice picks and has had some misses. All GM's do. Next year's draft is critical. We have many picks and JD really needs to hit on the majority of them. The talent in this upcoming draft is really exciting.  Plus there is FA and we have the bucks to splurge yet again.  Next year, we will see a very different team.  Needs: A center,  guard, RT on the OL. and there are some really promising ones scattered throught the first 4 rounds.  LB's, LB's LB's. Mosley is gone after next year. We need at least 2 in this draft, 2 of these please Lloyd, B Smith, Muma. We need not 1 BUT 2 safties: Again, there's 5 or 6 that entice.  CB: a high prospect at least by round 3 - Mykel Wright PLEASE!  RB: we must get a cow bell RB: Spiller can be had early in round 2.  Zach needs this kid to take the pressure off. WR: No real must haves but a few sleepers late in draft.  DL: Leal should be there around pick 5-7. We will miss out on Hutch and Thibeoux. But Leal is a Manimal and can play edge AND DT.  Immediately fortifies the DL. IMO he is a MUST pick.  Edge: Sanders. Havent heard much about him? Watch Cincinnati in the college playoffs. TE: No reason we cant draft 2. There are like 10 in this draft that put our TE's to shame.  

We have 9 picks. No reason JD doesnt hit on all of them and add a couple.  Its not like we dont have dire needs across the board. As per availabilty PFN Mock simulator.

• First-round pick (via SeaHawks) (Trade back- get a mid #1, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th) LB Lloyd

Center and RG are more important IMO than RB and 3 Edge Rushers...

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Given the immense needs on Defense and the emergence of Carter, I would say there is a zero percent chance we use a 2nd round pick on a RB. 

In your scenario, we do have 5 picks in first 2 rounds so doubling up at RB and taking Spiller isn't crazy, but I would bet that LBer/DB/TE would be much higher on the list EVEN If we used other picks to improve those positions. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Center and RG are more important IMO than RB and 3 Edge Rushers...

Spiller is no ordinary RB. Look what’s the Colts RB has done this year. We need an elite RB. And you can’t have enough pitching, I mean edge rushers in Saleh’s defense. Leak would play DT in this scenario. Lawson is a question mark.