Start Mike White

Posted this as a comment in another thread but wanted the topic to have its own thread:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 10
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Posted this as a comment in another thread but wanted the topic to have its own thread:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

If I had to guess it will be called an open competition that Flacco has already won in the coaches minds.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It was your typical acl tear.  Nothing special about it.  Just bad luck.  He ran, tried to cut to the inside and the knee buckled.  Feel bad for the kid.  Onto Jimmy G.

Is this confirmed? Or are ppl just speculating 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd go with white over flacco all day but that wont happen.

Douglas in one of his total dereliction of duties should have had more viable guy in here. (guys like trubiksy, mariota, minshew etc)

Instead he will be in total panic mode now.

Said in the off-season that Zach was bad enough in his rookie year that legit competition should be brought in. No excuse for a Bridgewater type not to be brought in.

Said that we should have either resigned Moses or brought in a tackle with the expectation that Becton would be a non-factor. We didn't an Brown had us over a barrel by the time we decided to act. 

None of this sh*t needed hindsight. For the second year running Douglas has failed to prepare. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

U dont need an mri to confirm an acl tear.  If you watch the play its as clear as day.

Nothing you saw said it’s a clear as day ligament injury

It may be but not from anything you saw in your tv.  Get over yourself

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Said in the off-season that Zach was bad enough in his rookie year that legit competition should be brought in. No excuse for a Bridgewater type not to be brought in.

Said that we should have either resigned Moses or brought in a tackle with the expectation that Becton would be a non-factor. We didn't an Brown had us over a barrel by the time we decided to act. 

None of this sh*t needed hindsight. For the second year running Douglas has failed to prepare. 

Because bringing in competition was never going to happen because it doesn’t make sense.  Exactly why none of the 2nd year QBs have competition on their squads either.  

That said I’d roll with White.  Flacco doesn’t make much sense to me unless it’s just for a couple of weeks

I’m all in and believe White should now be the guy, but it’s not happening.

this coaching staff didn’t make Mike White the 3rd string QB to suddenly start him.

we’re either trading for a vet or we will be staring at Flacco on opening day . . . And get ready to be staring at Flacco. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m all in and believe White should now be the guy, but it’s not happening.

this coaching staff didn’t make Mike White the 3rd string QB to suddenly start him.

we’re either trading for a vet or we will be staring at Flacco on opening day . . . And get ready to be staring at Flacco. 

Won't lie. if we just roll with Flacco, I may just watch my local team this year instead.

• Upvote 1