Six To Eight QB's Going In Round One Next Year - 2023

Just now, slats said:

It’s difficult to imagine what sort of disaster would have to occur for the Jets to make the decision to draft another QB next year. I’d put the odds roughly at < .5%.  

If Zach doesn’t show them enough -whatever that may be- I’d expect a marginal starting caliber QB (think: Mariota, Trunisky) to be brought in to push him from behind or take over if need be. These guys would not be in position to take another rookie QB in such a situation, they’d be looking to either salvage Zach or demonstrate (thru the backup) that the team they’re building is capable of winning, and that their jobs are worth preserving. 

If Wilson under performs but nevertheless shows improvement, then I agree that they probably go for a vet, hopefully better than those two above, "bring in the best vet you can find" + Wilson's year 3 to compete. 

But if Wilson throws it in the dirt all season long and looks atrocious again, then I personally would like a QB in that draft, especially if the class can live up to the early hype and I hope the Jets would consider the same.  I'm talking below the Mendoza line bad... I guess for NFL it would be 'below the Hackenberg line'.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If Wilson under performs but nevertheless shows improvement, then I agree that they probably go for a vet, hopefully better than those two above, "bring in the best vet you can find" + Wilson's year 3 to compete. 

But if Wilson throws it in the dirt all season long and looks atrocious again, then I personally would like a QB in that draft, especially if the class can live up to the early hype and I hope the Jets would consider the same.  I'm talking below the Mendoza line bad... I guess for NFL it would be 'below the Hackenberg line'.

Yeah, I get that. I just have a difficult time imagining it. All of our crappy rookies have improved in their second seasons. Without any off field nonsense, I can’t see Zach being the first one. And he has no off field stuff. It looks as if he’s been putting in the work, I just don’t see a regression with all the tools he’ll have to work with. 

Really, I’m just hoping he makes this talk go away. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If Zach has a poor to middling year, JD gets two choices. He can ride and die with Zach and hope he makes a jump the 3rd year or Steve Keim his ass and hope he can pick a new one that's good. 

JD both held onto Darnold too long and then canned him to draft Zach. I'm not entirely sure what he'd do, but I think he'd end up going the ride and die route. I don't see him drafting another QB. 

If Zach doesn't progress this year with the team JD has built around him (which is not necessarily "great" but it's certainly a legit offensive roster), then I would think he's not going to be so patient.

EDIT: For the record, I think Zach will progress and become a solid-to-good QB this year.  But QB is a very difficult position to play (and also to predict who will be good).

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

At this point I'm just going to go the other way and say he never threw the ball in the dirt just to counteract 

Idc 86 Zach if he’s terrible and draft another young hot shot, F it!

but im telling you I CANNOT do some washed up, dusty, tossed away “vet” like a Mariota or Tannihill.

^^^^This is the quickest way to a middle of the pack, can’t get over the hump, waste of our time, type team.

No TY we deserve better 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Idc 86 Zach if he’s terrible and draft another young hot shot, F it!

but im telling you I CANNOT do some washed up, dusty, tossed away “vet” like a Mariota or Tannihill.

^^^^This is the quickest way to a middle of the pack, can’t get over the hump, waste of our time, type team.

No TY we deserve better 

Yeah, maybe we should see how Zach looks before we throw ourselves off of any hypothetical bridges. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah, maybe we should see how Zach looks before we throw ourselves off of any hypothetical bridges. 

I’m definitely that fan that’s always running to the bridge at the fist smell of any potential  turmoil ??

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This thread once again points to the sort of bizarre anti-Zach bias that is so pervasive here. From the second he was drafted there was a large anti-Zach crowd and that has not changed. 

Largely because many of us didn't like him as a prospect, and in his rookie year, he did little to dispel that viewpoint?

