Anybody going to the Army Navy Game?

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My wife, brother, and I will be going to the Jets vs Saints game on Sunday and since we were in town, we decided to go to the Army Navy game as well.  

Anybody else going?  I guess it's supposed to rain, but that's cool

#BeatNavy

Wear your Elijah Riley jersey and enjoy!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My wife, brother, and I will be going to the Jets vs Saints game on Sunday and since we were in town, we decided to go to the Army Navy game as well.  

Anybody else going?  I guess it's supposed to rain, but that's cool

#BeatNavy

That should clearly favor Navy.

• Upvote 1

John Feinstein's book about Army/Navy is one of my favorite sports books ever written. Everyone talks about OSU/Mich and Bama/Auburn as the top rivalries but there is nothing quite like Army/Navy. Highly underrated and can be found for stupid cheap if you are ever looking for a good Sunday read:

https://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-College-Footballs-Rivalry/dp/0316278246

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

John Feinstein's book about Army/Navy is one of my favorite sports books ever written. Everyone talks about OSU/Mich and Bama/Auburn as the top rivalries but there is nothing quite like Army/Navy. Highly underrated and can be found for stupid cheap if you are ever looking for a good Sunday read:

https://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-College-Footballs-Rivalry/dp/0316278246

Love, love , love that book.??

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, usanyj said:

The game is often not the most exciting, but I’ve always wanted to go for the opening ceremony, the national anthem, seeing a president. That is worth the price of admission in my eyes. One year I hope to go.

You left out the most wonderful part of this classic. At the end of the game, both teams go together to both student sections, losing side first, remove their helmets, and stand at attention while the alma matter is sung by each respective side. Trust me, from one who was fortunate to attend this game many years ago, it quite a moving experience. This tradition is why all cadets and midshipmen wear shirts that read "sing last." It means you won. Do whatever it takes to go to one, I promise you you'll never , ever forget, or regret it.

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2021 at 10:04 AM, section314 said:

You left out the most wonderful part of this classic. At the end of the game, both teams go together to both student sections, losing side first, remove their helmets, and stand at attention while the alma matter is sung by each respective side. Trust me, from one who was fortunate to attend this game many years ago, it quite a moving experience. This tradition is why all cadets and midshipmen wear shirts that read "sing last." It means you won. Do whatever it takes to go to one, I promise you you'll never , ever forget, or regret it.

I’ve never been to Army Navy but been to a bunch of Army games at West Point. 

The paratroopers jumping out of blackhawks landing on the 50 and the last jumper unzipping his pack and handing the game ball to the ref? 

The helo sounds echoing off the cliffs, the jumpers circling back and forth over the Hudson and the stadium?thanks 

So cool. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’ve never been to Army Navy but been to a bunch of Army games at West Point. 

The paratroopers jumping out of blackhawks landing on the 50 and the last jumper unzipping his pack and handing the game ball to the ref? 

The helo sounds echoing off the cliffs, the jumpers circling back and forth over the Hudson and the stadium?thanks 

So cool. 

Knowing what all these young men and women may have to do some day, let’s leave it at this……,,Go Army, Go Navy????

• Upvote 2

Love the fact that this game is still scheduled as the only game of the last Saturday of the regular season.  These guys deserve their day in the spotlight.  Entertaining game so far. 

Underrated aspect of Army-Navy is that these guys are so well disciplined that there usually are very few penalties -- refs do not have the need or opportunity to take this one over.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1