Matt Ryan traded to Indy

51 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't know.  Given the choice between keeping Wentz and trading for Ryan, I'd have kept Wentz.  

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Either option means Indy will continue be an NFL also-ran. They'll make the playoffs and act as cannon fodder in the first round.

For all the admiration that Chris Ballard gets showered with, I don't think I've ever seen a GM be so wishy-washy about his team's QB. This guy has been kicking the can down the road on the QB position ever since Luck retired, just signing a fading retread year after year.

Too bad he doesn't have the balls to invest a high pick on a QB. Then Indy would really be a contender.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

This is lunacy. Arthur Smith got to this point in his career because Vrabel dumped Marriott. If not, Arthur Smith would be calling plays got Rutgers. Maybe.

After missing out on Watson, the obvious plan now is for the Falcons to get Mariota to be a stop gap while they groom whatever rookie QB they draft in the 1st round. It could be Mariota or Dalton or some other jag. Doesn't really matter. 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Just saw this on NFL Network.  WTF is Indy doing?   Good luck.

And how bad must it be when a caliber of player like Matty Ice is traded for a third round pick.   geez.

It’s weird that even though the salary cap is completely imaginary, teams still need to make moves to get under it. Atlanta had about an hour to get that deal done before they were on the hook for $48M for Ryan, and Indy knew that. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Cause Ryan at least waits till the 2nd half of a Super Bowl before he craps the bed.

Wentz does it the second the playoffs are in view.

I will never stop asking why Ryan took that seven step drop.  Just mind numbing.  A FG there and the game is done.  

If that had happened to us?  I'd have jumped off the nearest bridge.  

Indy's GM is the biggest coward in the entire NFL.  Dude is so scared to lose his job, he refuses to draft a QB, so he keeps throwing sh*tty old vets at the wall and hoping the stick, and they dont, and wont and round and round they go.  Weird to feel sorry for a fan base that went from Manning to Luck but that dude is trash.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Indy's GM is the biggest coward in the entire NFL.  Dude is so scared to lose his job, he refuses to draft a QB, so he keeps throwing sh*tty old vets at the wall and hoping the stick, and they dont, and wont and round and round they go.  Weird to feel sorry for a fan base that went from Manning to Luck but that dude is trash.

He's 37-28 under that strategy. This isn't a shot but what would it take Big Joe to reach such a record? So good job by there GM for having them in the PO hunt the past 3 seasons.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He's 37-28 under that strategy. This isn't a shot but what would it take Big Joe to reach such a record? So good job by there GM for having them in the PO hunt the past 3 seasons.

No offense but how is that situation even remotely comparable?   The Colts had 1 losing season the last 20 before Ballard took over.  Compared to the Jets, its like comparing sh*t tacos to caviar.  Chris Ballard is directly responsible for the Colts being the epitome of mediocrity.  They're 41-40 during his regime in the the worst conference in Football.  He cant win it and struggles to make the playoffs in a division with Texans and Jags.  He's trash and the Colts will be a stick in the mud franchise under his watch because he has literally admitted to being afraid to draft a QB.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Colts since Luck Left:  7-9, 11-5, 9-8 (With Brisset, Rivers and Wentz).

Jets over same period:  7-9, 2-14, 4-13 (With Darnold and Wilson).

It's always so odd to me to read fans mocking other teams, knowing how piss poor OUR team is, and how few of the things we do have or are working out.

Posts like this: 

Either option means Indy will continue be an NFL also-ran. They'll make the playoffs and act as cannon fodder in the first round.

For all the admiration that Chris Ballard gets showered with, I don't think I've ever seen a GM be so wishy-washy about his team's QB. This guy has been kicking the can down the road on the QB position ever since Luck retired, just signing a fading retread year after year.

Too bad he doesn't have the balls to invest a high pick on a QB. Then Indy would really be a contender.

News flash, the Colts are a contender.  They have been almost every year for ages now. 

We, the team that "had the balls to invest a high pick on a QB" have consistently sucked with those QB's.

It's almost like some of you have real cognitive dissonance, and don't actually know that 9-8 is alot better than 4-13....

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's always so odd to me to read fans mocking other teams, knowing how piss poor OUR team is, and how few of the things we do have or are working out.

Posts like this: 

News flash, the Colts are a contender.  They have been almost every year for ages now. 

