Imagine being upset about not giving up assets for a receiver that costs 20 mill per season

41 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

One thing about Jets fans, you guys love trading assets and overpaying for mediocre production. Cooper is overrated, Is invisible in big moments and throws Dak under the bus what do you think he's going to do on the Jets other than cost take $20 Million per season from JD? Save your "But what about Diggs and Josh Allen arguments" Cooper is not Diggs. The past 2 drafts alone have shown receivers are easy to find and cheap. I would much rather pay Oline CB Edge than pay $20 millon for 1 receiver. Everyone needs to settle down. 

I know it’s hysterical reading some of these posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Imagine thinking Elijah Moore is going to be good (he is) and not liking amari cooper???? They essentially have the same skill set! Except cooper is a better fit outside!  And coopers contract is up the same year Moore is due for an extension. The only problem is we’re paying Corey Davis that money already smh. Hopefully Douglas can find a way to do better than the layup he just missed. 

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This should be a fun thread to pull up this time next year.

Some Jets fans think there are two categories of receivers: elite and jag. While Cooper is not elite, he’s not a mediocre receiver. 

Apparently you have to go for 1400yds and 10tds to be a WR1 now lol 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Gonna be really hysterical when our 2nd year QB is throwing to a crew of Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Berrios (if he even comes back), and a rookie.  Super funny dude.  Real epic hilarity.

Give it time. Free agency and the draft haven’t even begun yet. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Elijah Moore says hi

Corey Davis

Elijah Moore

Braxton Berrios (if we even get him back.)

Rookie.

??????????????

Cant wait to see how defenses stop that wrecking ball of a crew!!!

1 minute ago, nickfoshizal said:

Imagine thinking Elijah Moore is going to be good (he is) and not liking amari cooper???? They essentially have the same skill set! Except cooper is a better fit outside!  And coopers contract is up the same year Moore is due for an extension. The only problem is we’re paying Corey Davis that money already smh. Hopefully Douglas can find a way to do better than the layup he just missed. 

The Bengals really screwed over Joe Burrow surrounding him with young WRs.  Could you imagine how much better that team would have been with an aging AJ Green instead because, you know, he was great a few years ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give it time. Free agency and the draft haven’t even begun yet. 

I’ll definitely change my tune when we give *checks notes* Christian Kirk or DooDoo Sh*t-Poopster 18-19 million dollars per year ?.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Corey Davis

Elijah Moore

Rookie.

??????????????

Cant wait to see how defenses stop that wrecking ball of a crew!!!

What if we sign a FA that gives us equivalent production for $15m a year, 4 years, and keep our draft picks?

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Amari Cooper averages 74 rec/1,011 yards/7 TD's per year

He's only gotten more productive in Dallas and is still only 27 years old.

If that's mediocre production you are a tough grader. 

Cooper has only gotten more productive?  

Rookie Year Cooper- 66.9 Yards per game

Last year Cooper- 57.7 Yards per game. 

I guess it's easy to win arguments when you just make stuff up. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

What if we sign a FA that gives us equivalent production for $15m a year, 4 years, and keep our draft picks?

Struggling to see which FA is giving us that production, but sure, yeah that would be as great as me winning the lottery.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Imagine looking at this WR corps and comparing it to the Bengals.

Phew.

I don't think you understand how this works. The Bengals didn't have that receiving Corps before they drafted it. The Jets won't have that type of quality by adding 28 year old WRs on the decline. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Corey Davis

Elijah Moore

Rookie.

That won't hack it, but overpaying Cooper to underdeliver was never gonna be Joe Dougey thing to do. Cooper is a good NFL receiver but he's never delivered on his draft pedigree and has now been traded 2x. 

• Corey Davis
  • Elijah Moore
  • DJ Chark
  • Berrios
  • George Pickens

Tell me I'm wrong when i say that looks lit. (well, by Jet standards anyway)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cooper has only gotten more productive?  

Rookie Year Cooper- 66.9 Yards per game

Last year Cooper- 57.7 Yards per game. 

I guess it's easy to win arguments when you just make stuff up. 

Relax lol. I'm not trying to win an argument. Just make a point that he's been productive and is not "mediocre". You are right about his last year in Dallas. 

He was less productive his last year because the Cowboys have a loaded offense. His time in Dallas was clearly up, hence the trade. Lamb is the top guy there now. Schultz has emerged as well. His contract is big to be the 2nd option when they have a lot of weapons. 

His two seasons before that he averaged 74.3 and 69.6 yards per game.

People are acting like Amari Cooper is Randy Moss. The 2022 league year hasn't even begun.

The biggest thing JD needs to do this offseason is surround Wilson with talent. If he fails at that task I'll be dumping on him too. Missing out on Cooper for $20mm/year on March 12th isn't the time to panic.

You can probably sign Allen Robinson for less or the same without giving up a draft pick if that's the caliber receiver you're looking for. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1