Saleh Covid+

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That’s because nobody is vaccinated to omnicron it didn’t exist when the vaccine was made, Pfizer said weeks ago they would need about 90 days to dial in the formula to protect against omnicron, get vaccinated for Delta and original virus sure, but don’t bother imo with another shot for omnicron it won’t work only catching the omnicron virus will give you immunity to it.  This will and already is spreading faster and is less potent then the common cold, it is basically the common cold as someone said before the same class of virus, that’s how they were able to make the vaccine so fast they been experimenting with one for the common cold for decades.

They do not have a test that tells or identifies what variant you have. They are just making sh*t up as they go along. So how are they going to know their vaccine works? OTOH the previous vaccines have not worked as sold.

Back to football at this point all I care is about is player development and draft position As we are not playoff bound per usual. So whoever coaches this week doesn't matter as I just hope the people recover and get healthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

By and large that's their own decision though. Everyone doesn't need to shut down because of a decision others make.

It's  starting to happen. Right now from what I have learned, to have like 70% immunity,  you need to be boosted. A lot of people aren't.  If you just have the 2 doses, you have like 30% which isn't  very high, at least that is what I have heard on TV. The other thing they are saying is even if you had Delta, you have no immunity to this new one. I pretty much agree with all the sports teams are doing all things considered. i ha e a feeling we might get through the regular season but cancel the playoffs if things don't  improve. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've listened to him - interesting. I dug into one of the things he said that I heard otherwise on and it basically turns into a semantic thing where he's technically correct but functionally wrong - making his argument intellectually dishonest. Kind of makes me distrust the rest of what he had to say but I don't fully write him off ... yet.

I'm curious as to what that is? If you want to PM with it, please do. One thing that is for certain and he is 100% correct on is that there is no out patient (in home) treatment being pushed and there has been a concerted effort to block or "cover up" what has been discovered. Its just ,oh you have covid, go home and rest and if it gets worse we'll admit you. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Definitely more prevalent in NY than it was in FL. Barely even think about it in Florida. Cant remember the last time the office even referenced it. Visiting NY for xmas and everyone is still at home it seems. Feel bad for the restaurants.

Two weeks ago my wife and I went on a date night in the city.  We couldn't get a reservation.  Ended up going to a place in Little Korea that was just a put your name on the list type place.

Don't worry about the restaurants - They're fine.  Unless you're talking about the midtown lunch spots - but nothing's changed in that regard.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There's a zero percent chance the playoffs get cancelled. 

Well, they just put 51 players on the Covid list this past Monday. If the whole team has Covid, how will they field a team. Last night I watched the Knicks and Pistons and the Pistons had D league players signed to 10 day contracts because they couldn't  get q2 healthy  players together. The NHL actually paused the season. What makes you think the playoffs are going to be on with this stuff happening  in the other major sports. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Two weeks ago my wife and I went on a date night in the city.  We couldn't get a reservation.  Ended up going to a place in Little Korea that was just a put your name on the list type place.

Don't worry about the restaurants - They're fine.  Unless you're talking about the midtown lunch spots - but nothing's changed in that regard.

How many have closed over the last 2 years? 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Well, they just put 51 players on the Covid list this past Monday. If the whole team has Covid, how will they field a team. Last night I watched the Knicks and Pistons and the Pistons had D league players signed to 10 day contracts because they couldn't  get q2 healthy  players together. The NHL actually paused the season. What makes you think the playoffs are going to be on with this stuff happening  in the other major sports. 

Maybe postpone. Maybe change the protocols. But outright cancelling will never happen.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  starting to happen. Right now from what I have learned, to have like 70% immunity,  you need to be boosted. A lot of people aren't.  If you just have the 2 doses, you have like 30% which isn't  very high, at least that is what I have heard on TV. The other thing they are saying is even if you had Delta, you have no immunity to this new one. I pretty much agree with all the sports teams are doing all things considered. i ha e a feeling we might get through the regular season but cancel the playoffs if things don't  improve. 

