Hypothetical: Flacco Is Hot - Wilson is Healthy

Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?

1 minute ago, PorP said:

I don't know if I disagree or not with the this and the point you're making? 

Flacco is still impressive in a clean pocket. My point was I don't think the Jets can provide a clean pocket. 

And Joe is bad outside of the pocket. 

So roll the dice with white. 

Even if Flacco is impressive with a clean pocket, I don't see the upside in starting him, he has no future, the Jets are not a legit playoff contender, I don't see any upside in playing Flacco

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Even if Flacco is impressive with a clean pocket, I don't see the upside in starting him, he has no future, the Jets are not a legit playoff contender, I don't see any upside in playing Flacco

Ya agreed on Flacco and the future.

I have no opinion on play off contender yet.  I've said they are a 5 or 10 win team a few times. I'm not sure which

There's been too much turn over combined with positional improvement for me to be confident one way or the other. 

I'll know in the first 3 games though. 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously unlikely scenario, but for the sake of discussion while we wait out the longest 3 days of the year before kickoff ...

The Flacco lead Jets manage to start the season 3-0 (bal, cle, cin). Flacco has a stat line something like 8TD/3INT, 1000 yards passing.

Wilson is 110% and ready to go. Are you putting Wilson in or riding the Flacking hot streak? 

jets will stay with flacco until he loses. If before week 1 they may take a peek at white. They know they morally have to play Zach a game or two with better OL and talent to prove he cant get past 1st progression without leaving poacket and he still cant lead a receiver costing jets 60+ yards a game in YAC

then when he blows, who knows,,If Zach boms its Jimmy G in 2023 unless Lance bombs or hurt.

Jimmy knows Jets playbook and would start day1 not being behind mentally

Obviously unlikely scenario, but for the sake of discussion while we wait out the longest 3 days of the year before kickoff ...

The Flacco lead Jets manage to start the season 3-0 (bal, cle, cin). Flacco has a stat line something like 8TD/3INT, 1000 yards passing.

Wilson is 110% and ready to go. Are you putting Wilson in or riding the Flacking hot streak? 

We can officially lock this thread bud. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

We can put any idea that Joe Flacco could be any more than a game manager at this point. He is not going to take control of a game. He is not going to put the team on his back. The best we could hope for is to establish a running game and have Joe Flacco throw 15-20 times a game. An even better scenario is that Zach Wilson starts game four and never looks back. 

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We can put any idea that Joe Flacco could be any more than a game manager at this point. He is not going to take control of a game. He is not going to put the team on his back. The best we could hope for is to establish a running game and have Joe Flacco throw 15-20 times a game. An even better scenario is that Zach Wilson starts game four and never looks back. 

It's not like this thread was predicting anything. I hope you feel better after posting this though.

obviously we lost w1 but Flacco's current stat line is actually 5TD/1INT, 616 yards passing putting him on pace for (rounding up) 8TD/2INT, 925 yards passing ...

What if it's 2-1 with 8TD/2INT & 925 yards passing?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, Green Ghost said:

How much fun would it be here if the Jets can even start out 2-1 with Flacco playing well, and they put Wilson back in?

Talk about getting the popcorn ready…

On 9/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Green Ghost said:

No way I’m going to argue Flacco is a good QB, but you’ll never convince me he doesn’t give us a better chance to win than Zach.

While @Joe W. Namath was misdiagnosing injuries and calling our savior Flaccid, @Jetsfan80 and I were knocking this thread out of the park…

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

obviously we lost w1 but Flacco's current stat line is actually 5TD/1INT, 616 yards passing putting him on pace for (rounding up) 8TD/2INT, 925 yards passing ...

What if it's 2-1 with 8TD/2INT & 925 yards passing?

we ride with Flacco until we are 2 games under 500. so he could lose the Bengals game and still should start the Steelers game. cause as long as we are only one game under....1-2...2-3....3-4 we still have hope.

the best thing Flacco is doing is showing Zach that you can throw it 20-30 yds downfield and be successful. not what they tried last year with that " throw it 5 yds and let your RB do everything and never throw it more than 10 yds Mike White plays ". 

Mike Whites play hurt Zach more than anything. yes you can throw it 5 yds but it cant be ALL YOU DO.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The thing is, we haven't gotten to see Zach Wilson play with Garret Wilson in a real game. 

