Start Mike White

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco football is a joyless experience that will make Sundays boring as ****. He’s semi-retired and cashing checks at this point. He does not give a rat’s ass about winning football games or competing. Mike White, for all his faults, is going to go out there and battle every snap. Is he great? No. But he’ll be 1000 times more fun to watch than Flacco. Jets fans only cared about two football games last season: one was the season opener, the second was Mike White’s start against the Colts. Everything else was a slog. Vote for the guy who’s fun. Vote for Mike White.

Where I don't agree with this I can see why you may think that. 

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Posted this as a comment in another thread but wanted the topic to have its own thread:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

Id rather get Garoppolo.

Dumbest fan base in the NFL . Right here in living color. 
Zach Wilson plays nothing short of terrible last year obviously not ready and may never be and the fan base based on a 2nd over all pick says he gets 3 years. 23 years old
Mike White shows promise has a great game and was starting to have a second before a freak nerve issue in his arm then he goes against the Bills who basically eat NFL QB's for lunch at a 90 % clip but Mike White Sucks is not a real NFL QB and should be replaced (cause you know BILLS) and have no chance to show whether he can be an actual NFL QB at 25 years old ? Somehow a 6-4 QB with a strong arm is just not NFL caliber. 
If you guys were the coaches of the NE Patriots 6th round pick Tom Brady with basically the same measurables as Mike White would have never seen the field. I mean after all he was a sixth round pick and all Jets fans know with 100 % certainty you can't play QB in the NFL if your a 5th or 6th round pick ...right ? 
Tom Brady also played in a similar short passing offense utilizing the middle of the field for 20 years + and continues too but if the Jets QB plays into the style of the offensive system we are running he's a dink and dunk guy.
This forum and this fan base deserves everything they get because all they know how to do is go along with the current bullsh*t narrative of the day while guys like Bill Belichick laugh in your damn faces.
Mike White is a 3rd string bubble guy ... you know .. I know it ... Streveler may have just supplanted him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

2 QB's all year played good against the Bills defense but Mike White gets roasted for it  in basically his second NFL game ?

Remember Mike White played very well before that Bills game and all indicators showed he was moving the team well vs the Colts before that freak nerve injury and he was only 24 years old . Its absolutely insane to not give White (if Zach is out for an extended time) a chance to prove something. 

He hardly played in one game and had that one great game against the Bengals.  That’s what he did.  He has a game in his belt, I’d play him but would understand them handing the ball to Flacco until he proves he’s can’t anymore. 

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Mike White has never gotten a fair shake.

He’s better than Zach Wilson and offers more than Joe Flacco at this point.  

He deserves to play over them, as he gives the team the best chance to win.

He moved the offense, didn’t turn the ball over, and put points on the board.

So for the Zach apologists: how exactly did he “suck” last night and Zach didn’t?

The guy completed 50% of his passwd vs backups and 3rd stringers. Ppl around here are pathetic 

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

So for the Zach apologists: how exactly did he “suck” last night and Zach didn’t?

He struggled against scrubs and put what 3 points on the board last night

You’re the guy who called Saleh trash for punting on 4th and 1 from their own 19.

19 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Posted this as a comment in another thread but wanted the topic to have its own thread:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

Dropping acid with Aaron Rogers and Ed Gein, I see. 

10-20 for 98 yards 64 passer rating vs second string players and people want this guy to start. literally mind boggling.

Flacco is old and obviously not the answer but to start a few games he at least makes the defense have to play the whole field. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny was watching the game in Florida and had the Eagles stream and in the 4th they were saying that Streveler was hard to defend with his arm and running ability and they’d rather have seen Mike White in the game.  

Worst part of that Philly stream was watching them put Hugh Douglas in their version of a ring of honor. Salt in the wound, man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Worst part of that Philly stream was watching them put Hugh Douglas in their version of a ring of honor. Salt in the wound, man. 

