the great Mangini on MKS now!

doitny

all you Mangini worshipers your boy will be on the MKS now. i wonder if Tanney will thank him for all the great players he drafted. LMAO.

i still think Tanney drafted those guys, i wish they talk about the old days and maybe we could really know who was responsible for those draft picks

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm still a Mangini fan, btw.  And I'd still take him over Saleh.

You would take the guy who’s failed with two organizations and proved nothing more than he’s not a real HC over a guy who hasn’t proven to be a failure after one season.  
Interesting 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not even a Mangini fan, but...

Tannenbaum's best drafted players with Mangini:

Brick

Mangold

Leon Washington

Darrelle Revis

David Harris

Tannenbaum's best drafted players without Mangini:

Mark Sanchez

Shonn Greene

Mo Wilk

Bilal Powell

Demario Davis

Antonio Allen

It’s almost as if one coach knew premium positions mattered when drafting and the other was just, well…

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You would take the guy who’s failed with two organizations and proved nothing more than he’s not a real HC over a guy who hasn’t proven to be a failure after one season.  
Interesting 

Lol when you put it that way.  But my answer is still yes.  :)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol when you put it that way.  But my answer is still yes.  :)

He had his shot with Cleveland and he completely crapped the bed. Everybody hated him, from the players, to the fans, to the old-time Browns.  And he couldn't win at all.  10-22 in two seasons.  And now in a league that loves retreads and recycled coaches, 32 teams are wrong by not giving him a 3rd chance? Please.  Next you'll tell us to bring back Rex (who did not have a single winning season in his last 6 years as a HC).  

He had his shot with Cleveland and he completely crapped the bed. Everybody hated him, from the players, to the fans, to the old-time Browns.  And he couldn't win at all.  10-22 in two seasons.  And now in a league that loves retreads and recycled coaches, 32 teams are wrong by not giving him a 3rd chance? Please.  Next you'll tell us to bring back Rex (who did not have a single winning season in his last 6 years as a HC).  
keep this among my thousands of bookmarks for just such an occasion:
https://www.clevescene.com/news/manginis-mess-sent-to-save-the-cleveland-browns-eric-mangini-instead-put-on-a-clinic-on-how-to-drive-a-teams-morale-into-the-ground-3625467?showFullText=true
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Brick

Mangold

Leon Washington

Darrelle Revis

David Harris

Mark Sanchez

Shonn Greene

Mo Wilk

Bilal Powell

Demario Davis

Antonio Allen

Y’all realize I was the first one to push this narrative about Eric? I literally changed his legacy with fans all as part of how I wanted to make sure Rex was held accountable for ruining our franchise.

I thank guys like @T0mShane for proliferating the message in a much more congenial manner… but just to make sure you all know it.

It was me.

Its always been me.

• Haha 2

Brick

Mangold

Leon Washington

Darrelle Revis

David Harris

Mark Sanchez

Shonn Greene

Mo Wilk

Bilal Powell

Demario Davis

Antonio Allen

Tanny was a very bad talent evaluator IMO.  Your analysis is supported by many of us. Mangini as a coach… well, i cant say but there is little doubt that without Mangini, Tanny couldn’t pick a drink at a bar.  He was so HEAVILY pushed by Rex.  Rex may be the worst evaluator of college talent in the NFL until Idzik and Mac came along. From 2010 to 2020 we must be the worst drafting team in the NFL.  

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Y’all realize I was the first one to push this narrative about Eric? I literally changed his legacy with fans all as part of how I wanted to make sure Rex was held accountable for ruining our franchise.

I thank guys like @T0mShane for proliferating the message in a much more congenial manner… but just to make sure you all know it.

It was me.

Its always been me.

623C4EFE-DF6F-45F7-99CD-4F5BE9A46A32.jpeg

• Haha 1

Brick

Mangold

Leon Washington

Darrelle Revis

David Harris

Mark Sanchez

Shonn Greene

Mo Wilk

Bilal Powell

Demario Davis

Antonio Allen

You know what keeps me up at night? Wondering how this brilliant talent evaluator, the so-called Mangenius, has never managed to land a job in any NFL front office. Certainly a man with these skills would be in high demand! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

You know what keeps me up at night? Wondering how this brilliant talent evaluator, the so-called Mangenius, has never managed to land a job in any NFL front office. Certainly a man with these skills would be in high demand! 

I think Tanny was largely behind the Mangini picks. But he let others (Rex, Woody) push him around, and that led to his downfall.

He could have been a great GM if only he had a spine.

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Mangini had the nads to screw with Bill Bellicheck, and by extension, Bob Kraft.  Only the Browns would take on such a pariah. As they did with BB who also failed miserably there.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

People ripping on Mangini, Kotite, Gase, etc.

They’re all rich from coaching pro football, and could care less what Jimmy from Safeway thinks lol.

But yes they do suck still.

Mangini’s calling was always talent evaluation and team building. He should have been in front office instead of coaching.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, slats said:

Blackballed for outing Bill Belichick's cheating scheme and crossing Robert Kraft.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Or, you know, they just got lucky in those 06 and 07 drafts (08 with Mangini sucked about as much as 09-12 with Rex).

My main point was not to really defend Mangini, but to say that Tanny sucked and probably deserves no real credit for those first two drafts.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think Tanny was largely behind the Mangini picks. But he let others (Rex, Woody) push him around, and that led to his downfall.

He could have been a great GM if only he had a spine.

Wasn't he also driven out of the Miami Dolphins organization?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It was me.

Its always been me.

Great Ape Zoo GIF

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm still a Mangini fan, btw.  And I'd still take him over Saleh.

I always liked him - his big mistake was taking the Cleveland job immediately after being fired.

I think every coach that’s fired needs a year or two of reflect on the mistakes that were made. Instead, he jumped head first into an absolutely awful situation and quickly blew his second shot at being a HC. He’s not getting a third. Similar to Gase. 

55 minutes ago, slats said:

He was a low level assistant in SF for a couple of seasons. That's it.

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I hope you're joking.  I would put Walt Michaels and Pete Carrol on that list. That's about it.  Mangini proved he was a micro-managing jerk in Cleveland.  

No he actually had a team building vision and was a good coach, the team was disciplined when he was here.  He got two measly years and after that we gave total dumbasses like bowles and late version rex extra years, even gase got a second year.

Another micromanager jerk is thought to be the best coach of all time no?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he actually had a team building vision and was a good coach, the team was disciplined when he was here.  He got two measly years and after that we gave total dumbasses like bowles and late version rex extra years, even gase got a second year.

Another micromanager jerk is thought to be the best coach of all time no?

The team, with Favre, was unwatchable down the stretch in 2008 and he was so terrible in Cleveland that I never pined for him to come anywhere near the Jets again.  Both Bowles and  Ryan were kept too long. Michaels wins a Super Bowl in the 1980s if he is not forced out in 83.  Carrol got screwed by the fake spike game and that got the Jets Katie while Carrol went to have a great career.  Letting him go after one season was ridiculous.