He's going to get that chance sooner than later

Can't wait.  I'm sure it'll go roughly like it did last year, where all of our WRs aside from the slot (Crowder/Berrios) did better with other QB's.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The thing is, we haven't gotten to see Zach Wilson play with Garret Wilson in a real game. 

He's going to get that chance sooner than later

true but there is no reason it has to be sooner. 

Zack is only QB1 cause of his draft status. he shouldnt be giving the starting job if Flacco is playing well. 

if they replace Joe while playing good Saleh will lose the locker room.... and his job.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't wait.  I'm sure it'll go roughly like it did last year, where all of our WRs aside from the slot (Crowder/Berrios) did better with other QB's.  

OK - You were also sure we'd lose yesterday. 

Second year QBs take big jumps all the time. Maybe wait to see what happens. 

Given another good showing by Flacco and he beats the Bungles, then obviously have to stay with the hot arm. 

Yes, Flacco isn't our 'future', whatever that means. But if he stays hot he could be our short-term future, as in next week...next week...next week.

There are 52 other men on the team fighting their arsses off. Saleh HAS to play Flacco if Flacco is hot. Won't take too long before Flacco tails off or gets re-injured. Perfect moment to bring ZW in. No revolt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

true but there is no reason it has to be sooner. 

Zack is only QB1 cause of his draft status. he shouldnt be giving the starting job if Flacco is playing well. 

if they replace Joe while playing good Saleh will lose the locker room.... and his job.

I have no issue with them leaving Flacco in if he's balling. 

But I don't think there is that much point in arguing about it cuz Wilson is coming in when they think he's ready. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have no issue with them leaving Flacco in if he's balling. 

But I don't think there is that much point in arguing about it cuz Wilson is coming in when they think he's ready. 

JN “I just someone with a plan to follow their plan”

then later 

JN “forget your plan and listen to ME!!!   OR I’M GOING TO BUMP THE FIRE JD THREAD’ 

Flacco is the best QB on the roster.  Naturally, you go with him.  I dont see Wilson working out, but this may be the best chance the Jets bras has to save his career.  If he sits and cools his heels and learns, he may start thinking like a pro QB and perhaps, just may be, one day he may take the field for the Jets with a professional QB mindset.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

JN “I just someone with a plan to follow their plan”

then later 

JN “forget your plan and listen to ME!!!   OR I’M GOING TO BUMP THE FIRE JD THREAD’ 

sometimes plans change

this wasnt about playoffs this year. it was all about Zach.

but if we go 2-1 or we lose but Flacco plays good again you change the plans ..for now.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

. He is not going to put the team on his back. 

Flacco wont wind up on his own back by being stupid nor will he put the ball in the bread basket of a DB nearly as often as Wilson. 

Wilson cant play the professional game.  Look at his percentages. 

I agree we have to see him with the new weapons as a matter of convention, but that is just a formality nor should we see it until Flacco plays poorly in a game that they also lose on the scoreboard. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

OK - You were also sure we'd lose yesterday. 

Second year QBs take big jumps all the time. Maybe wait to see what happens. 

We were down 30-17 with less than 2 minutes to go and no timeouts left.  We should have lost.  lol.  

But yes, Flacco played far better than expected regardless, because he looked like a carcass in Week 1.  I wasn't expecting a sudden turnaround like that.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We were down 30-17 with less than 2 minutes to go.  We should have lost.  lol.  

Come on. Woulda, coulda, shoulda

Some of ya'll were making it sound like the Jets didn't belong on the same field as the Browns. We ended up beating them and the refs, who clearly laid the seven points yesterday. 

And, as I wrote after the Baltimore game, the board was massively overreacting to week 1. That game was even from the line of scrimmage, but the Jets made the critical mistakes that bad teams always make (drops, missed FGs, fumbles, bad penalties) to let Baltimore blow the game open. We had more yards and more time of possession than them in BOTH halves.

If this team doesn't legitimately compete in the vast majority of games they play, then something is wrong with the coaching. This is the best roster we have had since 2015. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, doitny said:

sometimes plans change

this wasnt about playoffs this year. it was all about Zach.

but if we go 2-1 or we lose but Flacco plays good again you change the plans ..for now.

I don’t change the plan but only because I think Zach has a much higher ceiling.  

Even in a sucky season he looked like a guy who could put a team on his back at times.   Teams who win Super Bowls seem to have a QB like that more often than not.