I’m hear you, that was painful.  
Parcells was a dolt for moving on from him 

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Flacco gives this team the best chance to win, and that’s why he’ll play over Mike White

Keep saying that. But when the camera panned to Flacco after the injury, had a look on his face like "Do these dumbasses really expect me to do much more than hang around the meeting room and offer tepid happytalk?". Really think in his dreams Flacco sneaks out couple of times a week and sneaks in 18 holes. He's cashing checks. It's good living if you can get it, don't fault the guy. But White is gonna go out and live and die every down because this is it for his career. It's a shot, for him and the team. 

Flacco is the braindead conventional wisdom choice. It's safe. But truth is if Saleh doesn't catch lightining in a bottle and at least be play December games that matter, he's gonna be looking for work in January. White at least gives you that shot. But guy with a defensive background is almost certainly too risk averse to start White.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jimmy Garropolo will be here by Sunday.  You can bank on that.

no way. if they wanted he would have been here months ago. if Zach cant start its Flacco. their jobs are on the line, and they need wins there not going to care about giving White a chance.

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Saul Goodman said:

No to Flacco. 

I would take the buffalo Mike white all day. He get no love to the point where the kid is being put behind old.man flacco. It's crazy. I'd Zach is down play white . At least five is a chance at winning. 

If you don't like Mike white you suck

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco football is a joyless experience that will make Sundays boring as ****. He’s semi-retired and cashing checks at this point. He does not give a rat’s ass about winning football games or competing. Mike White, for all his faults, is going to go out there and battle every snap. Is he great? No. But he’ll be 1000 times more fun to watch than Flacco. Jets fans only cared about two football games last season: one was the season opener, the second was Mike White’s start against the Colts. Everything else was a slog. Vote for the guy who’s fun. Vote for Mike White.

I’m Mike White, and I paid for this ad.

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just don't see what all these people actually SEE from Zach Wilson's game that gives them so much hope. What I see is exactly what he is: the worst starting QB with the worst pro-style mechanics in the league. I haven't seen any big steps of improvement from the little we got to see from this game and from the training camp highlights that show up every day on Twitter for the past month.

Look, there's no way Douglas and Saleh are going to bring a proven winner like Jimmy Garoppolo onto a team that has as much invested in this bad QB. His ego would be shattered and it would be a clear admission that they effed up (again) with the choice of another bust QB pick at the top of the 1st round. Yes, I did say the 'B' word and I hope I'm wrong about it. I want the Jets to win, I want the QB to be among the elite signal callers in the league, I want WHOEVER is the Jets QB to succeed, I just don't think it's going to be Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

First of all Zach barely played. He had  a couple of nice throws and a couple of bad throws after not seeing action in a long time. Once he settled in he would have been fine. It doesn't take a genius to understand Zach has the much higher ceiling than Mike White. His sheer talent is top notch in the NFL. He needs reps. That being said, I would rather watch Mike White than Joe Flacco of Zach can't play. I think Zach has the potential to be a Super Bowl QB - Mike White I don't think has the ceiling. He just has a higher floor now because he has had another year of development.

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I just don't see what all these people actually SEE from Zach Wilson's game that gives them so much hope. What I see is exactly what he is: the worst starting QB with the worst pro-style mechanics in the league. I haven't seen any big steps of improvement from the little we got to see from this game and from the training camp highlights that show up every day on Twitter for the past month.

Look, there's no way Douglas and Saleh are going to bring a proven winner like Jimmy Garoppolo onto a team that has as much invested in this bad QB. His ego would be shattered and it would be a clear admission that they effed up (again) with the choice of another bust QB pick at the top of the 1st round. Yes, I did say the 'B' word and I hope I'm wrong about it. I want the Jets to win, I want the QB to be among the elite signal callers in the league, I want WHOEVER is the Jets QB to succeed, I just don't think it's going to be Zach Wilson. 

Made the mistake of listening to a Jets fan-produced podcast today and it was 25 minutes of explaining that people are “obsessing” over “two bad passes” [Ed. Note: Wilson threw five passes total] and that Zach looked “great” otherwise, even on the scramble because he might have gone 50 yards for a TD if his knee didn’t give out. It’s all hope and desperation at this point.

• Upvote 2