Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

I’m gonna air a grievance here. As you know, I’ve been posting on these godforsaken message boards for 30+ years. The tenor and tone of the “debates” that go on these past few years have turned so malicious and so toxic that a lot of good posters can’t even sign on (much less engage) anymore. You know me: I’m rarely disrespectful toward other people’s opinions and I’m all for some light-hearted debate, but it gets discouraging to sign on in the morning and have a bunch of notifications of posts that aren’t debate, but unfunny clowns calling you a troll and seeing that mods have liked that post. I don’t take it personally because 1. I invite those responses with my pessimism and 2. **** those guys, but the sheer volume of posters whose entire posting oeuvre is just them coming after and attacking anyone who has even the most mild critique of this Jets franchise is pathetic. Not to call him out because I generally like him, but when is the last time [mention=28710]Charlie Brown[/mention] made an actual football post instead of incessant “diseased trolls” commentary? The more derision you’re met with, the more hostile the tone of any thread gets. Do you know how excited I was to see [mention=9230]Mogglez[/mention]’s post engaging me *on the merits* of my recent Zach Wilson post? Pretty ******* excited. You, me, and Meddle used to engage like that on the old board. But now? Not so much. If the mods want to create a better vibe in these threads, you need to check the tone of the people coming after even those you don’t agree with. You’ve been around long enough. You know the difference between a troll and a long suffering Jets fan. Don’t lump them in together, and don’t start threads calling for the extermination of those posters because you’re just going to make things worse for everybody. 
Well said from one of my favorite posters to disagree with.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m gonna air a grievance here. As you know, I’ve been posting on these godforsaken message boards for 30+ years. The tenor and tone of the “debates” that go on these past few years have turned so malicious and so toxic that a lot of good posters can’t even sign on (much less engage) anymore. You know me: I’m rarely disrespectful toward other people’s opinions and I’m all for some light-hearted debate, but it gets discouraging to sign on in the morning and have a bunch of notifications of posts that aren’t debate, but unfunny clowns calling you a troll and seeing that mods have liked that post. I don’t take it personally because 1. I invite those responses with my pessimism and 2. **** those guys, but the sheer volume of posters whose entire posting oeuvre is just them coming after and attacking anyone who has even the most mild critique of this Jets franchise is pathetic. Not to call him out because I generally like him, but when is the last time @Charlie Brown made an actual football post instead of incessant “diseased trolls” commentary? The more derision you’re met with, the more hostile the tone of any thread gets. Do you know how excited I was to see @Mogglez’s post engaging me *on the merits* of my recent Zach Wilson post? Pretty ******* excited. You, me, and Meddle used to engage like that on the old board. But now? Not so much. If the mods want to create a better vibe in these threads, you need to check the tone of the people coming after even those you don’t agree with. You’ve been around long enough. You know the difference between a troll and a long suffering Jets fan. Don’t lump them in together, and don’t start threads calling for the extermination of those posters because you’re just going to make things worse for everybody. 

I want to make it clear that I genuinely think you are the most fun poster to debate on here and nothing I have ever said about trolls applies to you as a poster.  A large part of that is how long I’ve been around and, therefore, how much I know about your tone and posting style.

I appreciate the kind words about our smoldering hot discourse ?.  The post I made last night is a perfect example of how awesome back and forth debate can be when it’s genuine and objective.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

A lot of frustration goes into being a Jet fan. As Jet fans, we all get it. An eleven year playoff drought and coming off a failed highly touted rookie QB only to replace him with someone who -shall we say- hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire has all of us frustrated, and these are topics worthy of discussion. 

However, if your primary -or exclusive- interaction on this site is; Zach sucks, Becton sucks, Saleh sucks, etc., and you feel the need to call out, criticize, or insult fans of the team who have simply chosen not to give up yet on some of these guys, you are going to get time off. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing what happens with all the new additions in the second year with this staff, fully aware of the concerns surrounding that big three and others. We’re not gonna have a few repetitive trolls ruin the site with their spamming every thread with their deeply held negative opinions. 

Again, we’re all for constructive criticism and there are plenty of ways to have those conversations. Just please keep it civil and keep the repetition to a minimum (odds are that we already know your opinion all too well). 

