DeAndre Hopkins - Suspended

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do you need to tranquilize beavers?

Wait, what kind of beaver are we talking here?                                                       

Angry beavers, of course

really-go-on.gif

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

They didn't sign Murray.  The took the fifth year option.  Murray is still definitely waiting on an extension that may never come.

With the incoming QB class it is smart for Arizona to wait.

If the team and Murray fails this year, then Keim and Kingsbury go and you do a complete rebuild with a stacked QB class in 2023. 

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I love how everything in this statement is probably true while he's never actually denied knowingly using PED's. 

"... working with my team to investigate how I got busted." ;-)  

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I love how everything in this statement is probably true while he's never actually denied knowingly using PED's. 

How about

• the part claiming to be both shocked and confused that he had a positive test (unless the shock is that it only revealed trace elements, as he'd expect even more than that; or he was shocked because he thought whatever steps towards concealing it would've worked, or that he thought what he took would've cleared by November, lol)
  • the part of not sharing until he has "more information" (he has all the "more information" already)

Those both seem pretty untrue, or in their best light are merely intellectually dishonest (i.e. his actual shock being that he got caught). Feigning ignorance after testing positive for 3 different substances? Lmao. 

But for PR reasons he has to say this; they all say it, as none are taken to task for lying about cheating on top of the cheating itself. It might even be that they think they'll suffer a worse fate - in PR or perhaps from their team or league offices somehow - if they outright admit it. 

How could this have happened? --as though it's some enigma that he took steroids and then they actually showed up in his piss. 

#cheater

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I gotta ask

Never mind taking it, but in what situation would you need to tranquilize a beaver? I mean some pharma company developed a drug specifically to stop a beaver?

It's a total fake.  Comes right from the movie Dodgeball.

Mr. Ralph : Unfortunately for Troop 417, during the ADAA-required random drug screening, one of your player's urine tested positive for 3 separate types of anabolic steroids & a low-grade... beaver tranquilizer. I'm afraid, by rule, your team must be disqualified.

Having said that, the opportunity for mischief is so high, I have to applaud the effort of whoever got that spun up.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I prefer high grade beaver tranquillizer myself.

That's  another. Not only did this Pharma company develop a drug to stop somthing that you can scare away by throwing a rock at it, but apparently they didn't  even develop one that was very effective. The beavers are probably walking up to the guy with the dart gun says "Hey, let me get a hit of that"

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How about

• the part claiming to be both shocked and confused that he had a positive test (unless the shock is that it only revealed trace elements, as he'd expect even more than that; or he was shocked because he thought whatever steps towards concealing it would've worked, or that he thought what he took would've cleared by November, lol)
  • the part of not sharing until he has "more information" (he has all the "more information" already)

Those both seem pretty untrue, or in their best light are merely intellectually dishonest (i.e. his actual shock being that he got caught). Feigning ignorance after testing positive for 3 different substances? Lmao. 

But for PR reasons he has to say this; they all say it, as none are taken to task for lying about cheating on top of the cheating itself. It might even be that they think they'll suffer a worse fate - in PR or perhaps from their team or league offices somehow - if they outright admit it. 

How could this have happened? --as though it's some enigma that he took steroids and then they actually showed up in his piss. 

#cheater

I did mean shock that got he got caught lol. These guys normally think they're in the clear. 

The more information stuff is true unless he's hoping he can find some contaminated substance excuse which he probably has his agency working on right now. Very popular with the UFC and Boxing guys. 

Chael Sonnen set the standard for how to deal with getting busted. He claimed to actually beat the test because they only found two of about fourteen substances that he was using so that was a victory for him. Then upon returning to Bellator he said he was "basically" clean. ?

• Haha 2

Looks like someone has a sense of humor about this

Following the news, there was an online rumour that DeAndre Hopkins took beaver tranquilizer, which is why he was suspended.

The rumor appears to have come from a large Twitter account with a following of 94k followers. The post read: ‘Per sources, DeAndre Hopkins tested positive for three separate types of anabolic steroids and a low-grade beaver tranquilizer’

However, this is false and is actually a movie reference. The quote comes from the movie Dodgeball with Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn.

In the movie, the dodgeball team loses to girl scouts in the regional round of the tournament. However, the scouts are then disqualified because one of them (Bernice) is taking “three separate types of anabolic steroids & a low-grade beaver tranquilizer.”

Full article here

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/03/debunking-that-deandre-hopkins-beaver-tranquilizer-rumor/?amp