The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The nightmare is over.  Disaster averted!

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

I want Deebo. I've advocated for Deebo.

But one thing is for sure, JD set a price (probably a week ago before this hit twitter) and will not deviate/overpay beyond that price. I support this approach.

That's why I know all these rumors of massive hauls are complete nonsense.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s what we do here though. We opine, we laugh, we fight… in the end though we’re all hoping for the same thing, the Jets to start winning.

We’re a bunch of diehards who like to throw in our two cents about everything.

Even though we rarely know what’s really going on behind the scenes, we like to act like we know better than those who do.

Problem is most of us do know better at times ?‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Have no idea what the sticking point is but I feel like this may go down as a huge missed opportunity for both teams when Deebo goes somewhere else next year and balls out.

niners can always tag deebo after this year, so he can't just walk at year end.  granted that franchise tag at WR is going to sky-rocket with the recent contracts being handed out

Just now, GreenFish said:

The DK ship has sailed. Seattle rejected our trade offer. Im on McLaurin. 

Why would Washington not just pay him - isn't he basically their biggest bright spot along with Chase Young?

It feels like the trade for a legit #1 dream is on dead. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why would Washington not just pay him - isn't he basically their biggest bright spot along with Chase Young?

It feels like the trade for a legit #1 dream is on dead. 

I dont know. He’s our last hope for a proven number 1.

Jets twitter has a little over 24hrs to start some sh*t up. Release some emails. Something has to be out there with Dan Snyder insulting McLaurin.

• Haha 1

lynch and Shann dumb af

holding a player hostage who has shown he’s willing to go scorched earth via his family 

As Grant put it 9ers can’t realistically pay Deebo what he’s asking for and all he has to do is pull a Jalen Ramsey.

Lynch you are a idiot who will be fired very very soon because Shann ain’t going nowhere!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Well yeah, we need #4 to make a lateral move at OT so we can give Drake London the 10 seconds he needs to separate from the DB.

I just wanna say I'm a huge fan of the Harvey Dent/Two Face LARP you do on these boards when it comes to JD. 

I'm anxiously awaiting the avatar update to reflect the scarred side of the coin as well.

Drake London sucks

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Well yeah, we need #4 to make a lateral move at OT so we can give Drake London the 10 seconds he needs to separate from the DB.

We were doomed when Tyreek decided to take his talents to South Beach.

Or perhaps when Ridley decided to take inspiration from Pete Rose.

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

We were doomed when Tyreek decided to take his talents to South Beach.

Or perhaps when Ridley decided to take inspiration from Pete Rose.

The Ridley thing hurt more.

The whole “GM decides to fall in love with slow but tall WR who is a bad scheme fit because he doesn’t want to pony up beyond his stupid f*cking chart” might hurt us the most.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Can’t wait to draft Drake London, or some trash scrub in the second.

I’m gonna be f*cking sick.

The slander on Drake London around here is amazing. Dude would be a great fit in this offense. Obviously prefer Deebo, but if it happens I'm def good with it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

The slander on Drake London around here is amazing. Dude would be a great fit in this offense. 

Is it his piss poor route running or lack of speed that would make him a great fit?  I can’t figure out which I like more.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Is it his piss poor route running or lack of speed that would make him a great fit?  I can’t figure out which I like more.

Route running isn't perfect granted but at his size and speed, London can be a power slot that dominates. 6"4", 215! His catch radius is ridiculous, and for someone that's on Zach for inaccuracy, this is the dude you want to erase those mistakes. The speed stuff is way overblown. Most people assume he's slow because Will Levis can't throw a deep ball, that's not London's fault. Again, I'd prefer Deebo obviously, but let's not make Drake London out to be some crap scenario.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Or this is just JD putting out a massive F U smoke screen to John Lynch. Douglas playing the game the right way, he’s not going to be taken advantage of

This is put out with the hopes that Deebo will go scorched earth on the 49ers and put way more pressure on them to deal him. 

• Sympathy 1