The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

Is anyone just a wee bit concerned that the Jets are about to trade for a player who became grievously disgruntled playing on a Super Bowl contender in a system that was tailor-made specifically to take advantage of his talents?

+has had one good season. This is how rebuilding again every few years usually starts.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RSJ said:

+has had one good season. This is how rebuilding again every few years usually starts.

He had a good rookie year. Had a fracture in his foot in the second season. Was all timey good last year. 

It's way more risky making the pick at 10 and using it on a receiver. Way more. It just fells safer. It's not.

He had a good rookie year. Had a fracture in his foot in the second season. Was all timey good last year. 
It's way more risky making the pick at 10 and using it on a receiver. Way more. It just fells safer. It's not.

800 yards is a good year? Keelan Cole must be a pro bowler in your eyes.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Ok, so I don't get the contract argument.

Let's say we draft Drake London or Jameson Williams or whoever you like at 10. Isn't the dream for the player you draft to turn into a guy who gets a big contract? I don't get the obsession over the contract. 

I totally get worrying about his durability or even that he isn't as good as people think (even though I think he's pretty damn good), but I don't get the contract stuff. Wilson is on his rookie deal. This is the window to spend big on pieces around him. 

https://voca.ro/13zg6NnX2SDG

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not a fan of Deebo for 10 and change? 

Is 10 and change a massive package though? (I can’t type massive package without thinking of my own,  but I digress…) 

Pauline was talking about a Godfather style offer they can’t refuse. I’m starting to think Freuland knoew what she was talking about Sunday.

• Upvote 1

With the rumor of Moore being asked for in a deal and the Eagles possibly being in the mix, it makes me wonder if they are offering Reagor (who is supposedly on the block per reports today) and one of their #1s for Deebo. That would explain the player & pick from us speculation. 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Is 10 and change a massive package (I can’t type massive package without thinking of my own,  but I digress…) though?

Pauline was talking about a Godfather style offer they can’t refuse. I’m starting to think Freuland knoew what she was talking about Sunday.

Well, if that's the offer, then it's a ridiculous trade. But I don't buy that Douglas would do that. 

We'll see what happens. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

On the 49ers message boards they're already predictably turning on Deebo, saying he sucks, he's overrated....starting to whine and moan already

This is what I was saying earlier, the way lynch is handing this bringing him back will be a disaster without paying him 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Tyreek Hill rookie year- 593 yards

Davante Adams - 446

Cooper Kupp - 869

Your argument is doofy

We live in this bizarre world of instant gratification now where, if rookies aren't immediately hall of famers, they aren't any good. 

It's like no one understands that young players need an opportunity to figure out the NFL game and improve. 90% of this board would have cut Troy Aikman. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

More than likely we overpay in draft capital, contract and get this dude for three good years, maybe four.

It's never ideal unless you draft the superstar yourself.

I'd say for Wilson's make-or-break-year, this is a price worth paying.

Ekwonu & Deebo from picks 4 and 10, even if it means we can't recoup capital via trade down, is pretty good.

It sucks that Becton and Mims didn't work out. But we've got surplus assets from two great trades.

Let's take a risk here.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Random idea that works for teams like the Steelers and Pats year in and year out:

GM picks players and the coaching staff earns their check by DEVELOPING said player.

Trey Lance is basically Jordan Love and SF needs a bailout. Hopefully Jets dont get sucked into this.

I heard Bucky Brooks say this today, that the Niners won’t even blink because they can just slide Aiyuk into the Deebo slot and draft someone like Drake London or Treylon Burks to be their slot guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is the major issue that we aren't talking about enough

It's still not clear what the issue was there. I think we need to learn that sooner than later

It's obviously the sheer amount of poop that I've just learned is apparently littering the streets of San Francisco.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Is 10 and change a massive package though? (I can’t type massive package without thinking of my own,  but I digress…) 

I always assumed anything better than 6 and change was a massive package

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Not gonna lie,  #10 + a big contract for Deebo is alittle concerning. He's not a traditional receiver, you have to move him around gadget style. 

LaFleur had him in SF. I'd really think they know what they're getting. 

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

More than likely we overpay in draft capital, contract and get this dude for three good years, maybe four.

It's never ideal unless you draft the superstar yourself.

I'd say for Wilson's make-or-break-year, this is price worth paying.

Ekwonu & Deebo from picks 4 and 10, even if it means we can't recoup capital via trade down, is pretty good.

It sucks that Becton and Mims didn't work out. But we've got surplus assets from two great trades.

Let's take a risk here.

We'd at least give ourselves a shot to compete offensively with anyone. It would all be on Kapono and if he isn't the guy none of this would matter because we're ****ed anyway.

• Upvote 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

I heard Bucky Brooks say this today, that the Niners won’t even blink because they can just slide Aiyuk into the Deebo slot and draft someone like Drake London or Treylon Burks to be their slot guy. 

Makes you wonder why the jets don’t just draft london.  If the ask is absurd i think the jets are better off taking a wr and having him on a rookie deal.  Truth if london actually ran a decent 40 he wouldn’t be there at 10 anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1