The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

While this is true in theory, it depends how unhappy he is and how disruptive he gets. 

It doesn't really do them any favors to hang onto a player who doesn't want to be in your their room. 

Players who want to be traded have a way of getting traded.

Either they change his mind or he gets moved before the draft. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

While this is true in theory, it depends how unhappy he is and how disruptive he gets. 

It doesn't really do them any favors to hang onto a player who doesn't want to be in your their room. 

Players who want to be traded have a way of getting traded.

Either they change his mind or he gets moved before the draft. 

This is true. Teams cry foul and explain how they control him for Z number of years and say he is not getting traded then a few days later Scheffter is breaking news.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ehh, as terrific as he was last year - he's didn't light the league on fire since coming into the NFL. He's been good, but take away all the extra production at RB, and he's been hot/cold, banged up at times but uber talented. Nothing i would mindlessly through money and picks at. 

There's also the fact that while he was with Lafleur he avg about 60/800/3

not saying he's not a good target to trade for, but... i think i have a more tempered value assigned to him. 

That along with his 130 yards running for 3 TD's is a monster rookie year from the lens of a Jet WR let alone the league. 

12 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

hypothetically, tyreke hill and devante adams, as proven pros, would also go #1 overall, yet the cost to trade for them was nowhere near the value of the #1 pick (or the #10 pick for that matter)

If they were entering year 4 of their careers I would give up 10 for Adams in a heartbeat too. ( Hill has forever been banished from my interest in him as a Jet for off the field reasons).  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This is true. Teams cry foul and explain how they control him for Z number of years and say he is not getting traded then a few days later Scheffter is breaking news.

Waiting for Lynch's  "we want Deebo to be a 49er for life" announcement...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I would love for posters that want to trade for him to explain why he is worth 30 mil a year?    The only reason he wants to be traded is because SF does not believe he is worth it.   
He is a nice weapon but not a top 5 wr and not a player worth a huge contract. 
He is going to get someone fired that will pay him that kind of money. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

I would love for posters that want to trade for him to explain why he is worth 30 mil a year?    The only reason he wants to be traded is because SF does not believe he is worth it.   

Can you explain why you don't think hes a top 5 receiver? If you asked around the league, that would definitely be the consensus, and his production last season indicated that he is

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

He literally was a top 5 WR in yards last year with a pedestrian Jimmy G as QB. And he’s only 26 years old, so I don’t know what you’re talking about 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

After reading why he wants to be traded my interest has waned by a LOT in the player.  No thanks, the whole thing that has made him sought after is because of how he was used last year.   If he is not willing to be used as such then he is just another medium to good player. 

Not worth it.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

hypothetically, tyreke hill and devante adams, as proven pros, would also go #1 overall, yet the cost to trade for them was nowhere near the value of the #1 pick (or the #10 pick for that matter)

9 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

If they were entering year 4 of their careers I would give up 10 for Adams in a heartbeat too. ( Hill has forever been banished from my interest in him as a Jet for off the field reasons).  

I'm actually going to walk back my statement on Adams. No, I would not have given up #10 for Davante entering into his 4th year. 

Here's the difference as to why the first 3 years of Deebo > first 3 years of Devante:

Deebo Samuel: 38 GP / 167 Rec / 2598 Yds / 10 TD + 550 Yds Rushing / 11 TD

Devante Adams: 45 GP / 163 Rec / 1926 Yds / 16 TD

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

After reading why he wants to be traded my interest has waned by a LOT in the player.  No thanks, the whole thing that has made him sought after is because of how he was used last year.   If he is not willing to be used as such then he is just another medium to good player. 

Not worth it.

He's a 1400 yd receiver regardless of the rushing. Still like it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

well after 3 years, adams averaged 642 yards and 5.3 TDs a season, so you are not talking about the devante adams of today.

the point remains, there are many players who are traded for draft picks, where in a hypothetical, the "accomplished pro" version of them would be drafted well before the draft pick used to acquire them.  that's because veteran players, especially those that require contract extensions, have a much greater cost than just the draft pick used to acquire them.  last year's #10 pick signed a 4-year, $20 million contract.  samuel will likely want more than $20 million annually.

to be clear, i'm not against trading for samuel and signing him to an extension.  but there is no need to give up the #10 pick when no one else will come close to that trade compensation.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Name your top 5

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not worth it.

He had 1400 yards receiving last year. We don’t need his 300 rushing anyway, don’t need to play him at RB

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Simple. The market that has been set by the current "top 5" guys who are 3 years older than him. 

Complicating things for SF is that the WR franchise tag is going to be wildly more expensive next year thanks to all the new contracts.  Can't say without doing the research, but I suspect if it's $18.4M now, it can easily top $20M next year.  The 49ers currently have the worst cap situation in the league, and while it's better next year, they are going to have to deal with Bosa's contract by then.  I'm sure they could make it work if they really wanted to, but I get the sense they aren't ready to cough up $20M/year for Samuel.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Throw me a swing pass.  I catch it and run for 18 yards.

It’d take you 20 minutes to run 18 yards probably lol plus Jets run same system as SF. Deebo would be perfect fit. Don’t understand people who don’t want him 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He had 1400 yards receiving last year. We don’t need his 300 rushing anyway, don’t need to play him at RB

He is a lesser player in that case, who as a defense you do not have to game plan to be a runner, thus affecting almost very way he is used.

He was used in a way that was maximally efficient last year making him the big threat player he is now.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, his effectiveness as a player will dive if he is just a wr.

• Upvote 1