The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love trolling you about your wrongness on Braxton Berrios wayyyyyy more than I love Braxton Berrios.  And I do like the kid a lot.  I just like making you look silly a lot more. 

Even when you're dead wrong about something (which is often), you convince yourself you were right.  SEE ALSO:  Darnold, Sam.

you do love being a troll no doubt, its kind of sad at this point. I only keep going on in response to your never ending silly comments tagging me about Berrios all the time. You dont have a funny take or even an intelligent argument, I assume it just some sort of man love thing you have for your man, but whatever it is feel free to keep going. Berrios needs to be replaced with a better WR eventually and not over paid as is any other back up. People like  @Spoot-Face don't even grasp the conversation we started so long ago, but you. You have read every word of the conversation and know you are wrong, just like you were with Darnold... its kind of your MO at this point 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If he gets moved, I predict it is to Atlanta. 

The silver lining there is we likely get to take the first WR off the board next Thursday. 

Been hyped all day and I just had the wind taking out of me when i read geography is a factor. I’ve already had my let down. I’m guessing Atlanta also. By east coast, my guess is the southeast. Nobody in my lifetime has been like, I’m trying to move to NJ. You live there because you were born there or got priced out of NYC.

• Upvote 1

Remember the salary cap is going up a lot the next couple of years. Boomer predicated a $300m cap soon. So bottom line if you can get him and give him a 5 year $125m deal it’ll still be a bargain especially considering when guys like Justin Jefferson, Jamaar Chase, Cooper Kupp, Elijah Moore start looking for new contracts 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Been hyped all day and I just had the wind taking out of me when i read geography is a factor. I’ve already had my let down. I’m guessing Atlanta also. By east coast, my guess is the southeast. Nobody in my lifetime has been like, I’m trying to move to NJ. You live there because you were born there or got priced out of NYC.

Bingo 

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Just now, Gramsci said:

Imo, he goes wherever he gets paid the most.

While I agree, by most accounts Hill chose Miami because of location.  He wanted to be in Fl.  

If SF is going to trade him - and like Hill, compensation to SF is comparable - and multiple teams have similar offers (or are willing to match the best offer) He's going to choose where he wants.

The way it played out with Hill.

We have to hope Saleh, LaFleur have some sway in this.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Is there a link or anything that has Deebo & Co. asking for 30+ mil a year? Truly curious. 

There was a tweet by a friend or family member or whatever that said 25M minimum.

The additional 5M is the tax they'd have to pay to get him to come to the Jets.

Based on his '21 level of production and the contracts that are being paid to WRs these days, he and his agent have an easy argument for 25+ M.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

While I agree, by most accounts Hill chose Miami because of location.  He wanted to be in Fl.  

If SF is going to trade him - and like Hill, compensation to SF is comparable - and multiple teams have similar offers (or are willing to match the best offer) He's going to choose where he wants.

The way it played out with Hill.

We have to hope Saleh, LaFleur have some sway in this.

He chose Florida as well because he will get taxed significantly less on his income, not to mention that the Dolphins are in a way more privileged position to compete. I think it was more so a combination of factors, than the fact of just being Miami. 

I don't see the same differences betweens Atlanta and New Jersey - Which for all intents and purposes, the Jets still have the global market of NYC as an advantage. 

I always remember the example of Odell Beckham Jr being an actual famous player worldwide when compared to any other NFL WR. That only happened because of New York. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

East coast, warm weather, much closer to where he grew up, not New Jersey 

To add: Looks like his family still lives in South Carolina (3hr drive away from Atlanta). He is home shopping in Miami which is where he trains in the offseason. 

• Upvote 1