Ball out and we'll shut up.  Period.  We're tired of the QB's who are "secretly good" or require Zapruder footage to try to justify their play.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach doesn't progress this year with the team JD has built around him (which is not necessarily "great" but it's certainly a legit offensive roster), then I would think he's not going to be so patient.

EDIT: For the record, I think Zach will progress and become a solid-to-good QB this year.  But QB is a very difficult position to play (and also to predict who will be good).

Animated GIF

58 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This thread once again points to the sort of bizarre anti-Zach bias that is so pervasive here. From the second he was drafted there was a large anti-Zach crowd and that has not changed. 

It’s overcompensation for Sam busting so hard here.

a lot of people believed in Darnold, so when he didn’t improve (and even regressed), it broke a lot of people 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Largely because many of us didn't like him as a prospect, and in his rookie year, he did little to dispel that viewpoint?

Ball out and we'll shut up.  Period.  We're tired of the QB's who are "secretly good" or require Zapruder footage to try to justify their play.  

I’m not a Zach believer after last year, but I don’t see a scenario where the Jets are drafting a QB next year. He would really have to bomb for them to pull the plug after two seasons. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It’s overcompensation for Sam busting so hard here.

a lot of people believed in Darnold, so when he didn’t improve (and even regressed), it broke a lot of people 

Less then 3 wweks ago 90% of this board wanted Douglas and Saleh fired.  Heck after week 5 of this season, the same people were calling for Lafluers head.

Jet fans have a disease.  Its pathetic.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Less then 3 wweks ago 90% of this board wanted Douglas and Saleh fired.  Heck after week 5 of this season, the same people were calling for Lafluers head.

It's called "not going to a Super Bowl for over 50 years-itis".  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I know! They act like the team never wins!

stupid twats! 

• Haha 2

I’m not taking any mock draft that has Zach Levis going before Bryce Young seriously (at least not as of today).  Especially if that mock draft thinks that there are 6-8 first round QBs next year because boys, I don’t think next years class is as good or deep as some people think it is.

If Zach needs replacing, Young is the only one I want (again, as of today.)

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No he was #2 behind Spencer Rattler think about that.

Exactly 

And don’t forget about Kedon Slovis…

And now we’re looking at Rattler and Slovis as late round pick/UDFA’s heading into this season.

It’s always useless talking about this stuff so early.

I wanted dick to do with Watson/Mahomes because I knew the Jets were going to be sh*t heading into that 2018 class featuring Darnold, Rosen, etc.

Fast forward a few years and Mahomes is arguably the best QB in the league, Watson is at least Top 10 if he isn’t embroidered in off the field sh*t, meanwhile Rosen might as well be bagging groceries, guys like Darnold and Mayfield have the telltale signs of career backups, the league is figuring out Lamar more and more by the season, and the one guy no one wanted dick to do with from that ‘18 class looks like a phenom…

I’ve long since given up on trying to evaluate QB’s. Even the Kiper’s, McShay’s, Jeremiah’s, etc constantly get this sh*t wrong.

Why would I pretend as if I know better?

If Zach doesn’t pan out, then f*ck drafting another QB high in the draft.

Go make an aggressive play for a veteran who has at least proven to be a Top 15-20 player at his position and hope that the surrounding young talent can vault us over.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

I’m not a Zach believer after last year, but I don’t see a scenario where the Jets are drafting a QB next year. He would really have to bomb for them to pull the plug after two seasons. 

I feel the opposite.  Even if Zach is good I would consider taking one - the way Willis, Riddler, Corral and particularly Howell were dropping I'd have been considering one this year.

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'll represent you pro bono. 

You know Chris and his dad Phil are huge NY Giants hommies who hate their lil brother NY Jets. So Chris and Phil were drinking beer one night when Phil says "Hey, son, listen, the Jets have the #2 pick...you should tell them that skinny kid from Utah is the cats ass!!! It will be hilarious". Chris: "I can't do that...no one would believe me". Phil: "Just dot it...this is going to be awesome!!! Trust me!!!"