The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

Verified Twitter guru, Vincent Frank, who tweeted that ridiculous trade package that includes Moore, now tweets that Moore is the hold up because the 49ers want Moore. Tweeting while high is not pretty. I’m not on Twitter so I can’t repost. I saw it In another forum.

@Joe W. Namath are you really Vincent Frank incognito?

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Frank Vincent would have a better take on this situation TODAY

I don't know this guy from a hole in the wall. Some posters claim he has been right about the niners on many previous occasions. IDK, all I have today is this type of speculation. Still, way too much if even close to being true.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Filling just one WR spot, with a hybrid who'll be pissed off the first time Zach underthrows him, and will bitch and whine in the NY media while getting a bajillion dollars a year, that seems like a traditional Dan Snyder/Redskins type move.

He had 77 catches on 121 targets. I think he'll live with it.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not that I think it’s a good deal but Jets fans turning Elijah Moore into Jerry Rice is typical. Moore looks promising but he missed a lot of time last year with fairly minor injuries. 

It's not about Elijah Moore being great. It's a nonsensical proposal that's 100% bullsh*t. That type of trade never happens in the NFL. 

Teams don't just look at sh*t in a vacuum. "Drrr is Deebo better than Elijah..drrr." Doesn't work that way.

• Upvote 1

“According to Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network, Jets general manager Joe Douglas remains open to the thought of using the 10th overall pick to make a sizeable trade. It has already been reported that the team is “all-in” on acquiring Deebo Samuel and that their second Day 1 selection is on the table to do so.”

“As Pauline reports, however, the same is true with regards to D.K. Metcalf. “If Douglas could pry [Metcalf] from the Seattle Seahawks with the 10th pick”, Pauline writes, “he would make that move”. The Jets were named as one of the teams calling Seattle about the 24-year-old’s availability earlier this month. Similar to the 49ers when asked about Samuel, however, the Seahawks have maintained that they are not looking to trade him, prioritizing an extension instead.

New York already made a significant push – in terms of both draft capital to facilitate a trade, and financial commitment on a long-term deal – to try and land Tyreek Hill when it became known he would be on his way out of Kansas City. If they come up short on landing Samuel, they should still be well in range of most, if not all, of this year’s top receiving prospects. Included among those is Jameson Williams, whom the Jets have shown interest in; assuming he recovers from a torn ACL, he has the potential to provide a similar skillset to what Metcalf offers.”

I’m all for this while on the clock at 10, even though the Metcalf one is less likely

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Filling just one WR spot, with a hybrid who'll be pissed off the first time Zach underthrows him, and will bitch and whine in the NY media while getting a bajillion dollars a year, that seems like a traditional Dan Snyder/Redskins type move.

Hmm, I think this is the crux of your position against trading for Deebo. You don't think Zach is, or can be, the guy, so why bother giving him an expensive toy to play with? He's just going to misuse and break it, right? Let him play with these cheap toys until he earns those expensive toys.

My position is this team can use a really good veteran receiver right now, not because that will "fix" Wilson, but because it'll leave no excuses and give him every opportunity to succeed should he be capable of in his own right. If we give him a solid OL, a WR group including, Deebo, Moore, Davis, Berrios, a revamped TE group, plus MC, and he still fails to be a top-15 QB, then we can start looking to move on in 2023.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

It's not about Elijah Moore being great. It's a nonsensical proposal that's 100% bullsh*t. That type of trade never happens in the NFL. 

Teams don't just look at sh*t in a vacuum. "Drrr is Deebo better than Elijah..drrr." Doesn't work that way.

Nothing is nonsensical if there’s two teams willing to tango. Moore was always going to get asked about because he’s basically the only tradeable asset who’s a player on the roster. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Nothing is nonsensical if there’s two teams willing to tango. Moore was always going to get asked about because he’s basically the only tradeable asset who’s a player on the roster. 

I guarantee you 100% the Jets will not give up Moore. They're not going to tango. Not because he's the best player ever, but because it makes no sense for them to do so in this type of situation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not that I think it’s a good deal but Jets fans turning Elijah Moore into Jerry Rice is typical. Moore looks promising but he missed a lot of time last year with fairly minor injuries. 

He's probably overhyped by us, but it's more about the nonsensical nature of offering Wilson's most talented WR in a trade to acquire . . . a WR. It defeats the purpose. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Dude, stop being a contrarian. It makes no sense to give up a young WR PLUS PICKS when besides Berrios, no one is guaranteed to be here after this season. It is an extremely dumb trade and I am surprised your take is that we are all dumb and not that the proposed "trade" is dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Teflon-Don said:

“According to Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network, Jets general manager Joe Douglas remains open to the thought of using the 10th overall pick to make a sizeable trade. It has already been reported that the team is “all-in” on acquiring Deebo Samuel and that their second Day 1 selection is on the table to do so.”

“As Pauline reports, however, the same is true with regards to D.K. Metcalf. “If Douglas could pry [Metcalf] from the Seattle Seahawks with the 10th pick”, Pauline writes, “he would make that move”. The Jets were named as one of the teams calling Seattle about the 24-year-old’s availability earlier this month. Similar to the 49ers when asked about Samuel, however, the Seahawks have maintained that they are not looking to trade him, prioritizing an extension instead.