We, the team that "had the balls to invest a high pick on a QB" have consistently sucked with those QB's.

It's almost like some of you have real cognitive dissonance, and don't actually know that 9-8 is alot better than 4-13....

kattwilliams-wreplay.gif

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Now Winston back to the Saints.  The dominos are falling.  Where does Garappolo end up?  Mayfield?  I bet the Steelers wish they waited about a week.   Trubisky looks like a consolation prize now, but they took him very early.

Nah, Steelers will go into complete tank mode this year, get the first pick and walk off with a FQB next year. NFL does not want a bad Pittsburgh team

Mariotta to Falcons...

Falcons Agree To Two-Year Deal With Marcus Mariota | Fantasy News (rotoballer.com)

1 hour agoThe Atlanta Falcons agreed to an undisclosed two-year deal with free-agent quarterback Marcus Mariota on Monday. Atlanta moved quickly to secure their next QB after trading Matt Ryan to the Indianapolis Colts on Monday. Mariota, who spent the last two seasons backup up Derek Carr for the Las Vegas Raiders, will reunite with head coach Arthur Smith in Atlanta. The 28-year-old figures to be a short-term stopgap under center until the Falcons find their next franchise quarterback. Mariota has completed 62.8% of his 1,795 career attempts over seven NFL seasons, and he doesn't have many weapons to work with outside of tight end Kyle Pitts and running back/wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson. He can make plays with his legs, but Mariota shouldn't be much more than a low-end QB2 as a starter once again.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapopor

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

Mariotta to Falcons...

Falcons Agree To Two-Year Deal With Marcus Mariota | Fantasy News (rotoballer.com)

1 hour agoThe Atlanta Falcons agreed to an undisclosed two-year deal with free-agent quarterback Marcus Mariota on Monday. Atlanta moved quickly to secure their next QB after trading Matt Ryan to the Indianapolis Colts on Monday. Mariota, who spent the last two seasons backup up Derek Carr for the Las Vegas Raiders, will reunite with head coach Arthur Smith in Atlanta. The 28-year-old figures to be a short-term stopgap under center until the Falcons find their next franchise quarterback. Mariota has completed 62.8% of his 1,795 career attempts over seven NFL seasons, and he doesn't have many weapons to work with outside of tight end Kyle Pitts and running back/wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson. He can make plays with his legs, but Mariota shouldn't be much more than a low-end QB2 as a starter once again.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapopor

Good luck.  Mariota has already proved he is not an NFL starter.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Tend to disagree for two reasons:  1) How many more years of tread on CMC's tires at Carolina?  They have to be thinking it's go time.  2) Tepper is a gazillionaire  in the Stevie Cohen mold - he's not going to sit around for a 3-5 year rebuild with the Panthers with a rookie QB unless he has to.  I could see them rolling the dice on Mayfield after losing out on Watson.

IMO, that would be insanity. Baker may throw for a decent amount of yards but he turns the ball over an awful lot and sone of the throws he made last season were just bizarre. 

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Posts like this: 

You're comparing sh*t tacos to caviar.  The Colts had a top 3 winning % in the NFL before Ballard arrived and now has them firmly planted them into mediocrity, 41-40.  The Colts won the division 9 times in 13 years, they havent won it once since Ballard arrived.   The reason?  Ballard is a coward who wont commit to developing a QB.  He's the worst kind of GM, more concerned with job security than actually making his team a champion.  1 and done every year is fun to you?  Nah, I remember you being the loudest person the board about "mediocrity" during the Herm days.  YOU DEMAND MORE! lmfao 

And this ludicrous idea you have proposed that I'm not allowed to be critical of another team because I'm a Jets fan is asinine.   First off, who the **** are you to tell me who I'm supposed to behave as Jets fan? lmfao   I'm full aware how sh*tty the Jets are, I've been sh*tting on them for 42 years.  If I want to sh*t on another team, I'm going to pull my pants down and sh*t on them with no guilt about my sh*t simply because I root for the sh*tty Jets. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Really good move by the Colts.

I am curious to see what Atlanta does.

Do they love a QB and have a potential trade up partner deal already in place?

Are they interested in Baker Mayfield, Jameis Winston?

Agreed.  Seems like Ryan still has something left and the Colts certainly don't need a QB to carry them.  

