Saleh Covid+

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The vaccine wears off a little after time so the most consistent thing I have heard is that people with the booster are the most protected but all vaccinated people get the disease less and have less severe symptoms. The thing I am struggling with a bit is that the new variant does not really seem to be more dangerous than the common cold (which is also a covid virus) as opposed to the original variants which were orders of magnitude more dangerous.

Yea if what they're saying about the omicron variant is true it really doesn't seem to be a threat compared to prior iterations. I posted an article earlier where they're thinking vaccinated +infection gives "super immunity", which could mean this omicron spreading is actually a blessing rather than the dooms day some are suggesting.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea if what they're saying about the omicron variant is true it really doesn't seem to be a threat compared to prior iterations. I posted an article earlier where they're thinking vaccinated +infection gives "super immunity", which could mean this omicron spreading is actually a blessing rather than the dooms day some are suggesting.

It's a light cold. Runny nose etc. If you are vaccinated it's a cold. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Pretty foolish thought. Covid would spread to everyone's families and the elderly. I agree you should live your life, but if you contract the disease you need to be quarantined. My neighbor is a Dr. at Yale and he said the beds are full with Covid patients - 80% are unvaccinated and 20% are vaccinated without a booster. Also said people are dying every day. But hey, why not play a game while infected. 

Back to this old addage of the beds are full, we're going to crush the system, we need 5 million ventilators. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Best information I have found is it’s 2. -  2.5 times more contagious than delta, which was more contagious than other strains, and there is no reliable data that it is less deadly. Also no reliable data that it is more deadly. 

Need to take it seriously. 

my work already went back to masks indoors. 

I don’t get this contagious thing I’ve caught the common cold twice the last 2 months but never Covid ever, don’t mask cause they don’t work, I wash my hands and be mindful, I never locked myself up for this thing went to work, yes physically got in the car and drove to my job since the beginning I’m essential.  I really hope I catch this omnicron thing soon so I can completely put this behind if I already don’t have immunity from this thing.

41 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

How do you cancel a wedding in less than 10 days? 

You don't. 

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The vaccine largely protects you from having a severe case, no?

No way of really knowing to what degree the vaccine "lessens" symptoms since people have tested positive with no symptoms and others vaxxed have died anyway.

The answer is probable some benefit but what is clear is that the vax is a therapeutic not an immunization. No one is immune and we all will eventually get it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That’s because nobody is vaccinated to omnicron it didn’t exist when the vaccine was made, Pfizer said weeks ago they would need about 90 days to dial in the formula to protect against omnicron, get vaccinated for Delta and original virus sure, but don’t bother imo with another shot for omnicron it won’t work only catching the omnicron virus will give you immunity to it.  This will and already is spreading faster and is less potent then the common cold, it is basically the common cold as someone said before the same class of virus, that’s how they were able to make the vaccine so fast they been experimenting with one for the common cold for decades.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The vaccine largely protects you from having a severe case, no?

Not clear yet.  Should be clear very soon.  

At some point if Covid becomes like a cold or flu for those vacinated they have to be able to move on with their lives without quarantines.  Those who don't get the vacine should probably be moved to Devils Island and denied ventilators.   

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Amazing. 

I read on PFF that Saleh has 1 kid for every good half of football his team has played this season.

If you judge it by that metric the possibility the 7th maybe even the 6th may not be his. 12 halves of goodish football is the ceiling me thinks. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There's pretty clear statistical evidence that vaccinated people are having less severe cases. Agree with the rest of what you're saying.

It's convoluted at best. Theres a dr, Peter McCullough, who does a good job explaining the trials and the evidence from it. I don't want to get the thread locked so I'll leave it at that if you want to research. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If you judge it by that metric the possibility the 7th maybe even the 6th may not be his. 12 halves of goodish football is the ceiling me thinks. 

Did we just uncover an infidelity?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

It's convoluted at best. Theres a dr, Peter McCullough, who does a good job explaining the trials and the evidence from it. I don't want to get the thread locked so I'll leave it at that if you want to research. 

I've listened to him - interesting. I dug into one of the things he said that I heard otherwise on and it basically turns into a semantic thing where he's technically correct but functionally wrong - making his argument intellectually dishonest. Kind of makes me distrust the rest of what he had to say but I don't fully write him off ... yet.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

Best information I have found is it’s 2. -  2.5 times more contagious than delta, which was more contagious than other strains, and there is no reliable data that it is less deadly. Also no reliable data that it is more deadly. 

Need to take it seriously. 

my work already went back to masks indoors. 

My place has practically  gone back to work at home and only come to the office to drip off paperwork or checks. . 

• Upvote 1