GMFB: Garafolo Says Watch Jets In Free Agency

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Honey Badger make me moist. Just saying. 

Sign Allen Robinson, trade 10 and other pick plus Corey Davis for DK. 

if you can’t sign Robinson then send Dallas a 4th rd pick or even a conditional 4th than can turn into a 3 for Cooper 

receiver fixed. No more Davis and got 2 legit WRs to go with Moore and whoever else plus a rookie like Pickens or Justyn Ross

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Usually no. However, Tyrann Mathieu can still definitely play, and he brings a culture change. Skills and demands accountability of all players around him.

But don't worry about it. Why would he come here? 

Because we offered the most money.  Like 99% of all FAs do.  Not the imaginary why would he come here nonsense this fanbase keeps repeating. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

It’s not imaginary. This is not a FA destination right now. We’re not winning. 

No, not imagined.  Look how wrong you would have been if you picked Seattle or whoever over the Bengals two years ago.  Players know how fast it can change.  And that’s why  they go to the highest bidder most of the time.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Usually no. However, Tyrann Mathieu can still definitely play, and he brings a culture change. Skills and demands accountability of all players around him.

Hey, Ronnie Lott did, but he couldn’t change us at the time. Maybe this guy feels he can.

14 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

To change the culture, bring skills and to demand accountability. 

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Pay Badger, use day 1 & 2 picks for premium positions. That is all.

I would have no problem if they did it.  

I just want good players.  The jets have close to no good players.  and Honey Badger is a good player,..

But, they've already re-signed multiple cheap safeties - I just don't think a big money Safety is in their plans this year.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, ncjetman said:

rhodes had potential but wouldn’t (not couldn’t) tackle and hated players coach rex ryan- leonhard was really just a jag - good guy played hard but way undersized - free safety has been a free fall zone forever

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Re Rhodes:  Not in his couple of prime years.  He could and did tackle.  Now he went off the deep end and his play serious fell off.  He was everything you ant from a safety.  I agree more or less with you about Leonard.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Re Rhodes:  Not in his couple of prime years.  He could and did tackle.  Now he went off the deep end and his play serious fell off.  He was everything you ant from a safety.  I agree more or less with you about Leonard.

Didn't he used to be the HC of the Eagles?

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it imagined.  Look how wrong you would have been if you picked Seattle or whoever over the Bengals two years ago.  Players know how fast it can change.  And they go to the highest bidder most of the time.  

No. Players don't only pick where they're going based on money. You changed your argument from "imagined" to "most of the time." Which one is it? 

We can play the example game all day:

(1) Gronk wasn't going to re-sign with the highest bidder, he only came back to play with Brady; (2) Peyton was not going to go sign with anyone, he wanted to win another super bowl; (3) FAs talk about making decisions with their families based on where the right place to move is, etc.

Now, some players do go for the pay day, no doubt. But others make decisions with their families based on factors other than money. My point is, we don't appear to be a destination right now. You're right about the Seattle and Bengals comparison. It can change I hope it does. Gronk said he would consider playing in Cinci now because of what they've done. If the team progresses, and especially if ZW come out of next season looking exciting, then guys will come.

I get the idea of: Pay him the money and he'll come. But not all players will play that game, so it is not imagined. But, Jets can only pay so many players more than others are offering.