So boosters and game stoppages in perpetuity every time a new variant comes around? Which at this point has been 8 since Sept 2020. 

They'll never cancel games and they're going to have to seriously over haul their protocols in the off season because it has created competitive disadvantages. The last thing the NFL needs is Mahomes or Brady testing positive and missing a game and with the current rules you're playing a game of chance that it won't happen in a meaningful game. 

I have Covid.  it is likely Omicron.  Its like a mild cold.  

But this game is heading toward a Jets disaster.  Its a huge game for Saleh/JD to prove after 3 years they are not the worst.  The covid outs are a real reason, but it may not matter if the game is ugly enough.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I thought the league was going to stop testing. Unless all of these guys were showing symptoms, which seems unlikely. I mean most of these guys are nobodies but still..

Scariest part is that the Jets are losing 15 people and there's like 4 of them you care, one of which was on IR already.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

So boosters and game stoppages in perpetuity every time a new variant comes around? Which at this point has been 8 since Sept 2020. 

They'll never cancel games and they're going to have to seriously over haul their protocols in the off season because it has created competitive disadvantages. The last thing the NFL needs is Mahomes or Brady testing positive and missing a game and with the current rules you're playing a game of chance that it won't happen in a meaningful game. 

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head imo. If a QB for a playoff team gets this, and actually gets very sick and can't  play for like 2 weeks, how are you going to have playoffs. When they say on TV that people are not getting very ill, they mean they are not going to the hospital  but this is still a bad flu/cold or whatever. People in my office have Covid, so many they told us not to come in. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

It’s a bit odd. Universities are way more lax with protocol and don’t have nearly the same amount leeway with respect to making everyone bubble it for the time being. Seems an easy fix for asymptomatic exposure especially with such a high percentage vaxxed. Then again colleges are canceling a ton of sports at a clip right now so who knows. 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Insert generic argument here... "You're just dumb and selfish, and if you would just do as you're told, we wouldnt have to keep talking about it" 

I’m totally ok with people not vaccinating. Not ok with the idea that you can stay unvaccinated and then not wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. 

the sheeple argument is also generic. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oof. Hard position to be in with this type of job and a family that big. End of the day this is just a game and he’s a dad. Good vibes out to that guy, gonna be a weird few weeks for his family.

Don't they all live in an apartment together too? Holy hell.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

NFL is like 95% + vaccinated, yet tons of infections..... NBA and NHL similar. 

That's to be expected because omicron is a new variant that mutated after the vaccines were authorized. Unless boosted even double vaccinated folks will have low immunity to contagion but in most cases resistance to serious illness (will manifest as a cold or not at all). Even among boosted you have about 20% chance of contagion if exposed according to last data I saw this week. 

Amongst the unvaccinated the risk of serious health risks is still material. The relative hospitalization rates are staggering. 

Unfortunately, even though we have high vaccination rates (though under what we should given availability) the booster penetration is still quite low. 

Outcome is that Omicron is spreading like wild fire and became the dominant variant in weeks. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

That's to be expected because omicron is a new variant that mutated after the vaccines were authorized. Unless boosted even double vaccinated folks will have low immunity to contagion but in most cases resistance to serious illness (will manifest as a cold or not at all). Even among boosted you have about 20% chance of contagion if exposed according to last data I saw this week. 

Amongst the unvaccinated the risk of serious health risks is still material. The relative hospitalization rates are staggering. 

Unfortunately, even though we have high vaccination rates (though under what we should given availability) the booster penetration is still quite low. 

Outcome is that Omicron is spreading like wild fire and became the dominant variant in weeks. 

this is what happens when you have a vaccine, if you understand virology, this is exactly what viruses will do. And as soon as they booster you with Omnicron, the next variant will come out. This will never end, there is no way out of this, its life from here out

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1