The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

Route running isn't perfect granted but at his size and speed, London can be a power slot that dominates. 6"4", 215! His catch radius is ridiculous, and for someone that's on Zach for inaccuracy, this is the dude you want to erase those mistakes. The speed stuff is way overblown. Most people assume he's slow because Will Levis can't throw a deep ball, that's not London's fault. Again, I'd prefer Deebo obviously, but let's not make Drake London out to be some crap scenario.

Other people assume he's slow because he conveniently chose to not run the 40, which just happened to be the test that folks were most worried about for him. 

I actually like London and could live with the pick, but people are frustrated by constantly being teased. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Other people assume he's slow because he conveniently chose to not run the 40, which just happened to be the test that folks were most worried about for him. 

I actually like London and could live with the pick, but people are frustrated by constantly being teased. 

Fair, and I get it, but to me the speed as a bit of a secondary. He has good speed, and can separate and at that size, that's enough. I don't need to see blinding speed to be sold. Again, that's just me. I'm not making him out to be the second coming. I just won't be pulling the fire alarm and crying if he's the pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Route running isn't perfect granted but at his size and speed, London can be a power slot that dominates. 6"4", 215! His catch radius is ridiculous, and for someone that's on Zach for inaccuracy, this is the dude you want to erase those mistakes. The speed stuff is way overblown. Most people assume he's slow because Will Levis can't throw a deep ball, that's not London's fault. Again, I'd prefer Deebo obviously, but let's not make Drake London out to be some crap scenario.

I do think he’s actually slow. This isn’t team inability to throw the deep ball, the caption about not needing to cover him is hyperbolic but other guys in this class house that play with ease.

That said, if he’s Keenan Allen that’s a win. I still personally think they need a field stretcher but London and Moore moving between Y and Z with a more traditional X is fine.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, derp said:

I do think he’s actually slow. This isn’t team inability to throw the deep ball, the caption about not needing to cover him is hyperbolic but other guys in this class house that play with ease.

That said, if he’s Keenan Allen that’s a win. I still personally think they need a field stretcher but London and Moore moving between Y and Z with a more traditional X is fine.

If anything that clip shows the out and out trash pac 12 dbs he was facing while not out running and just out leaping players.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It amazes me how jets fans don’t want to spend a draft pick on a great player.  We all know that if JD were to use that pick, you all would just whine and b!tch about whoever was picked in a year anyway.

A WR's just a WR. But a mystery box could be anything -- it could even be a WR!!

Let's take the mystery box!

image.png

A remarkably apt reference, actually.

Trouble is, it's not a one-for-one.  If the deal was "One #10 overall draft pick for Deebo Samuel", thats one thing, and this reference would be spot on, 100%.

But I don't think it is.  It's more like 3 or four picks and maybe a player.  So the mystery box could be a WR, our own WR, a LB, a CB and TE.

And of course, what Deebo would be in NY is not a sure thing either.  Plenty of great players have moved and seen steep declines over the years when no longer in a great spot.

But great reference, and more accurate than not to some degree.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Though I know where you are coming from.....

Deebo Samuel 2nd round scrub

Davante Adams 2nd round scrubb

Cooper Kupp 3rd round scrub.

I can only speak for myself, but I had Davante and Deebo as 1st round talents.  Kupp?  Fair enough.

This is where some black budget sh*t needs to go down.

Someone tangentially related to, but not directly employed/affiliated with the NYJ, needs to reach out to Deebo and be like

"bruh, you got like 24 hours, 36 max. If you want out, get in front of a microphone and say you want to be traded. You do not need to elaborate as to why, you do not need to answer any questions. You just need to say it publicly yourself, not through intermediaries."

I nominate John Beck. Get it done, Johnny and find yourself with a very lucrative consulting contract that can be done remotely. ?

Honestly, in this crappy draft I would offer the 49ers the 4 pick and apply that $8mm to Deebo’s deal.  

Trading 35 and 38 would be a mistake in this draft because those are two likely starters, and i don ‘t think we can make up for those lost picks in rounds below 4.  

But even the 10 pick is a good pick, because as said above that is likely Drake London or Jameson Williams.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

Literally said the Lions were the biggest threat a few days ago.  No more 2-face on JD if we lose Deebo to the f*cking Lions.  I’m absolutely done with him and he can be Macc’d after the draft for all I care if Detroit gets him.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

I can say with almost absolute certainty that no rational Jets fan wants friggin ownership involved in this decision. 

Before Woody left he liked the flash and dash, which eventually stopped resulting in wins.

The 49ers are playing chicken because Deebo is not going to play for $4mm next year.  Lynch does not want to look like an idiot if he gives him away too cheap and don’t do as well this year as last year (which is not unlikely).   So it is really an auction-who will bid more for Deebo.  Based on the JJ draft value chart 10 at 1300 is worth more than 32 and 34 at 1150.  I think I would rather have 32 and 34, but if the 49ers want 10 and take Jameson, which reboots them cheap for the next 4 years, that may be a smarter move.