This really should be a time for a little optimism. A lot of new talent here, the team is 0-0, let’s see what happens, shall we? 
Needed to be said

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

A lot of frustration goes into being a Jet fan. As Jet fans, we all get it. An eleven year playoff drought and coming off a failed highly touted rookie QB only to replace him with someone who -shall we say- hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire has all of us frustrated, and these are topics worthy of discussion. 

However, if your primary -or exclusive- interaction on this site is; Zach sucks, Becton sucks, Saleh sucks, etc., and you feel the need to call out, criticize, or insult fans of the team who have simply chosen not to give up yet on some of these guys, you are going to get time off. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing what happens with all the new additions in the second year with this staff, fully aware of the concerns surrounding that big three and others. We’re not gonna have a few repetitive trolls ruin the site with their spamming every thread with their deeply held negative opinions. 

Again, we’re all for constructive criticism and there are plenty of ways to have those conversations. Just please keep it civil and keep the repetition to a minimum (odds are that we already know your opinion all too well). 

This really should be a time for a little optimism. A lot of new talent here, the team is 0-0, let’s see what happens, shall we? 
Needed to be said

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Really bad timing too. 

pads go on Monday and we’re getting the first bad news next week. 

stay happy !

488C259E-246F-4B7F-BD62-7A804B3844C9.jpeg

I both enjoy padded practice updates and dread every second of it. We need to avoid injuries this year in TC

On 7/31/2022 at 10:47 AM, Mogglez said:
I can’t speak to what sparked the exodus from JI, as I was too young to understand it all, but I can say that I don’t see this place becoming that cesspool.  I have debated plenty over the last few days.  Posting breakdowns of film, sharing opinions, etc.  
That part has been fun.  Nothing good comes from blind optimism or constant negativity.  Good debate spawns from balance and objectivity.
What hasn’t been fun is watching guys like Dreams, AltonBrown, JoeNamathsFurCoat, and others derail threads, many of which don’t have anything to do with Wilson or the Jets, by sh*tposting about the team and Wilson inside of them.  That sh*t isn’t fun in the slightest and actively discourages me from engaging in threads.  Especially when you know, for a fact, that these posters are just past troublemakers posting on their 10th username.  In fact, that’s something I think should be cracked down on more.  I get that this place was built on the idea of giving people multiple chances, but the ban evading has gotten so out of control, I would prefer if those who are doing it were just banned on the spot without warning.  I don’t need PhilC coming back time and time again to ruin the board.  Just tell him to piss off and ban him the second you see a match in IP addresses.  Or, better yet, if it’s possible, IP ban the guy.  People like that wore out their welcome years ago.

5298dc0a-4ac2-4631-b00a-1f6d21436a03_tex

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Having been on message boards since the old AOL boards, I feel like message boards tend to draw more negativity than positive, even for good teams. Jets have been a disaster for like 12 years now.  

I don't personally love it, but I understand it to a point. My issue is when it turns into flat out trolling, than its unpleasant, and I tend to not want to be around.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/eGfVvRAr4rPrcwx97

It’s frowned upon, but I’ve waited months for training camp and I’m not particularly keen on letting people ruining the most fun time of the pre-season for me without being called out for it, lol.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

There is a difference between criticism of your own team and/or players and coming on here raving about and promoting the love of a DIFFERENT team and/or their players.

That is a very distinct difference.

For the last time, the cougar in my avatar has NOTHING to do with the Florida Panthers!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

Finally.  Actual jets fans likely come here and are turned off by the sojf clowns that permeate this place.

There is plenty of time to hate the jets and their players AFTER they lose games and suck. But some of you think it's a race to be first to hate on a player.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

No one’s censoring, T0m. I was clear about that. This is a place to discuss what has certainly been a bad football team for some time. What’s going to get people into trouble is spamming threads with the same repetitive snark/meme/etc. or calling out or insulting fans who haven’t given up just yet. 

I believe I am being objective, and that I’m siding with the majority of fans here who have no idea what to expect this year but still have enough interest to follow the team in July because this is who they root for. That huge swath of fans here in the middle who understand the team’s past and recent history and have neither decided it’s always gonna be **** or never take off their green-tinted glasses.