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You're comparing sh*t tacos to caviar.  The Colts had a top 3 winning % in the NFL before Ballard arrived and now has them firmly planted them into mediocrity, 41-40.  The Colts won the division 9 times in 13 years, they havent won it once since Ballard arrived.   The reason?  Ballard is a coward who wont commit to developing a QB.  He's the worst kind of GM, more concerned with job security than actually making his team a champion.  1 and done every year is fun to you?  Nah, I remember you being the loudest person the board about "mediocrity" during the Herm days.  YOU DEMAND MORE! lmfao 

And this ludicrous idea you have proposed that I'm not allowed to be critical of another team because I'm a Jets fan is asinine.   First off, who the **** are you to tell me who I'm supposed to behave as Jets fan? lmfao   I'm full aware how sh*tty the Jets are, I've been sh*tting on them for 42 years.  If I want to sh*t on another team, I'm going to pull my pants down and sh*t on them with no guilt about my sh*t simply because I root for the sh*tty Jets. 

You couldn't wait until Taco Tuesday to make this post?  Some people!

52 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

IMO, that would be insanity. Baker may throw for a decent amount of yards but he turns the ball over an awful lot and sone of the throws he made last season were just bizarre. 

If you're the Panthers and you missed out on Watson and Wilson, were never going to get Matty Ice, and have one of the best RBs in the league entering his 6th season to go with a decent WR group, what are you going to do?  Hope you can draft the next Herbert or Burrow, roll with Darnold, or take a chance that Mayfield might be able to move the team to the next level?

54 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You're comparing sh*t tacos to caviar.

tenor.gif?itemid=9536068

Ballard is a coward who wont commit to developing a QB.

And yet produced a better product than the brave, QB-committed JD.

Maybe it isn't as black and white a you might think.

He's the worst kind of GM, more concerned with job security than actually making his team a champion.

Every GM is worried about job security, including JD. 

Winning is the greatest job security.  Winning a title most of all.

1 and done every year is fun to you?

More fun than 3 or 4 wins every year, yes.

Nah, I remember you being the loudest person the board about "mediocrity" during the Herm days.  YOU DEMAND MORE! lmfao 

Like us all, I want a title.

We won 4 games last year.  We're not getting to a title from there if we can't get to "cowardly Colts" level first.

And this ludicrous idea you have proposed that I'm not allowed to be critical of another team because I'm a Jets fan is asinine.   First off, who the **** are you to tell me who I'm supposed to behave as Jets fan? lmfao   I'm full aware how sh*tty the Jets are, I've been sh*tting on them for 42 years.  If I want to sh*t on another team, I'm going to pull my pants down and sh*t on them with no guilt about my sh*t simply because I root for the sh*tty Jets. 

1. Didn't say "you're not allowed".  

2. Fans of horrible teams who talk sh*t about materially better, materially better-run teams sound, IMO, like stupid idiots.

3. I 100% support your God given right to sound like an idiot.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think it’s a good trade for them. They have a playoff quality roster and needed a veteran QB. No real downside here 

Agree...

Last year the Colts needed just one more win over those last three games and they're in the playoffs.  Wentz wet the bed...guiding team to three straight losses.  Final one...an embarrassing loss to the Jags.  Colts were right in getting rid of him. 

Matt Ryan has guided his teams to division titles...and one time to the Supe.  No way Ryan doesn't come away with a win or two and put the Colts in last year's playoffs.  This change of scenery could be rejuvenating for him.  Ryan gives Colts a shot at a playoff spot this year for sure. 

At worst...an excellent bridge QB...and mentor...if Colts decide to take a QB in this draft.  The rookie QB could sit for a year and learn a lot from Ryan. 

From all angles...a real good trade by the Colts. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If you're the Panthers and you missed out on Watson and Wilson, were never going to get Matty Ice, and have one of the best RBs in the league entering his 6th season to go with a decent WR group, what are you going to do?  Hope you can draft the next Herbert or Burrow, roll with Darnold, or take a chance that Mayfield might be able to move the team to the next level?

Honestly,  Mayfield  was in an amazing situation.  He had Landry and OBJ as his WR's, Chubb and Hunt as his RB's, Njoku who I thinks sucks btw but seems a lot of people line him so what do I know, and a really good OL and a pretty good D and he couldn't  get that team to win. How is Carolina going to be different.