The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Let me see if I have this straight.

He caught the ball on his 31.  Ran to the opposing 28.  And this is the clip used to knock him for not having speed.

Did I get that right?

LOL was thinking the same thing. A 40+ yard play is somehow proof that he sucks. ?

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This tells me that Deebo doesn’t want to play for the Jets or the Lions.

I mean if I’m Deebo and I’m going to go scorched earth to push my way out using my family, don’t I look at all the realistic potential trade destinations before I make my move?

if He really wanted to stay and just need contract leverage he wouldn’t push the organization or fan base this hard.

Deebo would just do the classic ask for a trade, hold out and more importantly: remain silent.

So Idk 

maybe he’s just insane ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Let me see if I have this straight.

He caught the ball on his 31.  Ran to the opposing 28.  And this is the clip used to knock him for not having speed.

Did I get that right?

Generally when two guys are running towards you and you run past them in the opposite direction, they can’t catch up.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

LOL was thinking the same thing. A 40+ yard play is somehow proof that he sucks. ?

Not that he sucks, that he’s slow.

It’s pretty simple, he’s completely uncovered, runs past guys with them going in the other direction, has a clear path to the endzone with their momentum going the wrong way and then they turn around and catch him.

If you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. Guys don’t need to be fast to be good receivers, but London doesn’t have good top end speed.

Burks ran a 4.55 and outran Alabama guys with an angle for a long touchdown. London had one career play over 50 yards. He should’ve scored on this play. He’s slow.

• Upvote 4

If he doesn't give up the tenth pick and would have had him for that:

1 - He uses the tenth on a WR and the one he chooses must be as good or better than the other two (assuming it's Wilson, the Giraffe or Williams) and they'd better be at the minimum decent and hopefully it doesn't cost you ballgames because he will get roasted for trusting himself to pick the right guy instead of taking the sure thing.

2 - He uses the fourth pick on a receiver which means he used a higher pick on that guy than he could have had Deebo for.

3 - He foregoes using any first rounder on a receiver and he's in deeper sh*t than he was in the first two scenarios.

He'd also better PRAY he uses the money he saved by not trading for Deebo wisely or he's done as well. 

Trading 10 for Deebo is actually the safest thing he can do and the one thing that will help his #2 pick from last year look like a professional QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

If Douglas somehow loses Deebo to the Lions, this fanbase will turn on him with the quickness. 

He needs to be really careful right now. The commission has whacked more important people than Joe Douglas. 

If we do not get him, I believe JD will be judged on what the other team had to give up. If it is a massive, ridiculous deal, I think a lot of people will get it.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

I mean if I’m Deebo and I’m going to go scorched earth to push my way out using my family, don’t I look at all the realistic potential trade destinations before I make my move?

if He really wanted to stay and just need contract leverage he wouldn’t push the organization or fan base this hard.

Deebo would just do the classic ask for a trade, hold out and more importantly: remain silent.

So Idk 

maybe he’s just insane ?‍♂️

If I’m Deebo, I tell the Niners exactly where my trade destination is going to be and I let them figure it out. I don’t think he’s doing all this so he can end up  like Corey Davis, personally. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I’m Deebo, I tell the Niners exactly where my trade destination is going to be and I let them figure it out. I don’t think he’s doing all this so he can end up  like Corey Davis, personally. 

I assume they could go as far as letting him choose between the teams willing to trade/pay him but I don't think it'll go beyond that. If he gets the money, I don't think he'll really care. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I assume they could go as far as letting him choose between the teams willing to trade/pay him but I don't think it'll go beyond that. If he gets the money, I don't think he'll really care. 

Say, hypothetically, the Cowboys offer him $25 mil per. How much more would you offer him to be a Jet? 

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If he doesn't give up the tenth pick and would have had him for that:

1 - He uses the tenth on a WR and the one he chooses must be as good or better than the other two (assuming it's Wilson, the Giraffe or Williams) and they'd better be at the minimum decent and hopefully it doesn't cost you ballgames because he will get roasted for trusting himself to pick the right guy instead of taking the sure thing.

