JN All-Time Teams results

@Jetsfan80 Kudos for undertaking this massive effort.  Beautifully designed, executed and completed.  

My head was swimming reading all the names, so did not participate.   But I read each thread and found it all fascinating.  I think the various posters came up with a very impressive final list of all time greats.  Again, great work.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Let me see if I have this right.  You have 5 RBs and 5 FBs ahead of Earl Campbell.

It's a great effort, but that's like a list of greatest Rush albums without Moving Pictures. 

Blame the PFR database for not liking Campbell very much.  It was surprising to me too.  He was dinged for 1) Not being much of a pass-catcher, and 2) lack of longevity.  Even so I was still surprised to see his "peak scores" weren't very high:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampEa00.htm

34 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Has anyone on this forum actually watched Otto Graham play? 

I remember my grandfather talking about him when I was a kid. 

Was Brady before Brady - I believe the Browns won 7 of 10 titles with him at QB. He is also the all time leader in yards/attempt. Amazing player. I would LOVE to hear from anyone who watched him play. 

I would have him #7 all time on my personal list - but I’d probably have him number 1 if I actually saw him. That’s how this stuff goes. You always think the GOATS from YOUR era are the best. 

• Upvote 2

Great effort, JF80. Was a very enjoyable off-season diversion!

Don't listen to da HatRzzzzzzzz, it's easy to look at something that took many hours, find one perceived flaw, and then try to torpedo the whole thing.

Although, you did **** up on the Jim Brown thing. I kid, kid. Nicely done, bud!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great effort, JF80. Was a very enjoyable off-season diversion!

Don't listen to da HatRzzzzzzzz, it's easy to look at something that took many hours, find one perceived flaw, and then try to torpedo the whole thing.

Although, you did **** up on the Jim Brown thing. I kid, kid. Nicely done, bud!

i didn't mean it that way. just pointed out that a starting team in the nfl has 11 players. anyway i know this is a jets site but voting joe klecko as the best NT all-time in the NFL is such a homer pick.......dude was a good player no doubt, but there's no way in hell he was the best NT ever
also it would've made more sense to put 2 defenses, a 3-4 and a 4-3 and fill out the spots as an actual starting 11. otherwise yeah it's a nice effort....and i'm sure took a lot of time

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i didn't mean it that way. just pointed out that a starting team in the nfl has 11 players. anyway i know this is a jets site but voting joe klecko as the best NT all-time in the NFL is such a homer pick.......dude was a good player no doubt, but there's no way in hell he was the best NT ever
also it would've made more sense to put 2 defenses, a 3-4 and a 4-3 and fill out the spots as an actual starting 11. otherwise yeah it's a nice effort....and i'm sure took a lot of time

I am just being cheeky at JF80's expense. Not calling anyone out.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks guys.  Wish I could say this was fun to set up, but, nope.  lol.  

It was a cool thing to do, people need to chill out.

Some positions are harder to rate than others.  I really can't comment on who the best guards are that I've seen, I'm not that observant.

But it was a fun diversion away from Zach and Mims.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Since the Defense has 11 players on each of the 5 teams, I'm leaving that alone.  You can still build your ideal 4-3 or 3-4 defenses using a mix of players from the lists if you wish.  For instance, your 4-3 front 7 could be something like:

• DE:  Reggie White, Deacon Jones
  • DT:  Aaron Donald, Joe Greene
  • OLB:  Derrick Brooks, Junior Seau
  • MLB:  Dick Butkus

And your 3-4 look could be:

• DE:  Bruce Smith, JJ Watt
  • NT:  Vince Wilfork
  • OLB:  Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas
  • ILB:  Ray Lewis, Harry Carson

But in order to incorporate 11 offensive players on each team, I have added a WR spot, and thus the top 10 WR vote-getters are now included rather than just the top 5:

• 1st Team WRs:  Jerry Rice, Randy Moss
  • 2nd Team:  Calvin Johnson, Don Maynard
  • 3rd Team:  Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison
  • 4th Team:  Lance Alworth, Michael Irvin
  • 5th Team:  Paul Warfield, Steve Largent

I saw Maynard and like him.  However, For him to be selected much higher than Lance Alworth and Paul Warfield is a joke.  In his era, he was never regarded as being anywhere near that level.  Extreme homerism.

Hell, I thought that Otis Taylor was a better receiver during that time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shevys said:

Gates. 

Please.  Gates is the all-time TD leader among TEs, even above Tony Gonzalez (116 to 111).  He had four 10+ TD seasons, was a 5x All-Pro (3x 1st Team) and spent 16 seasons in the league.  And its not like he over-stayed his welcome, either; his age 34 season he went for over 800 yards and 12 TDs.

Just because the Jets once held Gates in check in a playoff game doesn't mean he isn't an all-time great.  He belongs.

Who else you got?

• Upvote 1