Start Mike White

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Made the mistake of listening to a Jets fan-produced podcast today and it was 25 minutes of explaining that people are “obsessing” over “two bad passes” [Ed. Note: Wilson threw five passes total] and that Zach looked “great” otherwise, even on the scramble because he might have gone 50 yards for a TD if his knee didn’t give out. It’s all hope and desperation at this point.

The Jets ain't going anywhere with this kid starting

• Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Made the mistake of listening to a Jets fan-produced podcast today and it was 25 minutes of explaining that people are “obsessing” over “two bad passes” [Ed. Note: Wilson threw five passes total] and that Zach looked “great” otherwise, even on the scramble because he might have gone 50 yards for a TD if his knee didn’t give out. It’s all hope and desperation at this point.

Which is — again — a perfectly reasonable position for a team’s fans to take. Just stop treating me like a Cro Magnon for disagreeing.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

PVO no one wants to see young players get hurt but the silver lining Jets can win more games This year with their backup qb and Duane brown than with Wilson and Becton. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I still think Zach gives us our best chance to win but before he went down on Friday he again looked like the 1st half of last season’s bad version of Zach. But he had few snaps and it was an exhibition game. And the first one at that. But if Zach has a bad year and the team loses most of our games he could take down the entire org. Jets fans are not expecting another 4 W season. Look after 2 seasons fans and the team started doubting Darnold and they traded him after 3 years.  All of us think Joe D had a good draft but that doesn’t mean zilch if the team loses big. 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Mike white is chad Pennington, but without the arm. 

Mike White has the ability to throw the ball deep but he doesn't seem to have accuracy on those throws.  Chad, on the other hand, was the quintessential noodle arm.  I'd love to see a stat on how many Hail Mary situations where he threw a 2 yard pass.

14 hours ago, doitny said:

better than Mike White. i think Jimmy G will cost too much thats why he hasnt been traded yet. besides i doubt he wants to be a backup.

Not sure how get that conclusion. White has played better than flaxco every single snap in season.

Also jimmy g is terrible too. Not saying we can't bring someone else in, but why would you bring in a guy that has failed everywhere he has gone?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:41 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Mike White has never gotten a fair shake.

He’s better than Zach Wilson and offers more than Joe Flacco at this point.  

He deserves to play over them, as he gives the team the best chance to win.

He moved the offense, didn’t turn the ball over, and put points on the board.

So for the Zach apologists: how exactly did he “suck” last night and Zach didn’t?

It’s Mike White the idea for you guys.   Mike White the QB isn’t very good.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mike White has the ability to throw the ball deep but he doesn't seem to have accuracy on those throws.  Chad, on the other hand, was the quintessential noodle arm.  I'd love to see a stat on how many Hail Mary situations where he threw a 2 yard pass.

his longest pass as a jets is 28 yards whoa

LMAO

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not sure how get that conclusion. White has played better than flaxco every single snap in season.

Also jimmy g is terrible too. Not saying we can't bring someone else in, but why would you bring in a guy that has failed everywhere he has gone?

i don't want Jimmy G. i was responding to someone who did. that's who i thought you were 1st talking about when you said Flacco wasn't the answer.

i don't think White is the answer. he is a INT machine. 5 TDs vs 8 INTs. and thats where Flacco beats him. last year in his only start 2 TDs and ZERO ints. even in a bad 2020 he went 6 TDs vs 3 INTs. and Flacco has been steady his whole career. in 14 seasons he had only one year with more INTs than TDs.

and thats important. White can't throw deep and makes bad decisions. Flacco can throw deep and makes better decisions.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:58 AM, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Lots of rookie QBs throw INTs. The question is will they calm down and stop forcing the ball to make a play.

Fact remains that White had a 66% completion rate and in 3 games almost had 1000 passing yards.

you stop right now !! We are not supposed to talk anything White that's positive and anything Zach that's negative .

17 hours ago, doitny said:

i don't want Jimmy G. i was responding to someone who did. that's who i thought you were 1st talking about when you said Flacco wasn't the answer.

i don't think White is the answer. he is a INT machine. 5 TDs vs 8 INTs. and thats where Flacco beats him. last year in his only start 2 TDs and ZERO ints. even in a bad 2020 he went 6 TDs vs 3 INTs. and Flacco has been steady his whole career. in 14 seasons he had only one year with more INTs than TDs.

and thats important. White can't throw deep and makes bad decisions. Flacco can throw deep and makes better decisions.

Now White can't throw deep ? 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Not saying he can't - but his longest completed pass as a Jet, thus far, is 28 yards (in the blowout loss to the Bills last year), so that will continue to be an open question. 

Also, Mike White feels like one of those guys who Jets fans will talk about forever but never actually see again in a meaningful game. 

With Wilson possibly out, White (who is only 27) should be our opening day starter, but he is being bypassed for a 37 year old backup who is like 2-11 in his last 13 starts and hasn't had a win as a starter since 2019. There is clearly a disconnect here on the evaluation of White's potential between a significant portion of Jets fans and the coaching staff and/or front office. 

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

he threw a few INTS deep that i remember vs Buffalo. 

ok i know, its Buffalo. how about his Intended Air Yards per Att ( Avg Depth of Target whether complete or not ) was 5.9 yds. the NFL leader board only went up to the top 33 and # 33 was Jarred Goff at 6.4 yds. Zach was tied for 18th at 7.6 yds. Flacco was 7.9 yds. 

maybe he can throw it deep but he doesn't. few times he does it doesn't end too well. so therefore, he can't throw deep.

let me get this straight:

Mike White could throw for 400+ and beat the Bengals with inferior line play, weapons and defensive talent (compared to this year), but somehow gives the team 0% chance to win vs Baltimore?

Meanwhile 37 y.o. Flacco — who has gone 5-19 in his last 24 starts — is some kind of knight in shining armor?

If they hated MW all along, giving up a 6th rounder for Minshew on a cheap rookie deal made all the sense in the world

instead they waited until Wilson got hurt and then gave up a 6th for a dinosaur Flacco

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

he threw a few INTS deep that i remember vs Buffalo. 

ok i know, its Buffalo. how about his Intended Air Yards per Att ( Avg Depth of Target whether complete or not ) was 5.9 yds. the NFL leader board only went up to the top 33 and # 33 was Jarred Goff at 6.4 yds. Zach was tied for 18th at 7.6 yds. Flacco was 7.9 yds. 

maybe he can throw it deep but he doesn't. few times he does it doesn't end too well. so therefore, he can't throw deep.

This is a fair criticism

But also a small sample size 

MW’s tendency has been to go short but at least he’s decisive, gets the ball out quick and is able to sustain drives

I am pretty sure he was just running whatever plays the coaches were calling

so It’s up to LaFleur to dial up some deep shots 

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't think he had good arm strength either (though certainly better than Chad) but apparently he does.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/western-kentuckys-mike-whites-arm-his-biggest-plus-and-minus

image.png.1c03aed194f2530fb8b86e3269cf3a4e.png

Yeah I know I actually watched his youtube stuff when we got him and was psyched then reality set in.  I saw the talk of him being the best long baller because of his numbers (not just you) well the thing about those numbers is they include YAC and once the WR get past the DB it is off to races in that conf usa league. There is reason he was picked as 1 of the last picks in 5th round and let go already by Dallas.