New York already made a significant push – in terms of both draft capital to facilitate a trade, and financial commitment on a long-term deal – to try and land Tyreek Hill when it became known he would be on his way out of Kansas City. If they come up short on landing Samuel, they should still be well in range of most, if not all, of this year’s top receiving prospects. Included among those is Jameson Williams, whom the Jets have shown interest in; assuming he recovers from a torn ACL, he has the potential to provide a similar skillset to what Metcalf offers.”

I’m all for this while on the clock at 10, even though the Metcalf one is less likely

Interesting. I'd prefer Metcalf personally.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

As usual, there is a huge gap between realizing that Moore is a really good young player on a rookie deal and your typical "OMG why do you guys think he is Jerry Rice" nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Interesting. I'd prefer Metcalf personally.

It's funny. Deebo has been my favorite of the bunch forever, but now that we're at the endgame I find myself maybe leaning DK overall now. I'd say DK is the safest bet out of all the guys. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's probably overhyped by us, but it's more about the nonsensical nature of offering Wilson's most talented WR in a trade to acquire . . . a WR. It defeats the purpose. 

He played 11 games last year. Obviously there’s promise but again the coaches and staff will know more about his long term outlook and weigh that in a potential trade. The main concern with Moore is availability. 

Just now, slats said:

The hybrid thing really doesn’t hold water. The guy has 2598 receiving yards over 38 games, averaging over 15 ypc with a 67.9 catch%. He’s a receiver, and allegedly it’s being used as a hybrid type player that has him disgruntled. That’s where having a guy like Berrios is great, because he’s the guy on this roster who’ll be asked to do most of the gadget plays SF uses Deebo on. This isn’t just a name, this is a guy who’ll upgrade the WR room in a major way. 

Like I’ve said, I’m on the fence with this one, and I don’t think I’ll be terribly unhappy whichever way it turns out. I don’t see JD getting fleeced (he’s not trading Elijah Moore as part of any deal, for instance), he’ll walk away first. 

I don't disagree per se, but again, all comes down to cost.  You simply do not know Moore isn't part of any proposed deal JD would consider.

And is one big name WR worth losing another WR (@ Pick #10), plus our best existing WR (Moore) and/or a number of picks where we could (in theory) get say, a LB, a Tackle and a DT or another Edge?

Is that what THIS Jets team needs now, today? A big name WR and nothing much else outside our #1 pick at #4? 

Are we a Deeboo away from a Super Bowl run? :-k

We.  Need.  Players.  Alot of players.  We're not close, today, to being a contender.  Deeboo doesn't change that.

And if Zach doesn't take a literal HUGE stride, we won't be contenders in 2022 or 2023 either, Deeboo or no Deeboo.

If we were a team with a Zach Wilson established as a top 10 NFL QB, and who won 11 games last year and just missed advancing to the AFCCG, sure, I'd be all over a Deeboo.  That special piece to get us over the top perhaps.

We are soooooooo not that team today.  We are literally one of the worst, least talented teams in the NFL.  We are what our record says we are, not what the optimists wish and dream we are.  We're not a Deeboo away from anything.

It's just not how I would team-build.  It reeks of Dan Snyderism to me.  

But if that's what fans want, they're entitled to that.  I just think it's a mistake.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As usual, there is a huge gap between realizing that Moore is a really good young player on a rookie deal and your typical "OMG why do you guys think he is Jerry Rice" nonsense. 

Saying he’s untouchable in a trade for an all pro is absurd. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not turning him in anything. They are not trading him. Thats all

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's funny. Deebo has been my favorite of the bunch forever, but now that we're at the endgame I find myself maybe leaning DK overall now. I'd say DK is the safest bet out of all the guys. 

I'd be ecstatic with either to immediately improve our WR corps and not hope some drafted guy just immediately fits in. Love the fact that DK is just a giant beast who has never missed a game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Would you include Moore in a trade for Deebo if the Jets keep #4, #10, and their #35 pick? 

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Dude, stop being a contrarian. It makes no sense to give up a young WR PLUS PICKS when besides Berrios, no one is guaranteed to be here after this season. It is an extremely dumb trade and I am surprised your take is that we are all dumb and not that the proposed "trade" is dumb. 

It probably doesn’t. I’m specifically talking about Moore as a player. They Niners were  always going to ask. And as of now he’s an injury prone question mark.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He played 11 games last year. Obviously there’s promise but again the coaches and staff will know more about his long term outlook and weigh that in a potential trade. The main concern with Moore is availability. 

That's an even bigger concern with Samuel.

The point remains that Hughes or anyone else wasn't needed to refute this. It was never happening.

The only scenario where a team trades a guy like Moore, who everyone knows we're high on internally, is if a Joe Burrow type QB is available and you need to package a deal. The Jets have hopes that Moore will some day be at Deebo's level. He's pretty much untradeable for now.

If they want a recently drafted 2nd round WR there is one we can offer but it sure as hell isn't Moore. 

• Upvote 1