Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

I think the Rooney Rule is dumb as ****. With that said, if Bellichick sent that text before Flores even got interviewed, how would Flores not have a case? 

If there was the Rooney Rule, the Giants would’ve just name Daboll their coach.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

John Gruden laughing his ass off.

Do they now confiscate Belichick's texts and emails from the past 10 years too?

Nope his phone will get mysteriously run over by a semi truck in his driveway and the phone and text records destroyed by the NFL

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My favorite part of this whole thing is in the Complaint, they use thumbnail pictures of all NFL coaches, GMs and owners to help establish that black candidates do not get a fair shake.

Then you look at the law firm that filed the suit on behalf of Flores:

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/team/

What a very diverse team of lawyers!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Flores goes off the rails when he calls the NFL a "plantation" where white owners have a majority of black players working for them.  You have young men and their families shedding tears of joy when one of the plantation owners picks them to make millions of dollars playing for their team. Every business has an owner, but few pay as well as professional sports.  Never understood this argument.  

Yeah if that’s the case Flores is getting awful advice unless he’s got a Nike deal on the way like Kap had. Guy is way too young to self sabotage over a coaching cycle.

20 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My favorite part of this whole thing is in the Complaint, they use thumbnail pictures of all NFL coaches, GMs and owners to help establish that black candidates do not get a fair shake.

Then you look at the law firm that filed the suit on behalf of Flores:

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/team/

Should have gone with Willie Gary's firm here in Florida.

Screenshot_20220201-173604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3109f4f1c7fd5c569017b998d90d9871.jpg

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetty said:

I think the Rooney Rule is racist and dumb as ****. With that said, if Bellichick sent that text before Flores even got interviewed, how would Flores not have a case? 

Again, if the Giants interviewed 2 other minority candidates they would be under NO OBLIGATION to interview another--Flores or anyone else.  

If they complied, he has no case against the Giants.  Biggest case is against the Fins if he has proof of Ross offering him $$ to lose.  

NOT a class action supportable claim.  Will never get the class certified.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lol!!!!!my takes:

1. Rooney rule has run its course

2. belly must be soooooo mad

3. theres zero proof of anything

4. the miami story is really bad….. but is there proof?

5. There has to be a way to find out the date of the yacht trip and if watson was in miami at that time

finally, dont feel bad for flores. The dude is set for life. You guy on this board make believe yall are big movers and shakers and that flores cant live well off the millions he has made. The average salary im the us is like 50k. He will be fine

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetty said:

I think the Rooney Rule is racist and dumb as ****. With that said, if Bellichick sent that text before Flores even got interviewed, how would Flores not have a case? 

We’ve all interviewed for a job that had already been decided. It’s common.

• Upvote 2

The Rooney rule, you can shake your head at racial mandates but I think Flores is probably right about everything he’s saying.  

The idea that Josh McDaniels is considered a good hire over a proven great coach in Flores is crazy to me.

It’d be easy to shirk a complaint like this but to have it be 2022, one black HC in a league 70% black, and for past players/coaches not to have naturally disseminated into the HC ranks by now just doesn’t add up- implicit or explicit.

Unlike Kaepernick, who was brave but kinda dumb Flores actually is intelligent and I hope he gets hired as a HC soon. He’s earned it. Unbelievable the Stephen Ross tanking stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, if the Giants interviewed 2 other minority candidates they would be under NO OBLIGATION to interview another--Flores or anyone else.  

If they complied, he has no case against the Giants.  Biggest case is against the Fins if he has proof of Ross offering him $$ to lose.  

NOT a class action supportable claim.  Will never get the class certified.  

Even if the yacht story is accurate, an owner can lobby for a player. If the coach has a moral obligation to not work with watson, thats his right. 

but i dont see any wrongdoing. Even if watson said yes i was on that boat.

and if its just his word against ross about the 100k to throw games, again, no proof.

So really miami has nothing to fear as well amirite counsel frog?

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Many jobs that are "posted" aren't even really available, especially in upper level Public Service positions.  Usually municipalities are required to post the position,  but already have an internal candidate and don't even return calls or schedule interviews from outside applicants. 

Dirty business, but true. 

With a spouse in talent/HR this is 1000% true. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm a lawyer, not a litigator, but I've seen thousands of complaints.

Complaints ALWAYS sound bad because it's the plaintiff's side that makes the first accusations and throws every piece of crap, provable or not, against the wall.

He may have some legit claims but some of the counts the've alleged are simply inflammatory to get a rise, legally not supportable and/or cannot be proven and will be tossed before the first hearing.  

The biggest issue is for the Dolphins if Flores has proof of Ross offering $$ to lose games--especially with the massive legal sports betting industry partnering up with the NFL. 

But we’re told there’s no chance the nfl fixed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Imagine being a fan of a team whose owner was actively throwing money for a tank job

Imagine being a player on said team…

While in New England the owner is throwing money for a tug job. :D  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just so we're clear today: Tom Brady is gone, the Bills didn't make the Super Bowl, and the Dolphins, Giants, and Bill Belichick all look horrible and/or are being sued for discrimination? 

step-brothers-what-the-fuck-happened.gif

That can only mean one thing: there's probably going to be a sh-tshow for the Jets tomorrow.

I had an awful feeling about all the no name shlubs they were hiring.  I hope Flores gets all the money the Miami Dolphins owe him from his contract he signed.

I hope he wins the lawsuit and is awarded $1.00.  

Then I hope the NFL learns a lesson and abolishes the Rooney rule.

Interview candidates based on merit not on quotas.

Lastly, I’m so thrilled that Bellichik is tied in to this mess.  

That’s Karma on the half shell.

So glad we have no involvement in that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Even if the yacht story is accurate, an owner can lobby for a player. If the coach has a moral obligation to not work with watson, thats his right. 

but i dont see any wrongdoing. Even if watson said yes i was on that boat.

and if its just his word against ross about the 100k to throw games, again, no proof.

So really miami has nothing to fear as well amirite counsel frog?

Was not talking about the yacht story.

If he has proof--recordings or texts or the like--that prove Ross offered $$ to lose games--THAT would be the issue for Miami and only Miami.

Nothing to do with race or Rooney rule or certifiable as a class action.