“I’ve heard things & I know things”

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Worst answer in the world is you heard shlt or know something but dont want to give up anything to prove you actually do know and arent just blowing it out of your ass

Speculating, but I imagine they did hear something.  But, I also suspect it's from a guy we all don't want here anymore.  Like, a CJ Mosely.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just say that there exists a strand of probability that all three guys are making up the position that they have heard from people inside the building that Zach may have some problematic personality traits that causes friction among some of his teammates.

Except for the fact that only one of the three claims they heard something, not all three of them.  

Willie, wtf does "I've heard things and I know things" mean? That's far too vague and simply opens the door to rampant speculation.

Would it surprise me if the BYU kid with the silver spoon doesn't relate well to others in an NFL lockerroom? No it would not. 

But that's just me speculating based on superficial characteristics, no? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

My biggest question is whether the frustration is more about an entitled kid being handed the QB job and struggling when the team could have been more successful elsewhere or if there are real personality issues there.

My guess is the latter wouldn't matter if the former weren't an issue.

IMO, (if true!) this was going to be inevitable when they took this puny, unknown kid from Utah and handed him the starting job on a bad NFL football team. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just say that there exists a strand of probability that all three guys are making up the position that they have heard from people inside the building that Zach may have some problematic personality traits that causes friction among some of his teammates.

Colon saying that he’s “heard things” is a rhetorical device that one turns to when trying to protect a source or sources. He’s not going to say specifically what he was told because he isn’t gonna snitch. 

We can assume a few things are likely:

1. There are members of this Jets team that are frustrated and miserable with the losing, both in the coaching ranks and among the players.

2. Some in that group feel like they would have had a better year if they weren’t playing with a rookie QB who has been mostly bad, but was protected from on high.

3. Some in that group likely commiserate with veterans who are still around the team. 

Bart Scott, In clarifying his flip out, said today that they were reacting to Zach’s post-game answer about the A gap being uncovered. They felt like he was being disingenuous about what he saw (because the Bucs were clearly lined up to collapse the A gap at the snap of the ball). It annoyed the three of them because they all played interior line and thought Zach’s answer was bullsh*t. If those guys had prior (if secret) knowledge that Zach may have some issues with accountability, this was their chance to air that out, and they—caught up in the moment—did so.

We can also assume that guys pushing for the Jets to draft Fields would dig for any tidbit to back up their point. 

Either way, it's never hard to find a player or 2 to spew venom on a 4-12 team. What if his source is Mims or Becton? Would that change your odd defense of Colon? 

Also remember that your boy Manish had plenty of "anonymous" sources that turned out to be fake. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We can also assume that guys pushing for the Jets to draft Fields would dig for any tidbit to back up their point. 

Either way, it's never hard to find a player or 2 to spew venom on a 4-12 team. What if his source is Mims or Becton? Would that change your odd defense of Colon? 

Also remember that your boy Manish had plenty of "anonymous" sources that turned out to be fake. 

When was Manish ever “my boy” and when were his anonymous sources proven fake?

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I also wonder if the political side of things plays into it. I'm guessing Bart Scott is not a big Morgan Wallen fan.

I am sure that, culturally, Zach isn’t exactly the type of guy that his teammates are taking out to the club after games.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Willie, wtf does "I've heard things and I know things" mean?

Hearing takes place through your ears, which pick up audible sounds. Sometimes those sounds move into the cerebrum and become translated into knowledge. Knowledge is defined as facts or information translated into practical information on a subject. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Colon saying that he’s “heard things” is a rhetorical device that one turns to when trying to protect a source or sources. He’s not going to say specifically what he was told because he isn’t gonna snitch. 

Bart Scott, In clarifying his flip out, said today that they were reacting to Zach’s post-game answer about the A gap being uncovered. They felt like he was being disingenuous about what he saw (because the Bucs were clearly lined up to collapse the A gap at the snap of the ball). It annoyed the three of them because they all played interior line and thought Zach’s answer was bullsh*t. 

So, I agree with just about everything you said save these three comments...

1st.....can be all the rhetorical you want - don't say anything if you're not willing to say what it is.  It's weak.

2nd...did they walk back that comment that the A gap was, in fact, open...based on both indisputable photo proof and the HC outwardly and undeniably saying - Zach followed the playbook and did what he was supposed to do.?

3....Scott wasn't holding back - that's ridiculous, when has he ever held back?  He didn't use a 4 and 2 during the kid's best game to attack him with something he couldn't before.  Just can't buy that.

It's more likely he had nothing to complain about on the field so chose to take a personal approach.  

And it's sad.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is exactly correct.  If you look hard enough to justify your thoughts you can find it.  I can't imagine it's particularly hard for guys like Colon or Scott to find someone willing to tell them what they want to hear.

Just look at this board - opinions are so diverse but you can always find people who agree with you if you just look...

22 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Speculating, but I imagine they did hear something.  But, I also suspect it's from a guy we all don't want here anymore.  Like, a CJ Mosely.

I imagine that CJ Mosely is telling Bart Scott a bunch of made up sh*t to take the heat off how bad he and his defense not only blew the game, but most of the season. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Aaand what an interesting Google search it is. And it’s true that Zach lists him as his favorite musical artist, as he said in his introductory interview on the Kay show

The only prerequisite I have for the next QB we draft is that their favorite band is Body Count.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He has the evidence, don't you worry. So much evidence it'll blow your mind. You'll see it soon enough. Now, as you wait in suspense, why not peruse his line of pillows and bed comforters?

Because Im too busy searching for weapons of mass destruction. Keep digging.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am sure that, culturally, Zach isn’t exactly the type of guy that his teammates are taking out to the club after games.

This is almost certainly true.

Doesn't make him selfish or ego driven etc...

I just find it odd that a 50 year old man would go after a 22 year old kid with personal attacks...Who, by all accounts is a hard worker and clearly getting better.  

These guys don't have to be friends, most aren't. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

did they walk back that comment that the A gap was, in fact, open...based on both indisputable photo proof and the HC outwardly and undeniably saying - Zach followed the playbook and did what he was supposed to do.?

This was the interesting piece of Bart’s comments today. He said that a guy like Costello or Cimini would look at the alignment and thing that’s A-gap open, but no football player would look at it and think for a second that it was, especially given the personnel the Jets had on the field. Saleh seemed to imply as much, too. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except for the fact that only one of the three claims they heard something, not all three of them.  

I think you're discounting them a bit.

First, Bart Scott said it.

Then, Willie Colon heard it from Bart.

Then Leger Douzable heard it from Colon on WFAN, a totally different program.

That's two instances of corroboration. That's journalistic gold.

• Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

This was the interesting piece of Bart’s comments today. He said that a guy like Costello or Cimini would look at the alignment and thing that’s A-gap open, but no football player would look at it and think for a second that it was, especially given the personnel the Jets had on the field. Saleh seemed to imply as much, too. 

When did Saleh imply this? Saleh's words seemed unequivocal.  "Zach followed the playbook"

I think using the "football people know better" is a rhetorical devise used to justify ones opinion when it's proven to be wrong.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

When did Saleh imply this? Saleh's words seemed unequivocal.  "Zach followed the playbook"

I think using the "football people know better" is a rhetorical devise used to justify ones opinion when it's proven to be wrong.

I tend to think that three guys who spent their formative years and academic and professional lives living in the A gap would know more about litigating the A gap than anyone on this website might.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a screw up.  

It only mattered because Zach and the offense had a good game, and the defense was meh,  but some people like to avoid that part of the story lol.  

• Upvote 2