Watson and Flores to Giants?

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea i don’t see him having any legal trouble at this point. His  issues going forward will likely be image/PR related 

22 of the women signed onto Buzbee’s representation and that scumbag has been trying to get Watson to settle from Day One. 

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Belli coaching tree:

McDaniel  11-17 (Drafted Tebow in the 1st round)

Petricia 13-29-1

Flores 24-25

Judge 10-23

O'Brien 52-48 (Brought in all sorts of awful qbs and traded DeAndre Hopkins for a nickel)

Arrogant assholes all. It's their signature trademark.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Belli coaching tree:

Petricia 13-29-1

Flores 24-25

Judge 10-23

O'Brien 52-48 (Brought in all sorts of awful qbs and traded DeAndre Hopkins for a nickel)

It’s funny everyone thinks they are getting Belli. 

They are cheap imitations. 

Poseurs as it were.  

It looks like they’re going to hire a GM first. Mara admitted they didn’t do a good job hiring coaches in last few years. So you’d hope if you’re a Giants fan (and we’re not) they’d hire the GM first and let them hire the coach. As for Watson in New York I don’t see it in terms of PR value in the leagues biggest market. You don’t acquire a guy with that kind of baggage and accusations against him. In terms of league income a good percentage are from female fans. 

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Belli coaching tree:

Petricia 13-29-1

Flores 24-25

Judge 10-23

And yet nobody thought that maybe Belichick teaches these people how to fail and make it look like his success.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

As for Watson in New York I don’t see it in terms of PR value in the leagues biggest market. You don’t acquire a guy with that kind of baggage and accusations against him.

The Giants’ most revered player was last in the news for beating up a 14 year old prostitute in a crack den.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Houston could have THREE picks in the top-10 of a crap draft, lol. 

Well, I think the BS that this is a bad draft are frankly wrong. It's a defensively oriented draft and there are no franchise guaranteed QB's, but Pickett looked pretty good to me. It's about matching what a team needs to the strengths of a draft. The Jets need defense, so they are going to do well.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For as big of a clown show as the Giants have become, adding an accused serial sexual assailant to be the face of the franchise doesn't seem like the kind of things the Mara's will do to turn things around. 

This is pretty clearly Watson and/or his agent trying to gin up interest in a player I would guess has very little interest around the league right now. If the charges are dropped or he is acquitted, then I could see a flurry of teams jumping in to get him. 

The Giants also have never had a black QB1.  They’re a very conservative org, historically.  

It would be tough to see this happen unless they’re super confident all of this stuff will get swept away with minimal consequences.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Giants also have never had a black QB1.  They’re a very conservative org, historically.  

It would be tough to see this happen unless they’re super confident all of this stuff will get swept away with minimal consequences.

They've also never had a black head coach.... Somehow no one calls them out for it

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Belli coaching tree:

Petricia 13-29-1

Flores 24-25

Judge 10-23

Funny that Mumbles has two trees, this isn't even counting his original failures in Weis, Crennel, Mangini

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cap space doesn’t seem to matter much in the NFL.  In 2022 the Saints, for instance, are projected be $60M+ over the cap for their 2nd straight season.  

The saints are PROJECTED to  be 60 million over the cap next year which means they will have to cut players (or rework deals) to get under the cap. They aren't just going to be allowed to sign their draft picks and new free agents while being 60 million over. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They've also never had a black head coach.... Somehow no one calls them out for it

Louis Riddick interviewed for the GM job that went to Gettleman and was supposedly a “finalist” fwiw. Giants could hit a trifecta by hiring Riddick and Flores, then trading for Watson. If they were so inclined, that is. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The saints are PROJECTED to  be 60 million over the cap next year which means they will have to cut players (or rework deals) to get under the cap. They aren't just going to be allowed to sign their draft picks and new free agents while being 60 million over. 

Why he saints handed taysom hill the kinda dough they have is beyond bizarre to me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Zero chance. No team is shelling the picks that HOU wants, and HOU won’t deal him for less. The best solution for Watson and HOU is to reconcile and start over with Flores.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That ship has sailed long ago. Zero chance of that happening and that is from two people covering the team.

40 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Well, I think the BS that this is a bad draft are frankly wrong. It's a defensively oriented draft and there are no franchise guaranteed QB's, but Pickett looked pretty good to me. It's about matching what a team needs to the strengths of a draft. The Jets need defense, so they are going to do well.

I mean, flip through the last decade, and tell me you’d rather have 3 picks in this years’ top-10. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Louis Riddick interviewed for the GM job that went to Gettleman and was supposedly a “finalist” fwiw. Giants could hit a trifecta by hiring Riddick and Flores, then trading for Watson. If they were so inclined, that is. 

Absolutely. Add Ryan Clark in some manner to the staff - maybe scouting and you turn around real quick.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Riddick was pimping for the Bears job the other day,  he is calling the game and I'm thinking 'oh he wants this job indeed he does.'

Would be no worse of a hire than many.

• Upvote 1

First of all if you traded for Watson and even come close to their asking price you’re talking like 3 no. 1 draft picks. I don’t think the Texans would get it but you’d think at least one pick maybe this years which is overall 5. And that’s for damaged goods a guy who could be indefinitely suspended or worse. There will be lots of external pressure on the NFL remember Ray Rice. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

First of all if you traded for Watson and even come close to their asking price you’re talking like 3 no. 1 draft picks. I don’t think the Texans would get it but you’d think at least one pick maybe this years which is overall 5. And that’s for damaged goods a guy who could be indefinitely suspended or worse. There will be lots of external pressure on the NFL remember Ray Rice. 

If we take out the off-the-field stuff, I’d absolutely trade 3 #1’s for Watson. Giants could take care of 2 of those this year alone.  Plus it’s seemingly a weak draft so not the worst picks to trade.  

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we take out the off-the-field stuff, I’d absolutely trade 3 #1’s for Watson. Giants could take care of 2 of those this year alone.  Plus it’s seemingly a weak draft so not the worst picks to trade.  

There must be a reason they wouldn’t activate him and didn’t trade him in 2021. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’ve been investigating this thing for two years now. If Watson is guilty of anything other than being a disgusting pervert, they would have tagged and bagged him already. 

That's not how this works. Criminal conviction requires "beyond a reasonable doubt"; civil liability just "preponderance of the evidence". Criminal conviction in a years-late he-said she-said accusation with no physical evidence is almost impossible, especially because you can't bring in all the accusers in any one case - this was never going to be a criminal issue. But the odds that he loses a civil suit when there are this many accusers aren't low.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That's not how this works. Criminal conviction requires "beyond a reasonable doubt"; civil liability just "preponderance of the evidence". Criminal conviction in a years-late he-said she-said accusation with no physical evidence is almost impossible, especially because you can't bring in all the accusers in any one case - this was never going to be a criminal issue. But the odds that he loses a civil suit when there are this many accusers aren't low.

Would the threat of the civil suit still exist if they settled with Buzbee? I recall reading that there was an agreement in place for such a thing, but Hardin objected to some non-disclosure language as it related to the settlement. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would the threat of the civil suit still exist if they settled with Buzbee? I recall reading that there was an agreement in place for such a thing, but Hardin objected to some non-disclosure language as it related to the settlement. 

Not from any of his plaintiffs, but there hasn't been a settlement; they apparently offered 100K per plaintiff but at least one of the women turned it down, and it was an all-or-nothing offer

• Sympathy 1