Saleh Covid+

33 minutes ago, varjet said:

I have Covid.  it is likely Omicron.  Its like a mild cold.  

But this game is heading toward a Jets disaster.  Its a huge game for Saleh/JD to prove after 3 years they are not the worst.  The covid outs are a real reason, but it may not matter if the game is ugly enough.  

Can I ask your age range w/o getting too personal.?

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

this is what happens when you have a vaccine, if you understand virology, this is exactly what viruses will do. And as soon as they booster you with Omnicron, the next variant will come out. This will never end, there is no way out of this, its life from here out

The US Army just developed a vaccine that protects against ALL variants of SARS Covid. Now, when will it hit the streets???

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My experience with the cost of children is relegated to one screaming demon, I can’t even fathom what seven must cost but just the thought of it is giving me hives.

With 5 it was a lot like playing Monopoly, except every time you rolled the dice you ended up on Boardwalk with hotels. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

That's to be expected because omicron is a new variant that mutated after the vaccines were authorized. Unless boosted even double vaccinated folks will have low immunity to contagion but in most cases resistance to serious illness (will manifest as a cold or not at all). Even among boosted you have about 20% chance of contagion if exposed according to last data I saw this week. 

Amongst the unvaccinated the risk of serious health risks is still material. The relative hospitalization rates are staggering. 

Unfortunately, even though we have high vaccination rates (though under what we should given availability) the booster penetration is still quite low. 

Outcome is that Omicron is spreading like wild fire and became the dominant variant in weeks. 

Lets just hope the next variant isn't much different/worse

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My experience with the cost of children is relegated to one screaming demon, I can’t even fathom what seven must cost but just the thought of it is giving me hives.

2 was all I could handle, couldn't imagine 7

Can I ask your age range w/o getting too personal.?

Not sure about his, but I am 45. Quit smoking almost 3 years ago, but smoked for 24 years prior to that a pack a day. I smoke marijuana daily, am about 30 pounds over optimal weight but not obese by any stretch of the imagination. I don’t exercise regularly and my profession has me all over the place amongst very large crowds of people that rarely take any precautions at all. It took me almost a year to get it from when it first surfaced, and I honestly didn’t take many precautions to avoid it. When I got it was Feb. of 2020, when the strain was at its strongest. I was very tired for 12 days and had a terrible migraine throughout. Day 13 I felt the best I have in years honestly, probably because I slept most of the 12 days. Since then again I am amongst constant crowds of different people, none of whom take very many precautions at all, some of whom turned out to have had Covid themselves and exposed me in some cases sharing a joint with them. Still never got sick. And I genuinely know at least 100 people, mostly in much worse health than me that all came out the same. Also I never got vaxxed, and my experience has validated my decision not to. I’m not downplaying any of it, but there a massive amount of unjustified fear being peddled right now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Northeast and I totally agree with you.

I've been living my life like there is nothing going on.  Especially with this variant, symptoms like a mild cold? 

Yeah, I'm good.  Told my friend last night that his daughter should tell folks "come, don't come, up to you but if you don't come, send a present and we're done" lol.  

I think most people living 10 miles away from both coasts or certain major cities have moved on with their lives.  It's just so draining hearing it beat into our heads all day every day by the media and talking heads.  

I know this easily devolve into an off topic discussion but the minute this virus was found in wildlife and there were tons of breakthrough cases the jig was up.  People who are risk should don’t they can to not get this crud but that doesn’t mean we need to hear it 24/7 or that the pres wants to mandate this or that.  It’s here and just about everyone can count on catching it.  The issue then is whether or not the treatments are effective or there are going to be therapeutics to prevent severe illness.  And it took 2 years for the Spanish flu to devolve into something less deadly.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  starting to happen. Right now from what I have learned, to have like 70% immunity,  you need to be boosted. A lot of people aren't.  If you just have the 2 doses, you have like 30% which isn't  very high, at least that is what I have heard on TV. The other thing they are saying is even if you had Delta, you have no immunity to this new one. I pretty much agree with all the sports teams are doing all things considered. i ha e a feeling we might get through the regular season but cancel the playoffs if things don't  improve. 

im more worried if they cancel all the pre draft stuff like they did in 2020. 

we all know how bad a draft that was for us, and then how good 2021 was when things went back to normal. this is too important of a draft to have no pro days , no combine, no physicals....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

im more worried if they cancel all the pre draft stuff like they did in 2020. 

we all know how bad a draft that was for us, and then how good 2021 was when things went back to normal. this is too important of a draft to have no pro days , no combine, no physicals....

Give it some time. This variant is a cold. If you are vaccinated there shouldnt be any reason to quarantine or cancel events etc. As mentioned earlier the hysteria is really just confined to the northeast and Cali. It's crazy in NY right now lol...I'm hoping people come to their senses a bit and calm down.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

The vast majority of people who have passed were not vaccinated. 

They also don't consider someone vaccinated until 14 days after their second dose, and shortly everyone who is 6 months out from their second jab will not be considered vaccinated. Not until they get their booster will they be considered vaccinated. This is already happening here and and in other countries.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, RobR said:

They also don't consider someone vaccinated until 14 days after their second dose, and shortly everyone who is 6 months out from their second jab will not be considered vaccinated. Not until they get their booster will they be considered vaccinated. This is already happening here and and in other countries.

I guess we'll see with this new shot the Army developed. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  starting to happen. Right now from what I have learned, to have like 70% immunity,  you need to be boosted. A lot of people aren't.  If you just have the 2 doses, you have like 30% which isn't  very high, at least that is what I have heard on TV. The other thing they are saying is even if you had Delta, you have no immunity to this new one. I pretty much agree with all the sports teams are doing all things considered. i ha e a feeling we might get through the regular season but cancel the playoffs if things don't  improve. 

At this rate we are going to have to refer to the booster shots by Roman numerals. 

"I just scheduled booster XXVI for next Friday".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Many - But, that's a different conversation.  Also, many were closing and heading in that direction before this.

Most restaurants go out of business. It’s just a numbers game. Takes about 7 years of all-in hustle to get to stability.

Nobody cared until “think of all the restaurants” became a plea for why we shouldn’t take steps to mitigate a pandemic.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

The US Army just developed a vaccine that protects against ALL variants of SARS Covid. Now, when will it hit the streets???

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

I want the US Army to test this one on me. Hopefully can combine with the MKUltra test. 

DoD "Jab & A Tab" Vaccination & Vacation (to the frontal lobes)

Sign me up!

• Haha 1