2 - He uses the fourth pick on a receiver which means he used a higher pick on that guy than he could have had Deebo for.

3 - He foregoes using any first rounder on a receiver and he's in deeper sh*t than he was in the first two scenarios.

He'd also better PRAY he uses the money he saved by not trading for Deebo wisely or he's done as well. 

Trading 10 for Deebo is actually the safest thing he can do and the one thing that will help his #2 pick from last year look like a professional QB.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Duh, but Dallas is a rival and not attempting to trade.

I’m sure San Fran would prefer to not trade him to Dallas, but if Deebo digs his heels in, the choice becomes 1. Work out some reasonable compensation with Dallas or 2. Pony up $30 mil and pay Deebo themselves. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m sure San Fran would prefer to not trade him to Dallas, but if Deebo digs his heels in, the choice becomes 1. Work out some reasonable compensation with Dallas or 2. Pony up $30 mil and pay Deebo themselves. 

Cool?

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

These niners fans are delusional! 10, 38, and next years 1?!!! Lmao they’re gonna be severely disappointed. Fleece them JD!

AC5580D4-1DEF-4C3F-B221-2E8F391E59D4.png

The compensation of around 1300 draft value points is set. The only way I see us getting away from that is if Woody gets involved and forces it.

People seem to think that because SF owns the rights to Deebo that they have the leverage. Not sure that is the case. Deebo could sit out 10 games this year and not lose much money at all, and then the threat of doing the same under the franchise tag has a good amount of weight.  If he is really not negotiating at all, the pressure is on SF. They can live with a gigantic headache for 2 years and try and tag and trade in 2 years or recoup something now.

If I am JD I am not the guy that blinks. I make my offer and let it sit letting SF know you won't do it draft day or without a new contract in place and let it play out. As long as it is around that 1300 point value there is a good chance SF blinks. 

I hope not, I do not get a good feeling about this. Once a malcontent "me" guy always that guy,

I’m at the point where I don’t really give a **** about Deebo tbh. It’s been 2 weeks of this non sense we’re 24 hours from the draft and know as much now as we did 2 weeks ago. This guys causing this much trouble playing for a contender, he’s going to be Jamal 2.0 here when we’re losing 

4 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Fair, and I get it, but to me the speed as a bit of a secondary. He has good speed, and can separate and at that size, that's enough. I don't need to see blinding speed to be sold. Again, that's just me. I'm not making him out to be the second coming. I just won't be pulling the fire alarm and crying if he's the pick. 

There are different kinds of WR1s. I think the Brandon Marshall/ Demaryius Thomas/Mike Williams/Michael Thomas type is absolutely viable and may be a better complement to what we have...

But if Garret Wilson is there and our staff thinks he is a better fit, awesome. 

But we need a WR1...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

There are different kinds of WR1s. I think the Brandon Marshall/ Demaryius Thomas/Mike Williams/Michael Thomas type is absolutely viable and may be a better complement to what we have...

But if Garret Wilson is there and our staff thinks he is a better fit, awesome. 

But we need a WR1...

I'm not saying I don't like Wilson at all. He'd be a good fit too. I just think London is a skillset we don't have at the moment which would fit well. If Wilson is the pick, I could easily get into it. I do prefer London though. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Say, hypothetically, the Cowboys offer him $25 mil per. How much more would you offer him to be a Jet? 

If the Jets get Deebo they will be just as good on offense as the Cowboys talent wise but then how good the offense plays still comes down to the QB. Keeping in mind the Cowboys OL is in decline the Jets is on the rise

So screw what the Cowboys would offer we would offer the same

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, derp said:

Not that he sucks, that he’s slow.

It’s pretty simple, he’s completely uncovered, runs past guys with them going in the other direction, has a clear path to the endzone with their momentum going the wrong way and then they turn around and catch him.

If you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. Guys don’t need to be fast to be good receivers, but London doesn’t have good top end speed.

Burks ran a 4.55 and outran Alabama guys with an angle for a long touchdown. London had one career play over 50 yards. He should’ve scored on this play. He’s slow.

Drake london was recorded going 22.6 mph on game film 

He's not slow 

• Upvote 1