Discussion is great. I’m always down for a discussion. That’s not what this thread is about, though. 

Does general smugness get one banned?  Asking for a friend.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think, if you were being objective and not simply siding with those everything-is-fine posters, you’d find that it’s the people saying “hey, these are the things keeping us from winning a title” that are maliciously attacked for saying, “hey, the supposed franchise OT weighing 400 pounds is bad!” or “hmm, Zach Wilson was statistically awful last season.” 

A reminder that this site only exists because Sean Deegan started censoring what he felt were negative posts toward the Jets in an effort to curry favor with the Jets front office and Mark Cannizaro. You mods really need to remember your history before you turn this place into the effectively defunct JetsInsider.com. Or, you could always try posting there again. They have ~12 active users, but they all seem to be pretty upbeat.

In defense of @T0mShane the Jets have sucked longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive. (With the exception of that Fitzmajik year). The Love/Effit relationship of Jets fans is as sharp as the edge of a razor. 

4BCE9D7F-71D6-449A-9AF2-E1B4A41C9A03.jpeg

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Having been on message boards since the old AOL boards, I feel like message boards tend to draw more negativity than positive, even for good teams. Jets have been a disaster for like 12 years now.  

I don't personally love it, but I understand it to a point. My issue is when it turns into flat out trolling, than its unpleasant, and I tend to not want to be around.

12 years? What are you 13?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, they weren’t a disaster” in 2009 or 2010 (or even in 2008 or 2015, for that matter) 

12 seems reasonable. 

Just for the record, I’ve been a Jets fan just before Namath was signed. I’ve seen the good bad ugly and the horrific. I’ll always love The Jets through thick and thin. And again, I could care less if they go 0-17 this year. Why? Because this team was in such shambles it’s going to take a Herculean effort to right this Titanic. And I’m excited ? with what JD has done the last couple of years. This team is going to blossom like Sakura Cherry flowers ? and it will all come together. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Just for the record, I’ve been a Jets fan just before Namath was signed. I’ve see. He good bad ugly and the horrific. I’ll always love The Jets through thick and thin. And again, I could care less if the go 0-17 this year. Why? Because this team was in such shambles it’s going to a Herculean effort to right this Titanic. And I’m excited ? with what JD has done the last couple of years. This team is going to blossom like Sakura Cherry flowers ? and it will all come together. 

Very cool to have folks who have watched this team for that long. 

I stand by the assessment, however 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m gonna air a grievance here. As you know, I’ve been posting on these godforsaken message boards for 30+ years. The tenor and tone of the “debates” that go on these past few years have turned so malicious and so toxic that a lot of good posters can’t even sign on (much less engage) anymore. You know me: I’m rarely disrespectful toward other people’s opinions and I’m all for some light-hearted debate, but it gets discouraging to sign on in the morning and have a bunch of notifications of posts that aren’t debate, but unfunny clowns calling you a troll and seeing that mods have liked that post. I don’t take it personally because 1. I invite those responses with my pessimism and 2. **** those guys, but the sheer volume of posters whose entire posting oeuvre is just them coming after and attacking anyone who has even the most mild critique of this Jets franchise is pathetic. Not to call him out because I generally like him, but when is the last time @Charlie Brown made an actual football post instead of incessant “diseased trolls” commentary? The more derision you’re met with, the more hostile the tone of any thread gets. Do you know how excited I was to see @Mogglez’s post engaging me *on the merits* of my recent Zach Wilson post? Pretty ******* excited. You, me, and Meddle used to engage like that on the old board. But now? Not so much. If the mods want to create a better vibe in these threads, you need to check the tone of the people coming after even those you don’t agree with. You’ve been around long enough. You know the difference between a troll and a long suffering Jets fan. Don’t lump them in together, and don’t start threads calling for the extermination of those posters because you’re just going to make things worse for everybody. 

I’ll pile on some of the other positive responses to this and say playing devils advocate with your thoughts and debating a little is fun and I appreciate your consistent willingness to engage with my nonsensical drivel when we go back and forth.

• Sympathy 1