Start Mike White

No thanks.  Mike White is a fringe NFL player.

You roll with Joe Flacco and hope to catch lightning in a bottle.  There are young players on this team who need to be developed.  At some point, the culture of losing and playing for draft pick position needs to end.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Posted this as a comment in another thread but wanted the topic to have its own thread:

I’m 100% on the start Mike White bandwagon. He’s not the player we saw against the Bengals but he’s also not the player we saw against the Bills. Give him a shot and see if he can get the ball in the hands of our playmakers.

No to Flacco. 

He didn’t look good last night 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bills and tonight don’t count.

2 QB's all year played good against the Bills defense but Mike White gets roasted for it  in basically his second NFL game ?

Remember Mike White played very well before that Bills game and all indicators showed he was moving the team well vs the Colts before that freak nerve injury and he was only 24 years old . Its absolutely insane to not give White (if Zach is out for an extended time) a chance to prove something. 

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did you ?

What exactly was wrong ?? he went 10-20 had a field goal and TD drive and 3 dropped passes right in the hands of his receivers > What exactly are you talking about ? 

Yeah he sucks. 10/20 against the 3rd and 4th string players lol 

• Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I actually don't really care either way.

This season was supposed to be all about Wilson. He didn't even look good before the injury.

Trey Lance was the pick. The fact that we sat and watched SF trade up to 3 for Lance, then proceeded to take Wilson… and now we’re talking about acquiring Jimmy G (who Lance was selected to replace) is why we’re a 2nd class org.

And I say this as someone that wanted Jimmy G way back in his draft. I like him as a QB, but … yo.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And if you are being honest with yourself, for this upcoming season, the jets win more games with garropolo at qb then Wilson.  And thats a fact.

Certainly the way Wilson looked yesterday that is correct,

Hopes had been he grew as a player but he surely didn't look it in that  drive and a half.  If Zach is really only going to miss 3 or 4 games I think it's unlikely we get Jimmy G though.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Trey Lance was the pick. The fact that we sat and watched SF trade up to 3 for Lance, then proceeded to take Wilson… and now we’re talking about acquiring Jimmy G (who Lance was selected to replace) is why we’re a 2nd class org.

And I say this as someone that wanted Jimmy G way back in his draft. I like him as a QB, but … yo.

Which is why I'm not looking forward to drafting the next guy. You just know we're gonna pick wrong.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Which is why I'm not looking forward to drafting the next guy. You just know we're gonna pick wrong.

I don’t even know if Zach sucks. He misses too much time. Every QB has a different curve for acclimating to the league. 

Long term, if he misses this year it may be the red-shirt year he needed last season. No way should he have started as a rookie. No way.

• Upvote 2

Mike White isn't the answer, not even really close - he's doesn't have an NFL starting caliber skill set...

With that said, if they're really not going to go out and get a Jimmy G type - then why not start White?

I mean, do we really need to see Joe Flacco for 3 weeks?  

The only reason I can see not starting White is that the Jet players want to be given the best chance to win - and Flacco is probably clearly the better QB in camp than White.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And if you are being honest with yourself, for this upcoming season, the jets win more games with garropolo at qb then Wilson.  And thats a fact.

That quite literally not how ‘facts’ work. It’s an informed opinion. I agree.

Stop using stupid arguments to prop up good thoughts, people will pay more attention.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The only reason I can see not starting White is that the Jet players want to be given the best chance to win - and Flacco is probably clearly the better QB in camp than White.

I think the coaches think Flacco is their best bet, but given what we saw last year, the team would want to roll with White. Flacco is cashing checks and they all know it.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco football is a joyless experience that will make Sundays boring as ****. He’s semi-retired and cashing checks at this point. He does not give a rat’s ass about winning football games or competing. Mike White, for all his faults, is going to go out there and battle every snap. Is he great? No. But he’ll be 1000 times more fun to watch than Flacco. Jets fans only cared about two football games last season: one was the season opener, the second was Mike White’s start against the Colts. Everything else was a slog. Vote for the guy who’s fun. Vote for Mike White.

Flacco gives this team the best chance to win, and that’s why he’ll play over Mike White

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t even know if Zach sucks. He misses too much time. Every QB has a different curve for acclimating to the league. 

Long term, if he misses this year it may be the red-shirt year he needed last season. No way should he have started as a rookie. No way.

He hasn't exactly given us much to believe he doesn't suck. In his limited action last night he looked more like 32nd best QB version of himself. Maybe he just wasn't ready. Maybe he wasn't ever going to be ready.

And the bold is exactly what I'm afraid of if he misses the year. That is a problem in and of itself. If he misses the entire year, they need to bring in some legit competition for him that isn't a has been like Flacco or a never will be like Mike White. Don't want a repeat of Darnold. That's why I'm in favor of getting Garrapolllolol now.

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco football is a joyless experience that will make Sundays boring as ****. He’s semi-retired and cashing checks at this point. He does not give a rat’s ass about winning football games or competing. Mike White, for all his faults, is going to go out there and battle every snap. Is he great? No. But he’ll be 1000 times more fun to watch than Flacco. Jets fans only cared about two football games last season: one was the season opener, the second was Mike White’s start against the Colts. Everything else was a slog. Vote for the guy who’s fun. Vote for Mike White.

White is Right!

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the coaches think Flacco is their best bet, but given what we saw last year, the team would want to roll with White. Flacco is cashing checks and they all know it.

I'm with you - if ZW is only going to miss a few weeks why not roll with White?  It'll make games more interesting.  Now, if ZW is out for the season or more than 8 or 9 games - then you gotta go out and find a legit QB like Jimmy G or Minschew.

• Upvote 1